Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 01:26 PM   #1  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Stay At Home Mom's #93

Welcome! Join us for Fun Laughter and Weight Loss!
Old 10-15-2003, 01:28 PM   #2  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Howdy everyone!

Yep, got to the gym today for the first time in 7 days. I am glad I waited because I am still coughing but it wasnt so bad. But I had to drop the # of reps on the weights a bit today. I will be sore tmo I am sure!!

Misty.. How are you doing? I havent seen you out there in a while! Everything fine?

I need to run again.. but I did promise to post later so I thought I would now!

Hugs to all!
Old 10-15-2003, 01:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Karen you snuck in on me! lol. Thanks for starting the new thread. And Misty is fine, I just posted on the last thread that she emailed me and she is fine. I'm glad you got a good workout in at the gym!
Well I have to get off here. TTYL!
Old 10-15-2003, 04:59 PM   #4  
hangin' in there...

Hi gang........

Spryng and Ginny, thanks for your concern... I appreciate it. I am still having a rough time. And very low low appetite. I am really struggling right now.

Karen, good for you for getting a workout in..... glad to hear you are feeling better.

And, glad to hear Misty is doing ok, too. My best friend just had her 4th baby boy yesterday........ I just loved listening to him gurgle into the phone while I spoke with her last night.

Well, gotta get diner started. Ginny, I am making tacos with ground chicken.... not sure what the point value will be yet..... I'll let you know.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:47 AM   #5  
hangin' in there...

Where is everyone? I can't believe my sleepless bones have beat you all back here, so that I am talking to my own crazy self! Hope everyone is well.... I have a date with the couch and will be back later...........
Old 10-16-2003, 08:55 AM   #6  

Good morning all!
Well I guess my days of sleeping until 8-9 am is over. Tanner has been waking up at 7 am on the dot lately. I guess that means I just need to get to bed earlier. So anyway, I'm a little tired this am.
Jen I hope you got a restful nights sleep. Couch duty huh? I feel for you. I hope things are getting better for you.
I don't really have anything planned for today. I may have to go get diapers... but other than that I am homebound. I really need to mop my kitchen floor. I'm going to try and do that at nap time.
Well I had that meatloaf last night. The first time I made it I used lean ground beed, but last night I made it with ground turkey breast. I think I liked it better with the ground beef. But it wasn't too bad. I'll have the leftovers as a sandwich today. What does everyone have planned for tonight? I'm thinking I want spaghetti or something easy like that. Ginny did you find you a recipe you liked with ground chicken in it? I hope your meeting goes well today, tell us all about it!
Ok, I'm off here for now. TTYL!
Old 10-16-2003, 09:43 AM   #7  
I Can and I Will

Good Morning Ladies!! We just had hotdogs, burgers and mac n cheese. I just had a burger... no bun. LOL Tonite pork loin marinated with garlic and onion. I got it at Sams club and they r just wonderful!! I will just eat the meat and veggies. A trick to making the meatloaf better when i use groung turkey you could add chopped mushrooms. I happen to like gr turkey but i use it all the time. and i always use garlic salt with it. Not just plain salt. Maybe its just something to get used to ... my dad always knows when my mom cooks with it... but he can never tell when i do... lol i even make his favorites and he cant tell...LOL I am babbling arent I? Well... i am going to do my morning workout... take care of u today... i will check back in later.

Sandy
Old 10-16-2003, 01:30 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just a quick hello......I got to my meeting- a good 20 miles away from my usual one and found Laura there! (my very crazy leader). She does both- I was so happy, as I really enjoy her and her wisdom. She struggles just like the rest of us. Anyway - I gained .8!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr . Can't figure it all out- but I will elaborate later. But I did find out that a lot of the members do not like the flex points journal- I was unable to buy the "old" one so I bought a notebook at Walmart and will use that. Sounds like many are not faring so well with flex points, so that does it for me, I am going back to the old method. Maybe it is just psychological, I don't know. Spryng- I did get another slider for you.
Got my walk in.......and will do something later to budge that crummy .8# off. Sorry- no time to get personal. See ya later!
Ginny
Old 10-16-2003, 03:00 PM   #9  

Thanks so much Ginny! It'll be nice to have one for my purse. I'm glad you got to a meeting with your WW leader! How neat! Yes I've heard the same about flexpoints. I go to the WW site daily and read their threads and alot have switched back to winning points. I say do whatever works for you! Right now flex points works for me so I'm sticking with it. of course I'm trying not to use too many flex since I think that is what made me stall a little. What are you having for dinner? I think I'm having leftovers tonight. I don't really feel like cooking and have planned out 3 new recipes for next week so this weekend I'm taking a night off. Saturday my in-laws are having a big family dinner again so I'll be using some flexpoints there.
Sandy that pork loin sounds great! Does it come already marinated? Do you grill it or bake it? We've only had it once and I loved it. I would like to eat more of it. But we made ours on the grill outside and I don't know how to work that thing, lol. So I need to learn how to make it in the oven or on the stove.
Well, I guess I'm going to get my kitchen mopped and bathroom detailed. I'll be back later!!
Old 10-16-2003, 04:46 PM   #10  
hangin' in there...

Hi gang..............

Spryng, what are your new recipes? I am always eager for something new, so please share anything that turns out well. Hope you have a great weekend with dh and a good dinner at MIL's.

Ginny, glad you made it to a meeting and that Laura was there. So sorry about your gain, though. But put it in perspective. You mentioned you had some off eating while you were away,plus TOM'ing, so I would chalk it up to that. You will have it back off, and then some, in no time.

Sandy, hope you had a good workout this morn.

