South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday Chat - April 26

Good morning. Grab a mug of Paul or Emeril and sit and chat a bit. I'd suggest the front porch but it did not get cleaned up yesterday.

Donna comes to clean today since yesterday it didn't happen. She had to drive her sister to the dentist in Kingston. I bit my tongue to keep from asking whether they had cabs there. I did get lots of running around done after we got home from the vet. It always takes longer when I take Jazz to the vet as everyone wants to hold and pet Mr Charming!

Today is gym first thing - after a handful of Aleve since my knees are sore today. Then I tackle the bank who put my big weekend deposit into the wrong account. Grrr! New teller who gets confused. Then home to supervise Donna when she does a deep clean of the back room. Tonight I go to a birthday party for Jack which should be fun. He turns 14 and has chosen "Make Your Own Pizza" as his menu. I think I can eat my way around that.

So off we go with the last Friday in April. I'm pretty sure Spring will get here soon although they had snow flurries in Ottawa last night!

What's happening on your TGIF?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I have my mug of Black Silk, which is fast becoming my new favorite brew. We could all sit on my sunny patio, this morning, but you need a sweater until the chill burns off.

How'd the vet visit go, Ruth? Is Disney's sprain all better? Enjoy the party tonight. I'm thinking pizza tonight, too. I may look for that frozen one we enjoyed, it sure was tasty!

I have errands and groceries this morning, and this afternoon I may take Dad out shopping for new khakis. He needs some new pants and doesn't have a clue how to shop. If it's warm enough, I'm hoping to sit outside and soak up some sunshine later.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I would love to have my coffee on the porch with you Chicks. It's definitely too cold here, looks like some frost on the lawn.
I'm in high stress mode, waking up at 4 a.m. running through the next few weeks. It's not pretty. I thought I had it figured out - give myself the whole month of May to move, legislative session ends 5/11 so plenty of time to get humans and cats settled (cats are notoriously bad movers), plants transferred, and old place cleaned. Now I'm being sent off to Maryland the week of the 2oth though, so everything is in the air. Working on deep breathing! In spite of all that we are driving to the coast after work so we can spend one entire day there. I just refuse to give up migration season again and really need a few hours of salt air breaths.

Ruth - Hope all goes as planned today and that bank fix is quick

Cottage - Happy sunning

Twynn - Any thoughts on the value of pheromone diffusers for cats? I am so worried about moving my babies. Luna spent the first 10 months of her life in the shelter and the rest in this house and Sebastian is just naturally neurotic.

Okay, I suppose I should make a serious plan for the day. No real vacation planned until my birthday weekend in June. Is it too early to start counting down?!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning ladies! I am having black silk as well (conventional coffee maker mixed with decaf so I'm not a complete freak today.

Ruth, I'd be a bit annoyed at the misplaced money!! The birthday party sounds great, especially the menu .

Cottage, you're a good daughter taking your daddy shopping. LOL...he doesn't have a clue on how to shop.

For me - work for a while, then we're checking out a pop up someone is selling on craigslist - it sounds like an ideal one if it's in good shape. Then the kids have their spring musical tonight, which is always great...and then tradition is to go to the local dairy for ice cream and play afterwards. We've learned to bring a change of clothes, because the kids roll down the grassy muddy hill...preferably not in their Sunday best!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi - good morning! The diffusers I think can help - but definately the wall or spray. Some have a collar - those aren't as useful. My cats have always moved really well, but then again...they're pretty good for cats! (the newer 14lb cat currently beats up the 43 lb dog at dinner time in fear the dog steals his food....brave and stupid, all at the same time....)
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Gym with my mom and trainer this morning. Then I have some errands I might or might not run. Depends on my mood and the weather.

I am reading Joel Furhman's latest book since DH got it from the library and is momentarily gung ho. Does anyone follow his plan?

Have a great day.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:17 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

Cyndi - I used a diffuser when we moved my cat after she stopped eating and had to be hospitalized and force fed because she was so upset about the move. I think it really helped. An immediate difference was shortly after I put it up (I would say a couple of hours), she started marking (rubbing against things, not peeing) walls and the floor of the apartment which she had not done previously. I would totally recommend them. They say you should put the diffuser up a day or so before you bring the cats to the new place and also have one in the old place a couple of days before you move so the smell is familiar.

Anyway...the end of a long week. We're going to the Cape this weekend - I'm worried about the length of the drive, but otherwise psyched!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Ruth I would be grrr about the bank mess up, hopefully it will be quick work to straighten out.

Cottage enjoy your day today

Cyndi that sounds like a good idea to get some salty air

Tywnn good luck with checking out that camper. I have a confusion we bought hybrid camper in 2007 and have only taken it out once, it is sitting in the back yard used for Playhouse.... we should get rid of it but DH is attached.

Karen have good workout with your mom

Mmckellan have fun at the Cape this weekend.

I am so glad to be done with classes for awhile, now I can concentrate on the upcoming summer, hard to believe but my kiddos have less than a month of school and they are out for the summer.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good evening all. Busy early day, worked from 5-1, then went for a ride. I met two female police officers who are also doing the ride, but with the NJ Chapter. We will meet up with them on day two of the ride. I stopped for two cyclists with flats. The second one caught up to me to ask about my bike. He also told me I had perfect for and aft (huh is that flirting lol) I ordered a tow hitch for my car which is being installed next Friday (whoo hoo I get my trunk back) Feeling good and just really enjoyed today. I hope you did too

More riding tomorrow followed by Yankee Stadium OT. Sadly we do not get to inside the stadium. Oh well
Old 04-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #10  

Hello everyone. I'm just checking in. Things are crazy and disorganized around here as usual. I just finished catching up on everyone's happenings. Since Tammy called me out specifically I wanted to let her know that I LOVE the dog name, of all the choices I think this one is perfect and hope all family members agree. Also, Happy Birthday. I added your birthday to my iPhone as I always seem to miss it!

I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to be enjoying spring now. We are past the bad pollen time where everything is coated in yellow and thankfully it isn't too hot yet. In fact we have our first outside swim meet for dd1 tomorrow and I think we are going to freeze.

I'm doing better with meals but some night I have to confess we just eat meat. Not healthy but it has been getting us through and my husband and I are losing still. The scale gave me a preview this week of a 30 lbs total loss!!! I'm not there yet because my weight loss is always funny. I will see a huge dip that I call my preview and then bounce up and down until it holds for a few days and then dip again! I can't help but weigh everyday but I am used to the swing and don't get too upset. The most important thing to me is I usually never see the highest number of the week again!!

DD2 had her first sleep over last weekend and we went to IHOP for breakfast. It was wonderful. If anyone has to go out to breakfast go there! I had eggs and bacon and three whole wheat pancakes with sugar free syrup. It was delicious and despite the splurge there was no scale impact! I had no idea they had such great stuff for south beachers. I confess they had turkey bacon too but I went for the real stuff.

As always, I'm too chatty but hopefully no one will notice. Jekel, you are the only one who notices my squeaking in on the end of the daily posts and your hours don't seem quite as crazy as they were.

For anyone who reads this, Have a Great Weekend!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:34 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi, Yankee in the South. Nice that you have a chance to pop in at the end of your day. Chatty is great. Your DD2 sleepover must have goen well if you still wanted giggly girls for breakfast.

By the way, I always try to read the late in the day posts so please do post. I'm an early riser and an early bedtimer too!
Closed Thread