Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #1  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Default Cannot let myself get that hungry...

I work evenings and usually bring a snack with me to tide me over until I get home at about 8:30pm. However, yesterday I forgot to a bring a snack. To make it worse, I had worked out just before I left for work and I get crazy hungry after working out.

My last meal was at 1:00pm. I also had to go grocery shopping after work so I didn't get to eat until 9:30pm. By that time, I was so hungry I lost control. I seriously ate like a 400 pound man. First, it started with the brown-rice sushi that was meant to be by dinner. However, it was followed by 8 chicken wings that my husband cooked, half of a big package of candy and 3/4 of a big bag of chips - both things that I bought at the grocery store that evening since I had lost control there as well due to my hunger. I know I can't go to the grocery store hungry. I also know that I can never let myself get that hungry since I obviously turn into a starving dog. By the time I was finished, it still took 30 minutes to feel full - and at that time I felt so full I wanted to throw up. Not cool =(

Does anyone else have issues when they let themselves get to the super hungry point?

Last edited by Candeka; 04-25-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 75-165 / 67.9 / 62-135

Of course, me too, it's aclassic
Lumia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Yup, I have been there a couple times! It sucks. I also have made the mistake of going grocery shopping while hungry and sometimes I buy things that I normally don't just because of my dumb hunger.

Hope you're feeling better today!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #4  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Yes, but I rarely (if ever) go that long without eating. *nibble nibble*
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #5  

That is so me! I go nuts if I get too hungry. It's as if I am so desperate to get rid of that hungry feeling that the pendulum swings the other way----i.e., I want that stuffed feeling. I always regret it, though. Why can't I just handle hunger like a normal person???

Besides when I'm hungry, I also overeat when I have my meal and it's dissatisfying. I seem to feel like a petulant child, throw a mental tantrum, and eat something else just because I didn't get the good meal "owed" to me.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #6  
Cindy

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/136

Height: 5'6"

I was just talking about this in another thread as well. It happened to me today because I was two hours later than usual eating lunch. I ate more than usual and even splurged with stuff I don't eat anymore, but I stopped before it became a full out binge. I think like was said above, I knew if I would just wait a little while, my hunger and my stomach would finally get on the same page and I would realize I was full. So I ended the meal with some vegetable soup (0 points for those who do Weight Watchers) and finally I was back in the realm of sanity.
forkeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Krissy View Post
Yes, but I rarely (if ever) go that long without eating. *nibble nibble*
This is me too. I keep approved snacks with me at all times (protein bars, nuts, fruit, etc.). If I know I'm going out and not sure how long I'll be, I pack a bag of food even if it doesn't get eaten. I'm dangerous if I get hungry and have no plan.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/220/130ish

Height: 5'4

YES! I really cannot get hungry or else I will eat everything in the vicinity. Right now I have those almond bags in my purse, just so I always have a snack just in case.

Hunger addles my brain and all of the sudden it seems perfectly reasonable to have that chocolate chip cookie with my veggie sub. It's awful.
Dichi is offline   Reply With Quote