Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 10:07 AM   #1  

Default Will this Atkins Work?

I am 26 and desperate to lose some weight. I have tried everything. WW, Herbal plans. I was successful and lost 90 pounds 2 years ago and gained it back.

Can someone tell me if this will work? Is it hard? Any helpful tips?

Thanks very much!
Old 10-17-2003, 10:31 AM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Hi Umagirl,

Yes the Atkins plan really works if you follow the rules and like any diet, eat what you're supposed to and exercise.

The difference is on this diet you will generally feel very full and satisfied due to high fat content, and if you are able to break the addiction to carbs, you will feel a whole lot better as well.

Again as with other diet plans, this is not a "diet" and if you return to eating the way you did before you will most surely gain the weight back (as you have experienced). You need to consider this as a lifestyle change and ensure you can follow this woe for a very, very long time.

I would highly recommend you get the book (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution) and read it cover to cover before starting, paying special attention to the section on Induction. You may also visit www.atkins.com to get an idea on the four phases of the diet and get more information on acceptable foods.

Good luck and let us know what you decide. We are always here to answer questions and provide support!

Froufy
Old 10-17-2003, 10:49 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Any diet will work if you stick to it.

I love this diet because it doesn't feel like I'm being teased with itty bitty portions of food. For the first time in YEARS, I feel like I am in control and food does not control me
Old 10-17-2003, 11:50 AM   #4  

I have a good friend that has lost 100 pounds in less than a year. My guess is that she was about 400 pounds (we don't know for sure, the scale doesn't go that high) - she is looking wonderful and has a ways to go, but she loves this way of eating. She is only about 38 years old and has 4 children. She has more energy than she has had in years.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 181/158.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh yes this diet works and once you get past the carb cravings it is so easy to follow. My sister has lost 40 pounds. I have lost 12 so far and so I know ait works. I have more energy and do not get hungry. What more can we ask????

Good Luck and stick it out

Dinki
Old 10-18-2003, 01:00 PM   #6  
reaching my goals

It does work...faster for some and slower for others. I'm one of thes slower ones. I've been on it since 24 June 03 and have lost 27 pounds. Be sure to take vitamins while on Atkins so that you are getting everything your body needs. I have to take the vitamins to keep from feeling tired. I also have to eat minimally. I'm not sure if I'm doing the plan correctly or not. I am losing weight though. My twin has lost 21 pounds in the last month and a half. My little sister lost 67 pounds in the first 3 months. I'm sticking with it to lower my cholesterol. Give it a whirl. I'm sure you will be successful.
Closed Thread