Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Make-up tutorials

Does anyone know any good make-up tutorials?

I have no idea how to do make-up, I usually just put on tinted moisturizer and mascara but I'd like to know how to do something fancy or more involved for my everyday look.

Thanks!
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Makeup is my passion and so is watching makeup tutorials!!
My favorite YouTube makeup guru's are Gossmakeupartist ( He is a makeup genius!), Emilynoel83, Makeupgeek, Lisa Eldridge. Pixiwoo.
I've learned so much about makeup & skincare by watching tutorials. I also love makeup reviews because all makeup is not created equal.
Enjoy!!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

What I do is search YouTube for the tutorial I want, like "how to do cat eye" or "how to do smokey eye" or "liquid foundation application". I'll watch a bunch of the tutorials that come up and have a good rating. Then I go experiment!
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

I just youtube tutorials as well, there are some awesome channels out there. Makeupgeek is great, especially for learning pretty but work-appropriate looks. Also vintageortacky. My all time fav for crazy awesome looks in Petrilude.

I'd invest in some quality brushes, a good base and some good everyday colours. Amazing what you can do with just a few basics.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #5  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I second makeupgeek.com!

And just youtube in general...

I just bought the Two Face Matte Eye Pallet and it came with 3 different looks on cards with instructions, very handy!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

YouTube. I'm not kidding I've replicated SO many tutorials from that place and I am obsessed with makeup. I usually splurge as well and always purchase the same stuff their using - I just use it as an excuse to treat myself. My favorites are "Petrilude", "GregoryGorgeous" (yes they are both men who do makeup), makeupgeek, etc etc. You just type in "makeup tutorial" and a TON will come up. YouTube is great for things like that. There are also plenty of blogs as well.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #7  

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #8  

I agree with browsing around Youtube, just wanted to contribute my favorite! TessChristine123
thinkfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/235/170

Seconding Gossmakeup. He really is brilliant
CoolWhistles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

I am a makeup dunce too .. but I find a lot of thsoe you tube videos are geared towards people who already have some basic knowledge of makeup. I actually went into an Origins and said "I'm a make up dunce - help me!". It was a great start now it is easier for me to learn more - but the hands on tutorial was great!
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

My favorite lately has been http://www.makeupbyalli.com/ / http://www.youtube.com/user/MakeupByAlli (Her youtube seems to get updates before her website). I find her easy to watch/follow/understand, and the looks are things I would actually use, and I have learned some things from her. I also like that she uses a lot of drugstore products AND high end products, not just a single brand/or expensive stuff!

Goss seems to have good tips..but anytime I try to do what he suggest, things just look cakey/not good on me I kinda don't watch his videos anymore for that reason. "It's me not him" though, so you might find some great tips from him!

Other mentions I like;
http://www.youtube.com/user/LexiiBarbie (Lots of cute hair tutorials)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Mrslolalynn (I enjoy her segments on BB creams, her swatch videos, she has a few tutorials/routines)
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlisonLovesJB (some tutorials but mostly "get ready with me" videos that still show you what she does. i enjoy watching these)
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:04 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandypandy2246 View Post
I am a makeup dunce too .. but I find a lot of thsoe you tube videos are geared towards people who already have some basic knowledge of makeup. I actually went into an Origins and said "I'm a make up dunce - help me!". It was a great start now it is easier for me to learn more - but the hands on tutorial was great!
I'm not a total dunce, I'm okay with the foundation and primer. I just use a foundation brush to paint them on it comes out looking pretty good.

It's doing my eye make-up that kills me! Some people say to do your eye make-up first and then put on your foundation but it comes out a huge mess for me.

But when i do it second, I get faint eye shadow powder under my eyes which is why I guess they tell you to do it first! haha
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #13  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLib View Post
I'm not a total dunce, I'm okay with the foundation and primer. I just use a foundation brush to paint them on it comes out looking pretty good.

It's doing my eye make-up that kills me! Some people say to do your eye make-up first and then put on your foundation but it comes out a huge mess for me.

But when i do it second, I get faint eye shadow powder under my eyes which is why I guess they tell you to do it first! haha
I too do my foundation first, then my eyes....so....you aren't alone

As far as the eye shadow powder under your eyes....2 things....first, are you using an eye shadow primer? If not, you might want to consider it. It will create a sticky base for the powder shadow to adhere to causing less "fall out". Second, a fan brush is your best friend. ELF makes a great fan brush for $3. Just run this under your eyes to brush away any fallen eye shadow and it won't disturb your foundation

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 05-03-2013 at 08:27 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote