Old 04-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #1  
Wandering in the Woods

Default I'm back for a hug !

Hello everyone. I have been in and out of 3fc for about 9 years now, but most of that I was gaining. Now that I'm starting to lose (slowly, but surely) I want to hang out a little more to put the focus back into my life, and to talk about what is working.

I've lost 15 pounds in one year. Okay, not really something to celebrate in more popular thinking, but for me who has done nothing but gain, gain, gain, since turning forty 11 years ago, and who is now a menopause survivor I think things will be leveling out.

I have been eating differently, more fat, fewer carbs ~ not necessarily fewer calories~ and walking a lot more.
Walking regularly, daily once & sometimes twice. I live on a hilly area, so slow hilly walks of about 30 to 40 minutes. Nothing gung-ho.
A year ago I was grumpy, terribly sore, and with pain in my hips, and just feeling easily winded and terribly unfit.
Today I am not sore , no pain anymore (unless I do a big digging gardening day, like yesterday, and I'm sore now!)...and a general feeling of being a lot more fit.
I am just changing. The weight loss has been slow, and I'm good with that.

Now I want to see a new number on my scale I haven't seen for a long time... 160-something!
Going to push for these next two pounds... I'll have to work very hard for them, as no pound loss is easy now.
I'm going to be trying for 2 little walks in my day now, out walking the dog, instead of 1 (with an occasional 2). Its the second walk I think, which does it !
So, to everyone, I give a celebratory hug

Last edited by Hermit Girl; 04-27-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Hermit Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Hugs to you & congrats for all you have accomplished in fitness & losing 15 pounds in a year is great & definitely a cause for celebration!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote