South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Choose Day Chat - April 23

Good morning and Happy Choose Day! I have chosen to make it a "me" day and am about to turn of the computer and mute the phones. It's a bonus day for me with nothing on the calendar!

When I came home from the volunteer luncheon yesterday, my gardener had been here and cleared all the front beds and spiffed them up. She will be back next week with several bales of mulch. Wendy can do in three hours what takes me at least a week and is worth every penny.

So - more coffee - and then a bit of sewing until it warms up enough to go outside and check out the garden behind the barn. I need to saw up a big pine branch that is too heavy for me to move but may ask my neighbour to do that. Then some digging in the garden to get things ready for planting. Did I ever mention I love my garden almost as much as I love my dogs?

Raising my mug in a toast to Choose Day!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Ruth, you must really love gardening! I won't tell the doggage that the garden comes close .

Just returned from our walk and trying to warm up. I have lots to do shortly - make 3 lunches, smoothies, kids out the door, and prepare the mexican crock pot cass. I have no idea what my work schedule looks like, but hopefully busy enough to keep the day going....and slow enough at lunch that I have time to come home for a cup of Paul!

LOL...I choose to go to work...but only because I have to!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You had me there for a moment, Ruth, with "Choose Day." I wish I could choose to go back to bed, or at least curl up on the sofa under a warm quilt and read and doze all day. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your day of solitude doing just what YOU want to do.

Since I don't have a choice, I'm off to the farm for my 'long' day. I was delighted to see a porta-potty arrive yesterday for the construction crew so they won't be tracking bits of mud and cement into the house. Cindy has been on a "clearing out" mood and I have a carload of stuff to take to Goodwill for her, and then there's violin lessons this evening. That about wraps up my day.

Have a good one, Chicklets!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! Speaking of Pauls, McCartney is coming to Ottawa July 7. Too bad I have a wedding that weekend. It's too darned cold outside to garden right now. 37ºF is a tad chilly. The dogs are lying in front of the woodstove (actually propane) so I am going to join them and sew labels onto quilts while I sip my second coffee.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Would love to choose but it's a work day here too. I don't mind the driving at all when it's this nice. I create crazy routes that bring me into the mountains. Yesterday was just gorgeous. Hoping for another nice one today. Tonight the landlord is back with the new tenant. She wants to buy my garden boxes. It's much easier than moving them but i have no idea what to ask. They are filled with really good soil so she will be off to a good start. After that I'll be baking for someone's birthday Thursday. We have a meeting at the local soon-to-be co-op Thursday so we will eat cake tomorrow. I'm thinking about Elana's Double Chocolate Orange Torte. IS that the one you made Jennifer?

Ruth - Enjoy your day! There's nothing better than a day in the garden. Well, except being in the middle of a warbler fall-out

Cottage - I could use some cleaning out help around here if you are bored Hope the day flies by with no added stress

Twynn - I do want to work close enough to come home for lunch. It's on my list of wants for the next job. Thinking about that casserole again, maybe next week'

Okay, time to get moving. I'm choosing to enjoy this day work or not. Thanks Ruth!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. Cold and rainy here with a chance of flurries. Come on, Spring!!! My big activity today is getting my hair cut and colored.

DH is on another food kick, having just read Joel Furham's latest book. So last night he made (vegan) black bean brownies. DH will usually eat anything but not these!! Which made me laugh since I thought they were pretty darn tasty. (Except for the big date pits he left in there accidentally.) I threw them out after I kept nibbling so I wouldn't eat more, but only after he said I could, which is the first time I ever know of him to toss rather than eat something. He REALLY didn't like those brownies!

Have a great day.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have to chose work as well today, but it will not be as bad as yesterday which didn't end til late due to so many meetings, I have meetings today but they should all be done by 2:00 p.m. so that will give me some time this afternoon.

Ruth enjoy your day and I hope it warms up more so you can get to gardening

Cottage I need to get DD1 and DS in the get rid of things mode their rooms are overrun.

Tywnn enjoy your day today and hope you get to come home at lunch for that cup of joe

Cyndi try froogle to look at what the going rate is, that should give you some idea of what to ask for

Karen the one time I made the bean brownies no one in my house would touch other than me lol

Tonight is Awana we only have a few more weeks left til the end of the year and all the kids are working super hard trying to finish their books

Tomorrow I am in class all day so not sure I will get to check in here.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!

I'm choosing work today, too! We're getting snow again and the boss just texted me to come in 1/2 hour later. That works. I'm baking tonight for the bosses BD tomorrow....I'll do my pineapple/blueberry upside down.. Not SBD, but I use an OetkerOrganicVanilla cake mix which is a step up from the usual store bought.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

I wish I could choose to stay home and do some things on my renovation punch list instead of being at work, but unfortunately I'm super busy so I've got to be here. Lately I just feel I cannot get a thing done! Plus it's freezing here...when will this winter end!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

I had to choose work as well, but today is the earliest I get home this week. I may even get to enjoy the afternoon sun a little bit since it is close to 70! Hopefully Ruth got a little of the warmth as well.

I am cautiously looking forward to garden season; it all depends on what the doctor sees on my MRI tomorrow. The question is will my knee be able to bend without surgery? My flower beds need the attention.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good evening,

I chose to take a long walk with DH along Lake Ontario this morning. After lunch, we defrosted our deep freeze. Yesterday I went to a dye session at my guild so today I rinsed out the yarn and set the colour. Supper was completely on plan. Oh, retirement is nice most of the time(its important to take good care of your health to enjoy it). Start now whatever age your are .
take care
Sophie

Last edited by sophie; 04-23-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 238/226/175

Height: 5'11"

Popping in for my first daily thread!
I chose to go for an epic walk with some new CDs I bought on iTunes (the new David Bowie and Fall Out Boy albums). The better the music is the less I want to end my walk, which helps.

I also had an interview today that went really well, the manager said she loved me! Fingers crossed, job hunting has been tough since I moved away from Orlando.
Closed Thread