Old 04-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #1  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Default I feel like I whine about this a lot....[pictures]

The last time I posted pictures, you guys helped me see differences in my body. Can I do it again? I've lost about 9 pounds this month and 4 inches (2 off my hips and ribcage). Everything else is the same. I still see the same body. The last ten days I've actually been doing the 30 day shred. I am pretty proud of myself. Level 2 tonight!

Here are my new pictures compared to my last ones that I posted:

Today:

Does this stretch your screen? I hope not!

2012(left)-January(Right) picture:

I keep comparing myself to 2007 Shannon and I feel so disappointed. I feel like this is useless. Unless it's just taking time for my body to catch up? I can still fit into 60% of my "thinner" clothes from 220. So maybe I didn't gain that many inches (except in my tummy?)? Or stretched those clothes. I'm not saying that I want to be super skinny like now. But I need to buy new capris and I only want to buy new capris for the summer in a new size. And I want people to see me at events this year and be like, "OMG SHANNON YOU LOOK AMAZING."

I am feeling so much better than I did in December. I am so happy right now that I am actively losing. I am proud of myself. I just want to lose some inches. Does that make me greedy? I feel all these differences inside my body. I just want to see them.

But hey, I might hit my 15% goal this week. Maybe maybe.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 PM   #2  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

I think your doing great and very much over thinking it keep up your hard work. It IS paying off
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:44 PM   #3  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

You can definitely tell the difference! I'm kind of built the same way - big chest, smaller waist, and wider hips so it's been tougher for me to tell where the weight as gone because a little as disappeared everywhere! I keep hoping it will leave my boobs...but I suppose I may be asking for too much. Don't over think it...just keep doing what you're doing!
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266/238.1/130

Height: 5'1

I can definitely see the difference! I also think you're freaking out. You've done a great job so far and I think you will continue to do so. Congratulations!!
ladykahlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #5  
Hooping my Life Away

I probably am overthinking it. When I lost weight the last time, the inches seemed to melt off. I also got upset the other day when a friend of mine has lost 38 pounds and 48 inches. I've lost like 35 pounds in 4 months and less than 20 inches. I can't remember what it was off top of my head. I just did the math and it's only 13.5 inches. I know I shouldn't compare myself to others but it's so hard not to.

Edit: You know what I do need to calm down about this. Because at least I'm LOSING. Inches and pounds. Whereas the persons who sorta inspired me to lose weight (didn't want this girl that was the same size as me to be thinner than me) has not lost a pound at all. I'm not in that spot. I'm losing inches and pounds. I'm better than I was last year.

Last edited by Daimere; 04-29-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #6  
Hooping my Life Away

I also feel a lot of pressure to lose the weight and for people to see it. I don't know if most of you know, I'm a certified hoop instructor. I try to get people hooping but everyone wants to know if I've lost weight and if they can lose weight hooping. Yeah, you can. I haven't cause the last 2 years have been just eating anything I want. I feel like if I lost weight, then people will actually want to hoop because they can "see" the results. I would love to be able to dedicate my life to fitness and hooping is a stepping stone for me.

Does that make sense? Although I saw someone that I last saw in November (at least two tattoos ago) and that was the second question they asked!

And then there is personal pressure. THe reason I gave up on other programs 3 years past was cause I was getting no results body wise. I mean I am potentially 6 pounds away from my lowest weight, the weight that I gave up on and I STILL LOOK BAD. At least then I could see the results. Heck, I shouldn't have gave up but I was thinking 50 pounds or more of weight loss should mean I would be skinny and it was harder. I don't want to give up this time. I sound greedy or selfish or self-pitying or something. I just want to be smaller. I don't want a size 10 right now. I'd love to be a comfortable size 18.

Last edited by Daimere; 04-30-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #7  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

That makes sense. Part of the reason I waited so long was because I'm horribly impatient and if I didn't receive instant gratification from something I didn't want to bother. I'm still waiting for my clothes that I have now to be too big. A couple pairs of work pants are pretty baggy...but I can still wear everything I own. I think we have to force ourselves to be patient in order to achieve what we want to.

I've heard about hooping...I was thinking about giving it a try. I get bored easily, so I've been trying all kinds of different exercise until I can lose enough weight to safely start running again.

And yes, an 18 would be fantastic right now!
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 AM   #8  
Hooping my Life Away

Quote:
I've heard about hooping...I was thinking about giving it a try. I get bored easily, so I've been trying all kinds of different exercise until I can lose enough weight to safely start running again.
If you decide to get into hooping, make sure you buy a proper adult sized hoop. In the exercise forum, I made a HUGE post to help everyone interested in hooping. It's a lot of fun and there is always something new to learn!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #9  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

That time from 275+ to 220 is looooong in terms of clothing. It takes forever to drop a size and for people to notice for some reason.

I've heard it so often here, but it's worth repeating...the paper towel analogy:

Weight loss is like a paper towel. You use it and use it and it doesn't seem to get any smaller, then suddenly one day, it's magically almost gone without you even realizing it.

You WILL get there. It seems like a long time now, but soon you'll be saying, "wow, that just seems like yesterday."
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #10  
Hooping my Life Away

I'm secretly wishing my body will get with the program and overnight shed inches. I used to wish Santa would grant me weight loss when I was little
Old 04-30-2013, 11:35 AM   #11  
dirty labour daughter

S/C/G: 318/301/155

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex View Post
That time from 275+ to 220 is looooong in terms of clothing. It takes forever to drop a size and for people to notice for some reason.
THIS. I started off this time at 276, wearing a size 18/20 - I know from experience that I won't fit into a 16 until around 210. After 40 pounds lost, I'm still wearing the same pants I wore when I started losing weight - they're a little looser now, but still totally wearable without a belt.

I can definitely see the difference in your photos, Daimere! If you're not losing inches the way you want to, something to consider is that you might be losing more intra-abdominal fat - harder to see, but way more dangerous, so that's a GREAT thing!
merilung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

I can definitely tell! I'm going to give you specific places I can see it, because that is what I would want, plus you and I have a smiliar body and shape, so I hope to see the changes that YOU have already gained!

You tummy is DEFINITELY smaller!
The fronts of your thigs are smaller too!
And it looks like your back is as well!
And your booty, hehe.

You have done so amazingly, don't give up. It really isn't all about how we look, but how we feel. Try carrying around a bag of cement (it will weigh approximately the same weight as you've lost) and see how you feel when you put it down. It might help you remember how far you have come.

Congratulations and hugs!
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #13  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I know how you feel, believe me. We're actually very similar in shape (I have the same rolls just on a much more massive scale), and I struggle with seeing my progress. Yours is most definitely there! You're doing great!

I think the issue is that we shrink overall when our brains expect to see actual changes in shape.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #14  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I say this with LOVE, but you need better BRAS!!! You'd be amazed what a snug fitting, high and proud bosom in a good fitting bra can do for your posture and overall slimness, crazy business!!!

2nd, I'm recently obsessed with HOOPING!! it's my favourite activity, I rock out to bad 80s music and bust a move and die laughing and it has really taken inches off my waist and hips, even better! Absolutely get the adult weighted ones, it's really fun and lots of how-to videos on youtubbbe!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #15  

You are doing awesome, daimere. I'm so envious of your hooping skills!! The only exercise I get from my hoop is picking it up off the floor!

It took forever for people (including myself) to see any noticeable weightloss and now it seems everyone notices, even when I don't want them to!!

I love the papertowel theory that Vex mentioned above. I was like a superroll Bounty and now I'm getting more like 1 in the 2 smaller pack!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote