Old 04-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #1  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Default Favorite Atkins type meal

I am just curious to see what you all are eating and what is your favorite meal while eating this way.

I just concocted a meal from cooked chicken (1/2 cup) Franks wing sauce ( oh yummy and -o- carbs), mayo and about 2 oz of cream cheese (4 carbs) and sprinkled with cheddar cheese (1 oz - 2 carbs) and baked it in the oven... OH YUM it just gives me the creaminess, the zing and chicken all together......

What meal has made you go OH thats SOOOOO GOOD! (Sorry Mr. Food in Heaven)
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

My favorite Atkins meal is eggplant parm. I "bread" the eggplant with grated parmesan cheese seasoned with garlic powder, oregano, parsley, italian seasoning and black pepper....dip it in beaten egg first....then fry it in olive oil until golden & crispy. I layer this in a baking dish with tomato sauce & mozzarella cheese. I usually have a salad with oil & vinegar dressing with this.
I also love spaghetti squash with alfredo sauce with slices of italian sausage.
The cheeseburger quiche & the just like twice baked potatoes from Linda's Low Carb recipes are also favorites of mine.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #3  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

ooohh yum! Jersey Girl.. that all sounds really good
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/205/115

Height: 5'3"

Wannaskipandlaugh: OMG my favourite meal includes cooked chicken with Franks wing sauce too! I eat it with a side of home made guacamole.

JerseyGyrl: I love eggplant and those recipes sound great!
kayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #5  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I don't eat low-carb, but when Atkins was really popular in the UK spaghetti squash was readily available. I miss it. I've been really craving it lately.

The other night I made a pasta sauce from onions, wilted swiss chard and garlic and a handful of small plum tomatos some sausage and, of course, oregano. It was soooo good. The whole time I was eating it with whole wheat pasta I kept thinking it would have been amazing with spaghetti squash.

I might have to make a special trip to Borough market and pay through the nose for some if they have it. Hmmm... I wonder if I could trick my son into eating it. THAT would be worth the money.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote