South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wonderful weekend Beach Chat 4/27-4/28

WOW is everyone sleeping in???? Woke up to another gorgeous morning. Planned on riding, but realized I have not planned my meals for the week. Rather then set myself up for a tough long week, I'll get some prep done. Sadly my freezer is almost empty. Time to make my to do list before I leave for work.

Enjoy your morning java and share your weekend plans
Old 04-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Yankee - I go back and read the late posts when I get on each morning. I think there is just last chatting at night.

Jennifer - I need you to rub off on me - meal prep and riding. Yep.

I go into work late morning to early afternoon. I'm not sure if I'll try the treadmill first or not; so far in my slow return to walking, I have avoided doing so on days I work since both make my feet (and hips and...) hurt. But I do really need to get back into better shape and build up for my trip this summer.

Tonight we are going out to eat with friends. Tomorrow, nothing scheduled.

Enjoy your weekend, chicks.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Jennifer. You caught me! I slept in until 7:15 instead of being wide awake before 6! My auto-alarm must have adjusted itself since I used to waken at 5:20 exactly!

I also need to get my meal plan done for the coming week. I was really cutting carbs (close to Atkins) but the weight has popped back on the past few days - going off low carb does that with a vengeance. It also messes around with my BGL bigtime so I am heading into Phase I today.

Jazz and I go to pet therapy this morning - always enjoyable once I get there. I hope the weather improves by this afternoon so I can work outside. We have gray skies and 41ºF at the moment but ti's pretty out there with the blue scillas and yellow and white daffodils blooming and my forsythia all budded and trying to make up its mind to bloom.

Now for another coffee and get started on menu planning. First I'll clear the antique veggies out of the crispers and start a pot of stock.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! I glanced at the boards about 6:45 this AM and saw it was quiet, Jennifer, and was too lazy to start a thread before my walk. So Emma and I just walked for about an hour, nice and slow though since my DH and I are hiking or biking later. I didn't want to wear myself out!

Karen - I walked over 20 miles this week with the new pup, and my butt is telling me I did . No power walking for a while!

Today is the day a friend from church is watching our children ALL. DAY. What to do!??! DH and I haven't had this in.... almost 7 years. It stinks having grandparents >500 miles away (and honestly if they were closer they couldn't watch them anyways!).

Thanks Yankee for stopping by, I'm glad you like Emma's name . THose darned terriers are TOO CUTE!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

I certainly slept in... it was glorious.
Meeting up with some friends later on today to go bowling... I have never been, should be interesting. Since I have some time before then, going to be in the kitchen preparing what I can for the week ahead.

Hope every one has a happy saturday!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/227/160

Height: 5'-6"

Good Afternoon! Taking a break from cleaning my basement – my niece is going to be storing some stuff here, so I need to get organized.

Jennifer – if you want to see how Mason Jar salads are done, you can see photos of them just by Googling. The idea is that you pour salad dressing in the bottom of the jar, then build your salad on top of it, finishing with some kind of lettuce greens. Close the top tightly, store in the fridge, and when you’re ready to eat it, you just shake it up and enjoy!

I made five at once, just putting a little olive oil and salt in the bottom. I started with chopped cucumber, and continued with the heavy and wet ingredients. I separated that stuff from the lettuce (which you want to keep dry) with dryer ingredients like whole grape tomatoes and cut up avocado. People seem to eat these right from the jar, but I dumped mine into a large bowl. I put everything together on Sunday, and I had lunches for the week!

Have a nice weekend, everyone.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

We enjoyed our days off as long as possible and drove over the hill early this morning. We left at 330am and arrived at 555...just enough time for one more cup of coffee and a smoothie...arriving at work 635..5 minutes late. It was wonderful not to have to deal with snow and it is very warm out today. I work a half day tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good afternoon Chicks I have switched to tea because it's an early to bed night. I was up and moving way too fast this morning. We decided yesterday not to go to the coast but to stay home and get more moving prep done. I've been waking up at 4am stressing so it seemed better to get a few things done. We mixed in a nice little hike last night and a longer and scenic hike today along with a lunch date, so it was a good compromise.

Tomorrow I have some work to do, lots of cooking, more packing and at least one walk. The guys are moving all the big stuff Wednesday while I am at an event up north. I'm going to make some gluten free goodies for them. I think they will need the extra protein. Anyone have a suggestion for a lunch food that doesn't need to be heated and is grab and go? I was thinking about lasagna or something but we gave away the microwave from that house and mine won't be there yet.

Time to get dinner on, pour a glass of wine, and enjoy the porch.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Just checking in, as I haven't posted in a few days. Hope everybody is doing well.

Things are going well here. Enjoying my weekend off. Went to a movie w/ a friend last night and then I went walking on the Riverwalk today w/ another friend. Tomorrow I'll walk the trail behind my house w/ another friend.

I've also been doing a lot of packing and cleaning. Sadly I just tossed out an entire kitchen sized garbage bag full of underwear...but no sense in hanging old to those old size 28s, right??? Just for comparison, I laid a new pair of underwear on top of an old pair...it was a good reminder of how far I've come, even though I still have a long ways to go.

Still waiting to hear about the job in Massachusetts. They told me it could be a few months, though. Keep your fingers crossed!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #10  

Glad to see you pop in, Natasha! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the job. Keep us posted!

Cyndi, sounds like not traveling was a good idea, but I'm glad you got some hiking time in anyways .

Yesterday was awesome. We dropped off the kids at our friends house, and then visited several RV places, and then on a hike. Too bad I didn't know we would bring the pup with us, so I had gotten up and taken her on a 3 mile walk. Then we did a (I would guess) 4.5 strenuous mountain hike that took 2 hours in the afternoon. Needless to say, I hit the sack as soon as I could last night!! My friend said the kids were awesome, and she is too good for doing that for us. I can't wait to do it again!!

Since yesterday was a play day, I guess I should get something done today. Meal planning, cleaning, and maybe a nap .

Last edited by TwynnB; 04-28-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mornin', Beachers. A gloriously sunny day is happening and I plan to be outside for most of it. Deskwork can wait until tomorrow when it's supposed to rain. This time of year, I plan my days according to the weather.

The Doggage are enjoying the spring weather and have been loafing out on the deck a lot. So far Jazz has not escaped from the yard but I am semi-expecting it to happen. Disney is having a lot of trouble going down the steps though. I guess I need to take her to the yard through the gate. Poor doggie! She sneaks around the corner of the deck so she's out of sight and does her thing there.

This will be another "me" day with some veggie garden digging and then some easy jobs like clearing off the asparagus bed. I am dying for the first feed of my own asparagus and it's late this year. Maybe today the forsythia will bloom - doesn't take much to make me happy!

Enjoy your Sunday whatever you do.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #12  

Ohhhh, good point Ruth, I need to ask DH to plow up the garden. I need some dirt time!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Well the joke goes that Colorado only has two seasons-Winter and Summer. I'm remembering that last week it was 15° out in the morning ... It was almost 55° this morning. Last night we went to Denver and it was 78° at 6 o'clock in the evening. I am so happy even if I am already at work. I work until noon today then were going back to Denver to hang out with Kirks kids. Maybe I'll take my bike.
Have a happy Sunday everyone!
Old 04-28-2013, 11:33 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Sounds like everyone is enjoying their weekends, I slept in late today so no church today.

I am going to go with DS and his GF to look at moped. It gets 65 mpg so that will offset his truck that only gets 14 mpg.

Yesterday spent it cleaning out the basement, there were about three boxes that did get wet that I had not changed out to rubbermaid. Salvaged a few things and the rest threw out. (Not sure why I still had my old college folders saved). Almost have the basement dried out but it keeps raining before it is fully dry, I could use about a week of no rain.

Enjoy your Sunday and try to do something enjoyable to you!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:15 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 5"

Back home after my weekend conference. Lovely scenery, even though I had to enjoy it through the windows. Some of the Adirondack lakes still had a little ice but I would think it will melt soon as it was sunny and in the 60s today. Amazing the difference 1,000 feet of elevation makes in temperature!

I did my best with food choices this weekend but I'm sure the scale will not be kind tomorrow. I may have to do a couple Phase I days to shed the water weight. At least I made it to the store tonight to make sure I had the necessary food to pack the week's lunches. Off to ready myself for the week.
Closed Thread