Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #1  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Default 2013/Part 1: Getting out of the 220s and 230s.

I thought we should start a new thread since we are well pass the 500 post mark.

Keep up the good work ladies. I'm still inching along.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 PM   #2  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Yay for new threads!!!

So I completed yesterday's portion of P90X which was Shoulders and Arms and Ab Ripper. I made a mental note that it's time to up the arm weights from 4lb to 7lb, except on tricep kickbacks because I still struggle with the 4lbs But I will get there! I do plan to buy 10lb and 15lb dumbbells soon, I hope to be up to that much by the end of this round of P90X! Tonight is Yoga X night, it's the hardest workout for me because it is so slow paced and long but on the other hand, I know it's great for strength training and flexibility, which is my motivating factor!

I only lost 3.4lbs this month, not happy with that because I wanted to be out of the 230s, but this morning I am sitting at 231.6, so we shall see what my official weigh in day for the week brings!

I am so ready for the weekend and for my husband and I to both spend some quality time together, it's been a crazy busy week!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 01-31-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Accidentally posted in the last one that reached 500 posts
Old 01-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #3  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Hey ladies, congrats on all the successes you are having this week! We are off to a great start to 2013. I can't wait to see where we all are when we ring in the New Year for 2014.

As for me, I've been hovering around 229 all week. I dropped down to 228.4 on Saturday but have been above it since. I know I'm doing well, and I've stayed under my calorie goal of 1700 all week. I've increased my fruit and veggie intake by quite a bit, too. My workouts haven't been super intense, but they're there and I do push myself. I feel the squats I did yesterday in my body today, and it's like nothing I've felt before. Jello for legs and they are sore, but I gotta say, it feels great. I know I'm going to get there!! All I keep thinking about is the look on my family's face come Vegas, and especially Christmas time!

Keep pushing ladies, and have a great day!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #4  

I better get on the first page as I don't plan on staying here much longer!! Get me to the 2-teens already, pleasssssssssssssssssse!!
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #5  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Pink Hurricane, you posted whole I was writing a response. Awesome work with those work outs! P90X is something I want to look into more in the future. I have a cousin who just lost about 60 lbs (and is now a stick!) and credits P90X for a lot of it. Good luck on your official weigh in! 3.4 lbs is still something to be proud of!
Old 01-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #6  

Elladorine, I just read your post about your TOPS meeting last night. Such an inspiration, it must have been awesome in real life. You changed people's lives last night with your approach and examples, I am sure of it. What a gift you have to do that, I couldn't ever do that and I admire people like you.

And yay to your husband, how great is he to run with you! At 5am even!

Thank you for sharing all of that with us, made me smile while I was reading it.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/260/175

Height: 5'9

I'm Going To Join In On The New Thread,i've Been Back And Forth For The Last Couple Weeks Between 237 And 240ish, But TodayAt 239. Hopefully This Will Help Me Stay Focused. I Look Forward To Talking With All Of YOU.

Last edited by getmydivaback3; 01-31-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #8  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Elladorine - Karen you are such an inspiration to us all!! That photo is amazing I have an old shirt I wore at my highest weight I am holding on to also. I may have to recreate your photo one day

Last edited by SmallSteps; 01-31-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #9  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Good morning!!! Into the 226 range this am! I like you ladies, but I'm planning on joining the 2teens by the end of the month. Earlier would be awesome, but a 7 pound loss this month would be fantastic.

Job search - I've been applying like a mad woman.. unfortunately, we have to move out of state, so far Texas and Alaska are in the picture. I graduated high school in Anchorage so it's not that big a deal, except my hubs who was raised in OK and is in fact a summer kind of guy...not sure how he'll deal with the endless nights from Oct-Marchish. He's all for it, since he's an outdoorsy hunting/fishing fool. The kids are like o.O "Deadliest catch ALASKA?!?!?!" If that's where we need to go to get my experience and license, then that's where we go, we can always relocate in a few years. So if anyone works in the SLP business and especially if they're in Texas and willing to help me get my 25 hours of fieldwork for my Texas license, PLEASE let me know!! (I like Alaska, but I have no family up there!!)

Everything else is good, hubs and I are reconnecting since he got laid off, he's a bit depressed and funky over it, but not seriously so. His body has also gotten to recover, 5p-5a, 6-7 days a week is hard on the system, he never got to hang out with the kids, or even really build a relationship with the baby. Now him and the baby are becoming great buds and he took the 7 yr old fishing yesterday after school.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 AM   #10  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Happy February, Ladies!
"Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour." - John Boswell

Everyone is doing so exceptionally well! And in winter, no less! I think there is something deep inside of me that says, "Rest. It's winter. The sun has not yet risen. The earth sleeps. It's time to rest." My entire soul seems to awaken in April. So I figure if I can do well in the winter, then Spring should be even more satisfying.

What are you looking forward to this February?
I like Valentine's day, despite DH working every year. My birthday is also on the 22nd and the entire family is taking the day off, so that I should be really fun. Going to a Superbowl party this Sunday. Also taking a tour of the Celestial Seasoning tea factory and starting a new book club.

Tomorrow marks the day halfway between winter and spring. Old irish folklore has mentioned that this was a day that they celebrated spring, and the beginning of lambing season.

What is this season going to be for you? What would you like to focus on this February?

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 02-01-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey Everyone, jumping back in here after losing my holiday gain. Hit 239.4 this morning and am super excited. I still can't believe I've come this far...and even crazier is that I'm still going, full force. It's amazing, really.

Lunar, I really like that quote. In fact, I think I'll still it for my 'postit quote wall' at work. I love winter, and it is, indeed, a time for those things.

Last edited by LebenAlles; 02-01-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #12  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

LebenAlles, do you want to edit your post and update that number--I think you transposed. But when it's updated, we'll be .

My new digital scale did not depress me this morning. It said 222.8. I was hoping for a 223 number, so I am thrilled with that. I'm heading towards the two-teens!

lunarsongbird, it looks as if you have a great February planned. I'm excited to be starting the 30DS today--there's a group on MFP who is starting it all on 1 Feb (although a few do seem to be off a few days).

We're planning a trip to Chicago next weekend to see my brother (who will be there from San Diego) and my dad (who will be there from Mexico) and various other relatives to celebrate my grandmother's 97th. One of my other brothers might be there as well--he isn't very predictable. The rest of February looks pretty quiet.

19deltawifey--I hope you're heading to the two-teens fast--Angihas and I will be there soon, too. We'll move the party to a new thread!

Have a great Friday and weekend, everyone!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the catch Beth, I editted it! Ack, definitely don't want to be back in the 300's again, good lawd no!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #14  

Welcome to the 230s/220s thread, lebenalles!

These other ladies are flying out of here real soon, wow! Great job!

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday! I'm patiently waiting for my weigh-in on Monday. Need to lose at least .6lbs to break the 100lb mark. It's irked me all week that 3FC rounds up and already called it 100...
Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #15  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

Ella - WHAT?!?! That is so crazy inspirational and you look AH MA ZAING.

Angi - Crazy, my husband was born and raised in Alaska. He went to East Highschool. The seasons certainly are a bit different but I think youre right, as long as you stayed in Anchorage it wouldnt be such a big deal. Fingers crossed for TX for the support.

Official weigh in 217.9/-3.1 week.

I'm out of here, friends! I warming up some seats next door and I expect some company VERY shortly!!
Closed Thread