Old 04-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default In between Challenges-Mixed CHAT Thread-Week 3 (04/22-04/28)

Week 3 and we're heading towards the end of April already.
Where does the time go?

Sign up for the Spring into Action challenge is now open. Be sure to spread the word.

Had a good OP weekend. I went for my longest run ever on Saturday (12.5K) in preparation for a 15K run coming up the first weekend in May. It was okay- though I now know I don't enjoy running while it's snowing

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/226/140

Height: 5'4

I am excited for the Spring Challenge as I really need to get going again!
I am scared to weigh myself though

Mel - 12.5 K is awesome! WTG! Hope Spring arrives there soon.

Riddy - Thanks for the support and for the info on the FitBit I went ahead and got one and although I am liking it, I still have a lot to learn on how to actually use it, lol. I think the night shifts are messing it up for me as it resets itself at midnight, so my "days" seem off.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #3  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

It's the last week of the semester. Just a few more days and then finals and then a break from school.

I started doing some strength training, and my abs are mad at me. I'll mostly be taking it easy for the rest of the week. I'm running the Country Music half marathon this weekend. I'm hoping to PR.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/205/115

Height: 5'3"

Go runners, you guys are awesome!

My excercise has been on plan the past week but eating has been a bit more than usual so I'll have to cut back to my usual this week. Have 3 dinners out this week (mom's birthday) but I think I can work it out to stay on plan. One of the dinners was last night and yay! I stayed on plan.

Narnia99: I'm scared to weigh myself too, have been a little bit off plan the past week but getting back on track as of yesterday.

Last edited by kayin; 04-23-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Erg, still trying to drop the 3 pounds I gained on vacation.

I saw the trainer today, and he kicked my a$$. I've already taken a preemptive Epsom salt bath.

Narnia, glad you're liking your fitbit! If you want to be friends on it, pm me, and I'll give you my email so you can look me up.

Nikel, you are amazing. I'm still working on anything longer than 5k. Good luck on your half!

I went to the running store for new sneakers today, and YAHOO, I don't need wide width anymore!!!!!!

Last edited by Riddy; 04-23-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #6  
Nicole

I am SO tired. I need this semester to be done now. I have a final in about 30 mins, a test tomorrow, and about a zillion more assignments due by the end of tomorrow and Fri. Then a race this weekend, and the rest of my finals next week. I'm so excited for the few weeks of no classes in May.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Nicole- I 'feel' your tiredness. Make sure you're hydrating. Another half? You're an animal!! GO GO GO!

Riddy- yay for the new shoes. Must feel like you're walking/running on clouds.

I feel like I've been hit by a truck-after my long run on sat. I was coughing- thought it was from running but I've got a nice chest cold now- blech. Hate being sick. Only good thing is scale is moving in the right direction.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #8  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Still OP, working in the yard helps fill in for exercise, got some new DVDs for as soon as I am rested, whew! But the yard and I will look so much better for summer, lol Looking forward to this challenge for sure to boost me into regular exercise, time seems to be flying by, yay!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Hi everyone

I came by to see if new sign-up was announced. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm hanging in there. Down to 263.5 .....had sore throat last week so did not work out but am better now so went to gym wednesday night, and am doing water aerobics with a friend in the morning.

Have been online looking for the ultimate low carb brownie recipe.....guess I should get some sleep.....

later taters!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #10  

Well it's been a beautiful couple days finally here and have been able to go outside and enjoy the evenings with a couple 5mile walks. It's been so nice to see the sun. Give me hope spring might actually come:-)

I have finally been able to lose a few pounds and now to get off that holiday weight of 8 more and I will be at goal. I don't think I'll join you in the challenge as I need to maintain more than lose....well see how close I am by May...lol but I will still come cheer you on if I'm not doing it and I will still be co leader.

Well I hope everyone has a great day, I better get dressed and go to work now.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #11  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

I'm so excited for this challenge to begin! I too am ready for the semester to be over already
Old 04-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 231/219/170

Height: 5'6"

Just stopping by to say hi...what a week it's been at work! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday!

Have been exercising quite well this week (with today being the only exception), but eating...that's another story...oh well, a couple days of bad food won't kill me...back on plan soon!

Hope you all are having a great week!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 265/205/115

Having a great week. Back on plan (5th day) after a week of eating over my maximum. Excercise is doing great, went for an 18k walk today, so tired! It's going to rain the next two days though so I figured I'd better get a good workout in.

Can't wait for Spring into Action! Glad lots of people are signing up. We can all stay the course, oh yeah!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:11 AM   #14  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, glad to be back in a challenge, took the last couple off to get my mind into order after just over a month of serious trying, my food is now OP everyday

Really need to begin concentrating on excercise and get into some good habbits before winter kicks in...i think this is going to be hard after being a couch potato for so long. I hope your entries of running marathons, huge walks and getting your a$$ kicked inspires me off for my first walk in a very long time. Thanks ladies
Old 04-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #15  
Nicole

I'll have to catch up on posts later. I just got back from a weekend runcation in Nashvile. I did the Country Music Half Marathon. The weather was miserable. It was coldish and it rained the entire time, and it wasn't just a light rain. There were miles of stinging rain to the face. There were places water was rushing across the street, and we had to go through ankle deep water. I think if I'd jumped in a lake I would have been less wet. LOL I still managed to PR by 12 mins. It was also the first half where I felt like I had a few more miles in me, which makes me feel batter about my looming marathon training. I couldn't have run another 13, but I know I had another 3-4 miles in me. It's also the first race where I know I had a faster pace in me. I went to the dark place mentally with the incessant rain, and I lost some time there. I know I can shave another 30 mins off my half time without too much work. I'm feeling pretty awesome and hardcore today. That feeling is my favorite thing about running.

I'll have to share a pic or two when I get on a real computer. At 6:30 AM I was sitting under the awning of a liquor store in the pouring rain wearing a trash bag. It was definitely a memorable weekend.