Old 04-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #1  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Default 5 servings of fruit and veg and then what?

Apart from the 5 servings of fruit and veg what are the other ones?
I've always wondered.
1 serving of pizza would be awesome!
1 serving of chocolate?
1 serving of bacon?
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Fruits, Vegetables...

Starches, Proteins, Dairy (or calcium), Fats, and in some Diabetic Diets "Other carbohydrates" is used as a catch-all category for junky carbs.

I've read that the most health benefits actually come from eating more like 10 servings of fruits and vegetables, but that the Department of Agriculture supposedly didn't think Americans would consider that a reasonable recommendation (because the average, depending on the area as little as less-than-one - if you count potato, corm and legumes as starches).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote