South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Thursday on the Beach

I don't know how it happened but I'm up and ready for work with 10 minutes to spare. Must be the early daylight and the sound of the birds singing. I'm excited to have heard the peepers last night and to have daffodils in bloom finally. (We won't mention the chance of flurries in the forecast overnight....)

Just the usual day for me: work and a meeting afterward. Tonight I have to get myself organized for a weekend work conference in the Adirondacks. It's easy to pack clothes, but I need to get my SB snacks lined up! We all know how conference food can be.

Got my coffee in my thermos for work, hope your cup is full.
What's on everyone's agenda today?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Neighbour (or Neighbor) Beth and thanks for starting us up. It's sunny here and no snow in our forecast so keep your flurries on YOUR side of the Bridge, please.

Back in a bit. It's trash day - such excitement!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday on The Beach, 4/25

Wow, I realized as I was typing the date that we're almost through April already and next week will be May! Seems it was winter just a few weeks ago.

Today's my Friday at work, and I'm planning to bake banana bread for the construction crew for their morning break. They've been a considerate bunch, making sure we have a handy place to park while they're building the garage, and I've been trying to keep our curious dogs out of their way.

I'm looking forward to the weekend when Jake and I celebrate our 44th wedding anniversary!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Awwwww, congratulations to you and Jake, Cottage!! What are you going to do to celebrate? We have a lady at church that volunteered to take our kids all weekend, we opted to just start with the day....so she has the kids ALL day Saturday!! What are we to do!?!!? It's awesome, because none of our parents can watch the kids, so we don't have a family babysitter.

Beth - thanks for starting us up. The birds are sure noisy here this AM!

Ruth, glad to see you poke in.

Went on a walk this AM, my friend texted to say she was sick. However, I couldn't find my phone...DS took it when he was mad last night. Needless to say, he is in BIG. TROUBLE.

It's my long day at work, but last time I looked my schedule is pretty empty. I'll find some things to keep busy, I am sure!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning sunny skies here too! Really enjoyed getting out for a ride yesterday. John's son was having trouble breathing at school so he only rode for a hour. His son has seasonal allergies and requires an inhaler and nebulizer treatments. Poor little guy suffers every spring and fall. I stuck it out for three and got my first fall of the season out of the way. Not happy about falling, but glad I did not get hurt. Today no bike. Been feeling very run down since Monday. I think it's a cold, but not certain. Bills need to get paid anyway. Later I am off to Joe's. Way too much to do there lol.

Happy Anniversary Cottage, 44 years is quite impressive!!

Beth great pre planning snacks for the conference!

TwynnB what are you and the hubby going to do on Saturday?!

Ruth I am certain taking out the garbage is not the only thing on your to do list today

Enjoy
Old 04-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Back and the trash is out. It's supposed to be out by 6 a.m. but my lad is never here until after 7. It's gorgeous out there - wet from yesterday's rain but it'll be a grand day for some gardening.

Cottage, you are an angel with the construction lads. They sure do appreciate being cared for and I am sure we get a better job done in exchange for coffee and goodies.

Tammy, I'm sure you will be able to find something to keep you busy even if it's thinking of suitable punishment for the phone snitching lad! How is Miss Emma doing?

Jazz and I are off to the vet shortly for his annual check-up and shots - $$$ but sure worth it for my dogs and also mandatory if they are therapy dogs. When we get home, I may tackle the front porch and get it ready for "settin' out"! On hot or rainy days it's a great place to sit and chill out watching the world go by. (Someone walking down the road is an event.)

Donna comes late morning and I think I'll set her to cleaning out a closet with permission to just sort out stuff. I don't intend to have a yard sale but may pass on stuff to the next organization doing one. She's moaning a bit about needing a canister vacuum and must get her one. The Dyson is great on floors but awkward for some other cleaning jobs ... like vacuuming corners and shelves.

Time to throw on some clothes for the vet visit - not that it's a fashion show - and then take off. My kitchen is a mess but there will be time to put stuff away before Donna comes.

Happy Thursday to all.

Edited: Sorry about the fall, Jennifer, but glad you aren't badly hurt. Bikes can eb so forgiving. has Joe tried the Pollinex shots for his son? I took Pollinex-R for my allergies for many years and have now developed an immunity to ragweed. Might be worth investigating.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm off to yoga this morning. Then will squeeze in an unplanned trip to Costco before I work this afternoon.

Turns out the batteries I got there recently were not good. Today I found at least one oozing in my appliance! Only discovered it by chance since this little gadget flashes when the batteries are low and I knew I'd just changed them.

Have a great day.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Running late as usual Looks like another lovely day for running the roads so I will make the most of the job and drive through the mountains.

I've decided to just accept my weight where it is right now. I'm just not getting into the groove again. I wouldn't have been thrilled to be where I am now if I hadn't been at that darned size 6 for 4 years. Oh well, I seem to do best when I accept my body, that's when things seem to happen for me. For now I'll focus on fitness and getting back in the best possible shape, and just sticking to plan.

Hi ho, Hi ho, it's off to work I go.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:25 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi! Kirk is driving now..about 30 minutes from the pool and home. It's our first dry road drive nice
Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Done with class, hope everyone is having a great day
Old 04-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 238/226/175

Height: 5'11"

Cottage, congrats on your anniversary! 44 years is incredible, ain't love grand?

I'm waiting to see if I got a job I interviewed for on Monday, fingers crossed because I'm going mad not working. In the meantime I'm cleaning my mom's house so she can have a nice relaxing weekend for a change haha. Well, relaxing for her, which means redecorating her master bath.

Might go see a movie tonight, I'm dying to see Evil Dead again.

Ruth- did you train your therapy dog yourself, or hire a trainer? I'm really interested in training my pup so she can visit hospital patients.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Alley, I have always trained my dogs myself. there is no special training for therapy dogs -the just need to be friendly, obedient, calm, get along well with other dogs and like people and children. We do test them for this type of situation and do police checks on the people and health checks on the furries. in Canada this is done through www.tpoc.ca but there must be a similar US organization. Lexxiss has done this kind of work too. Perhaps she can give you US information.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 145/125/123

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies, sorry to bust in here, but I really had to tell someone my good news! My dd just called and she got accepted to the college she wanted! Yay! She's been studying hard at a comm college and is transferring to UCSD.

And I lost a kilo! Yay! I've been working hard for a special wedding which is tonight! So I'm thankful.

Thanks for letting me share!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 238/226/175

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Ruth! She's a giddy little pup right now, so I think it'll be some time, but I figure it's the best time to start training.
Closed Thread