Well gang, here is what's up with me, in a nutshell..... almost 2 weeks ago, when I went for my physical, the doc thought she felt "something" in my right breast. I had a mammogram yesterday, which confirmed that there is something there. I will have an ultrasound Tuesday morning. DH is taking Tuesday off to come with me, and we will hope that it is just a cyst.

So, as you can understand, I have been a bit out of sorts, both emotionally and physically. I am trying to stay OP, but hoenstly, I have no appetite, which is unusual for me since I am normally a stress-eater. But, I am also taking a new medication that I think is zapping my appetite.

In the meantime, dh and I leave for our weekend away without the kids tomorrow. I am just going to try to relax and enjoy myself and not worry too much.

I must run.... I've just had a terrible phone call from a friend telling me that it seems another friend of ours may be losing her mother this evening to cancer........ to make it worse, her father collapsed and died this morning. I must get to the hospital..........
Old 10-16-2003, 06:36 PM   #11  
I Can and I Will

Oh Jen... i will keep you and your friends in my prayers... I hope that all works out well for you. Spryng... i jsut wrap it up in tinfoil and pop it in the oven... its really easy.. no clean up but to throw away the tinfoil and its sooooo tender. And yes i had a good workout this morning...lol
Have a good evening all... take care of U

Sandy
Old 10-16-2003, 08:13 PM   #12  
burned out bus driver

Hi-

Jen- my heart goes out to you. I am in no position to make any judgement on this and you are in the medical profession and know much more than me- but I have heard/read that most breast masses (somewhere around 80%) are benign. I have been there too- had 2 years of abnormal mammo's- and had to go for a sono also. It is an awful feeling......my prayers are with you. PM me if you need to "chat" or unload. I have had several friends who have had masses removed (with thankfully negative biopsies). Get away this weekend (hopefully the tragedy in your friend's life will not prevent you) and try to relax. You deserve a break. BTW, Jen. Great minds think alike......I made chicken tacos (or at least cooked and seasoned the meat to do so) this am. That is tomorrows dinner.

Spryng- I made pork chops and ziti for dinner, I had the WW turkey medallions and mashed potato dinner (5 pts) and a V8. I just knew I was feeling weak and was better off with a preportioned dinner. BTW, after my complaint at WW I heard that many others are bugged by Flex points too and the new journal. I will have to go to the WW web site and check out the boards there to see how others are feeling. Give me a day or so to get the new slider to you, ok?

Sandy- the loin of pork sounds wonderful. Too bad I was in such a rush that I did not get to the meat counter when I was in Sam's this am!!! (the lines were hideous anyway). What brand is the pork????( I think most Sam's carry the same thing).

Still ticked off about the .8#. I snuck in another 12 minute walk...which should earn me another AP. Plus this weeks handout at the meeting was on abs (want a copy, Spryng??It would be in black and white) that if you do the excecises gives you another AP. Guess I can do that while Dh watches the baseball game.......But tomorrow is another day-and I am going back to winning points and the old method of journalling. Can't lose- I lost 30 # with it!! You sick of me babbling????? Time to check out the WW site. Have a great nite!
Ginny
Old 10-16-2003, 10:19 PM   #13  
I Can and I Will

Ginny... Its Bryan ... the brand of pork loin. Onion Garlic Pork Loin. I have also tried the chipolte marinaded one... but i like the onion and garlic best. It uses Chef Paul Prudhommes magic seasoning blends... thats y its so good...LOL I am reading the label as i type it for u...LOL Try it tho... easy and yummy! Have a good night all!

Sandy
Old 10-17-2003, 12:36 AM   #14  

Good evening all.
Jen my thoughts are with you tonight. I couldn't imagine what you are feeling and going through right now. How awful. I'm sending you a great big ((((((HUG))))) I hope things get better and that ultrasound goes well. I'm always afraid of lumps too. My biological mother had breast cancer when she was in her 20's so I worry about it alot. I hope yours turns out to be nothing...
Ginny, I would love a copy of that ab workout. Mine need all the help they can get! lol!
Well I wish I could get more personal. But it's already 11:30 pm and I have to get some sleep. My DR. appointment is tomorrow and I have to get up very early to get the kids to my MIL's house so my SIL (she still lives at home) can watch them for me. Then run back into town to the hospital... etc. It's going to be a busy day. Plus DH will be home tomorrow but he thinks it won't be until tomorrow evening because he has one more load to deliver in nebraska before he can head back... so it could be late tomorrow night. o-well... at least I'll have him home until monday
Ok, everyone have a great night and I'll try to get on here sometime tomorrow. So TTYL!
Old 10-17-2003, 09:35 AM   #15  
hangin' in there...

Thank you so much, everyone, for all of your kind words. I have a super busy day today, to get ready for our weekend, so no time to get personal. But I wanted to update you all. My friend's mother passed just 5 minutes after I arrived at the hospital last night. I am glad I was able to be there, but I did not get to spend much time with my friend because I scooted right out to let the family have their time. This family was such a great source of comfort to me and my family during my father's long illness and death. I am so sad for them to have lost both parents on the same day. And, I loved them, too. My heart just aches.

I am feeling, emotionally, better today, despite all of this. I think the medication is kicking in. My one major problem remains to be the lack of appetite. I have not managed to hit my points allotment once this week. I am trying! I even got a coffee with real sugar and a bagel with cream cheese at Dunkin' Donuts last night and still didn't get there. I am eating... just not as many points as I have available. Honestly, I don't think I'm going to shrivel up!

And now, for some good news....... I weighed today, even though it is not mynormal WI day, but it is the end of my first goal. I have lost 3 more pounds, to bring me to 165. # pounds shy of my goal, but that's ok. I am happy.

K, gotta run the dogs to the kennel, then get the oil changed in the car and get back and pick up the house and finish packing....... have a great weekend!!!
Closed Thread