Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/140

Height: 5'1

Default Oh no...I had sweets!

So for the past 3 weeks I have been very well at eating very little sweets. It's been so awesome to say I haven't had any....
Today was not a good day at work so in the meeting that I was in...I had a candy bar, piece of chocolate and some hard candy! On the flip side...during the break...I asked a friend to smack my hand...I ate too many sweets...and had my apple. I am not mad b/c I realized what I was doing and stopped!!! So I am sorry for the long post...thanks for listening...
KYgirlinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #2  

Height: 5"6

Don't be sorry! That's why we're al here! Good for you for having a littttle bit! I think if we eliminate foods from our diet, we increase the risk for big binges. Having a small portion of some of your faves food is just fnie, so long as you watch the caloric intake. You're good, so long as it doesn't happen daily!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #3  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

It happens! Just keep on doing what you do on plan the rest of the day and chalk it up as one of those things. I'm sure that if you stay on plan the rest of the day, and week, it won't affect you one bit. Don't beat yourself up.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/135

Height: 62 inches

A little bit here and there is not going to harm you! Good for you for stopping at just a few pieces! It's good to have what we love as a treat once in a while!
RavenWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Good job for stopping, IDK if I would have been able to
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140

Height: 5'1

Thanks for the support everyone! I didn't want to stop but knew I would be very unhappy with my self! And I am proud to say that when I was offered ice cream today I said no thank you!
KYgirlinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #7  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on "no" on the ice cream!

And so you had a few sweets. It is what it is.

After a long time at this game, I've realized, it takes time to reorder your thinking.

The good news is, with patience and practice, it does get easier!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I usually keep some sweets in the house at all times so when I feel the urge I can have a tiny bit which is now enough to satisfy me. I've never been one to completely cut out things because for me it's going to make a binge on those things so much more likely. I'm actually really proud of myself for still having some Easter chocolate in the freezer because normally I would have eaten everything in a couple days now I get to enjoy it over a longer period of time. I think like everything else, you just have to make sure that your portion sizes are correct.

Good job with saying no to ice cream, after knowing you already indulged a bit!!
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #9  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Don't worry about it. You stopped yourself from eating more, right? That's excellent progress Having sweets one day is not going to destroy your eating plan and you can always do extra exercise to lose some of the calories. It's no biggie
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote