South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 06:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wonderful Wednesday SBD Daily Chat, 4/24

Good morning! We made it to the middle of the week! The rest is downhill from here.

I was just out to have a look at my garden, and I'll have enough red-leaf lettuce to pick for a salad this weekend. It won't be much longer before I'll have baby spinach and Swiss chard ready, too, and my rhubarb won't be too far behind. I do so love picking veggies fresh from my own garden where I know how they were grown.

It's supposed to be much warmer today and the wind has died down, so I plan to work out in Cindy's flower beds tying back the spent daffodils and doing a general tidying up. I'll be able to get home early this afternoon, too, after I drop the girls off at Pony Club where Cindy will be waiting for us.

So, who's ready to join me for a cuppa and a chat before starting the day?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"Spent daffodils"???? Mine are just showing yellow in the buds although the ones at the Church are starting well. I may sneak up there and pick a bunch. after all, I planted them many years ago.

Yesterday was a lovely pensive day. I chose to say "No" to something that I've been pondering. No, not a marriage proposal! There is a vacancy on Council and the Mayor wanted to appoint me to fill out the term. I really detest political manoeuvering and decided I don't want the stress. So that's that!

So ... back to real life. Gym will happen shortly and then I have soup stock to finish and some emails to deal with before I do pet therapy after lunch. I have a meeting tonight re the Village planters and am pleased to know I have $3K to spend this year - not all on flowers but including earth, fertilizer and two more half-barrel planters. It's too darned cold to even think of putting flowers into the planters but it's nice to know we have the $$$ to do the job next month.

Weight has been creeping up the past two weeks so I need to get back on track. I was trying to do lower carb but it seems to have backfired on me. The problem is that a single off plan item triggers cravings for more ... and it WAS a syrup Festival weekend.

On we go with Wonderful Wednesday. "Make it so!"
Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! The sun is shining directly at my face, but I am too lazy to get up and close the blind . Kinda nice, in a way.

Cottage, I am so jealous that you have greens already! I asked DH to plow up the garden, so I haven't done anything yet.

Ruth, good for you for saying NO!! Sounds like a horrible job to have. I would joke that maybe we should diet together?! LOL. Imagine that...on a diet website.

I passed on my walk this AM in the hopes I'll get out of work on time to go on a hike this afternoon. It is too pretty out not to enjoy it! I took Miss Emma M on a hike last week, it was pretty funny....she was clueless. She got "stuck" going over a tree stump (and I carried her back and forth across the creek). We'll see how it goes today .

Time to get the kids up...
Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning, I guess I chose only to read not post yesterday. Before I forget CyndiM it was the apple tart with the pecan crust not the orange, but that looks really good too!!

Ruth I have a 150x100' yard and yes that includes my house. I love having the landscaper. They were here last week cleaning up sticks, raking dead grass etc. Yesterday they cut the grass and such. They take about 30 minutes, it takes me 2 1/2 hrs. So I completely get why you have your gardener.

We had our bike ride meeting last night. All systems go! There are 3 locations we can meet at the morning of the ride. I think I will go have John drop me off at JFK as it is close to work for him. From there we will be bused to Ground Zero for a brief memorial service (the site is closed to the public while we are there) then through the Holland Tunnel at 9:00 and on our way to DC.

Today I am meeting John at Harriman State Park to get a long ride in (lots of hills there) Later to DMV whoo hoo for my license change. Hope to get a little weeding, laundry and cleaning done too.

Welcome Alleyjude glad your interview went well
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Just got off the treadmill. Nothing but niggles today.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

Got my cake baked this morning and rushed out the door to work. The health inspector showed up in the middle of our birthday party...lol...stayed for two hours (he was training two new girls). I'm mentally tired...will nap then head down to Kirk's DD's for dinner. Wish I could stay home but not that lucky.

See ya'll tomorrow!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

A very late check in for me. I had a super busy day and I'm feeling overwhelmed. AND, I had too much rice for for lunch and I'm stuffed and feel gross! A better day tomorrow...it will be a fast day (I need a clean out).
Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good evening,

Had a horrible morning, didn't realize bus doesn't run every 10 minutes when it gets later and couldn't wait 20 minutes for the next bus so drove to class only to have the car die on me. Alternator went out so had to call tow truck driver and call one of my guys to come pick me up to drop me off at class. Life what can you do

The rest of the day went better, enjoy your evening.
Closed Thread