South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 04:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Take your time Tuesday Beach Chat 4/30

Good morning, enjoyed reading everyone's posts on my commute home. I don't know why I thought of today's title. Although I have been trying to take time for things I want to do. Also, taking time to decompress. Everything is fine, however I find myself "thinking" too much lately.

I cannot believe May is here already. The bike tour is only a little more than a week away. Yeah been thinking about that a lot lol. Four days of work in the books, two to go then off until the 19th. I cannot wait!!!

I'm ready for a refill anyone care for a cup?
Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'll join you with a coffee, Jennifer. I'm drinking Black Silk with a little skim milk and Truvia. I think it's good to have some "think time" to re-evaluate everything and take some time back for yourself. It's good medicine for the body. Have yourself a great day today!

I think April is trying to squeeze out the last bits of April Showers around here before the month is over. It does make for pretty with everything green and lush, but I'm getting fed up with the dogs tracking in muddy pawprints and have been trying to keep them confined to the mudroom but as soon as someone opens the door, in they all troop through the kitchen. I must have mopped the floor half a dozen times yesterday.
Today I have lots of errands and grocery shopping, and it's my late day with violin lessons after school. I must remember to stash an extra bottle of water in the car for all my running around.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Maybe you knew I'd need to take time to breath Jennifer? I am in full out move panic mode now that big stuff is going tomorrow. I am so not ready but I just need to be. Deep breaths.

oh, and good morning
Old 04-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cyndi, I must have missed it, but where are you moving to?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

April is going out with a bang, isn't it? It is raining *a lot*, but the green is so lush and pretty. Pretty soon my apple tree will bloom . Looks like you can't take too much time, at least for a few days, Jennifer!

Cyndi, good luck with the move. It does rank on one of the most stressful events in your life! It sounds like you have a lot of support and help with it though.

Cottage , your other option is just not to mop up . That's what I do!

Speaking of mud, we just had our morning walk. Had a great conversation with my friend. I also told her if I weren't meeting someone, I probably wouldn't do it so much!! I am grateful DH has the coffee ready when I get home.

Today is my normal long day. Woo Hoo.

OH - but we did reserve a camper (pop up) in our name yesterday, pending an agreement on price. I can't wait to go camping!!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:09 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup, take time is a great slogan, Jennifer. I seem to be too short of "me" time lately although I did have a relaxing weekend. My biggest accomplishment yesterday was finding and blocking Jazz's escape route. I'm sure he'll start work on a new one later in the week.

Cottage, I can imagine your annoyance with all those muddy paws. I am glad I have little dogs compared to your pack. We have rain on the menu today so no gardening but the forecast is for a whole seven days of sunshine and temps in the 70s. I guess this really IS Spring.

Cyndi, big stuff goes tomorrow? Will you be sleeping in the new place then or doing a lot of back and forthing? I'm sure it will be wonderful when you get settled in.

Since it's going to rain most of the day, I think this will be a desk and sewing table kind of day. Individual tax returns are all done and files but I do have to tackle the one for the Mill - not due until June 30 but it's a huge job so I'd better get started. *Sigh*

Right now though, I'm going to take my time and have another coffee while I cuddle two little dogs on the couch.

ETA: Hi, Tammy. Camping in a pop-up is my idea of the way to go. When my kids were small we had a tent and it sure made for some uncomfortable nights.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Yoga this morning; work this afternoon. Leftovers for both lunch and dinner which makes meal easy. We are having another hot day today; the bottom drops out again on Thursday. DH decided to turn on the A/C yesterday to test it out.

Have a great one, all.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Jennifer that is a good title but today is my rush around day- rush around work, rush home to rush to Awana and then rush to get back home by 8:30 tonight lol - those 4 days hopefully will pass quickly for you.

Cottage I have the same problem but I haven't mopped I just sweep it up for now because I would just get frustrated mopping every ten minutes.

Cyndi-Here's hoping the move of the big stuff goes smoothly while you are gone.

Tywnn good luck with getting the camper.

Ruth- glad you found the spot and got it took care of.

Karen enjoy your day today it is going to be hot here as well but I think we almost have the same temperatures but for us it hits on Friday instead of Thursday.

Have a great day!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!
Hi didn't have time to check in this morning... Got caught filling out a form for the state that was due today. I'm home from work and am going to try for a nap. See y'all tomorrow.
Closed Thread