Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 11:13 PM   #1  
Walking by faith

Thumbs down 300 + and ready to try again #426

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

We want to invite everyone to join us on our journey.

We share laughter and tears.

We share what work for us and what doesn't.

We recently started a Topic of the Day:

Motivation Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Weigh-ins
Thankful Thursday
Friday Facials, Fingernails, and Fun
Sit up Saturday: any physical activity
Soup and Salad Sunday: receipes

We Chat on Wednesdays and Sundays: 8:30 ET/7:30 CT

These are not required topics...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share hearaches and fears..joys and celebrations.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:18 PM   #2  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Ladies

Sorry for the plain post I still haven't figured out how to do extra large colored fonts.

Sandy: I'm still praying for the families and crew of the boat.

Andria and Joe-ann: I'm sorry to hear you're both going through a rough time emotionally. Keep posting here-we're here for each other

I didn't make my TOPS weigh in Tuesday night-long story.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 10-16-2003, 02:42 AM   #3  

Hi girls!!

It's been a super busy week and I haven't had time to read or post. I've got to rush off again today, but just wanted to pop in real quick and say HI!!

I'll talk at ya later,
Jen

256/189/140
Old 10-16-2003, 09:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Angry THANKFUL THURSDAY

I am very Thankful for all of these:
My Husband, and my children
My furbabies who loves us unconditionally
My teachers at school who are understanding
My sisters and brother
I am thankful for being able to have one more day to do what GOD wants me to do.
And I am most thankful for you my Friends who are always here when I need you

Last edited by joe anne; 10-16-2003 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:44 AM   #5  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Mornin'

Off to spend the day visiting wineries in the Finger Lakes. We postponed the trip yesterday cause of the high winds and rain. Today is breezy, brisk and sunny. Perfect for a day trip. I'm the DD so it'll be H2O and grape juice for me. I'm taking the camera but I'll probably forget to use it.

I put my journal right with my wallet as a reminder to be good.

See ya later,
Old 10-16-2003, 11:21 AM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! I'm back in town. Got in late last night. The rain beat us to death on Tuesday. Most of the vendors at the Market were not there. We walked around a couple of the little gift shop type places and went out to dinner, but that was about it.

Wednesday we woke up and it was beautiful. The sun was shining, but it was very windy and cold. We went back to the Market and there were quite a few vendors open. But there certainly wasn't anything like there is in the summer months, about 1/3, maybe. Still we walked, and walked, and walked. I'm kinda glad it was cool or I would have been miserable.

Our friend has an electric cart because he can't walk very well and so we loaded it down with a bunch of our purchases so we didn't have to carry so much. Our van was pretty well loaded on the way home. All in all, we had a great time. Not too much DRAMA!

I haven't had a chance to read, and we're leaving here in a minute to go to Greenfield Village. It's a really cool village of historical homes and they always have cool demonstrations going on and stuff. It's pretty big and will be alot of walking again. This time honey and I are going alone. It will be nice stolling around arm in arm.

Hope you all have a great day. I'll talk with you later.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:31 AM   #7  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning everyone. Just have time for a short post. I still have not caught up reading yet.
I had a dream about our Spring Fling thing last night.
It was so cool. But I expected just our small little intimate group to be there... and 100's of people showed up. They were EVERYWHERE !!!
And Andria ... your name was everywhere too. LOL .. And each and everyone of them pronounced it different.
An-dree-a
An-dree-ia
And-ria
And-re-i-a

I could go on for hours. LOL
There were sooooooo many ladies. We looked like a million ants.

Okay... I made a vow to myself to get my utility room clean today.
It has become a catch-all and I am tired of it. I want it clean.
Once I have accomplished that mission I will return. A double reward.. 1. having a clean utility room. and 2. getting to come post again.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:12 PM   #8  

Hi girls,

Sorry to miss chat last night Mary, I did think of you, but we had no electricty. We had a bad storm blow through here that took down wires and lines everywhere. We lost our power about 10 am on Wed. and finally at 4:30 today got it back. Makes you appreciate the electricity.....

Glad to see everyone seems to be doing well. Glad you had a good time Thin, even with the rain, glad no big Drama....

Off to catch up on all my mail.

Again, thanks for all the prayers.

Love ya,
Sandy
Old 10-16-2003, 08:51 PM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

I wanted to check in before we left for Little Rock in the morning. We will be back on Sunday. Sorry I have been missing a lot lately but food has been bad and I don't have the strength to get back Op. I love all of you and hope I can get this gorilla off my back soon.
I'll talk to you all later
Old 10-16-2003, 09:20 PM   #10  
Waiting for ONEDERLAND!

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'10"

I just happened to stumble onto this thread.. (well really #425).. Sandy, I read about your husband's cousin, and please know my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know first hand the agony of not knowing if your loved one is ok. A dear friend of mine was murdered December 1, 2002 (his memorial page is below).. and even though I had to wait most of the day (i found out around 2pm there had been a shooting at his place of work..... it wasnt confirmed until 7-8pm that evening that it was him..) And it is very.. very hard.. as I'm sure you know.... but I am (as we all are) hoping for the best for your husband's cousin. My prayers are with you. And if you need to talk feel free to PM me on here.. and I too am praying for the best. Please do keep us posted. *HUGS*
Old 10-17-2003, 12:06 AM   #11  

Good Late Evening Chicks,

Didn't get to post at all this am, and today was hectic, but got off work at 8 tonight and did get to go out to dinner with a friend (I was a good girl though, soup and salad) Got news on the weight loss front I am down another 5.3 lbs, so that brings my total to 45.7! , not so much because I am fixating on the #'s (though it is nice to see them going in the other direction for a change ), but because of my feeling of accomplishment, and the discipline that is spilling over into all the other areas of my life, I am most grateful. I know without a doubt that I couldn't have acheived all that I have without the love and support of each of you. I am so blessed to have found this forum and ALL of you. You are all angels.

Bless you xDas. Thanks for stopping in, come visit us anytime.

Mary, have a safe trip.

Sandy, we love you too.

2 cute, great to see you chickie!! You still working on a date for our get together, I am going to start saving up!

Thin, sounds like you were planning a nice day out, hope you had a good time

Howdy J-ann, hope you have fun too.

Joe-Ann, your posts are always so thoughtful, and gracious, as I know you are. Take care of yourself.

All the rest of you girly girls, check you tomorrow!
Old 10-17-2003, 12:49 AM   #12  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

This was town council meeting night, so it has been a really long day for me. I came in here for a quick pick me up before heading off to bed, and I was definitely rewarded.

2cute, you just make me laugh! I'm not sure why, but everyone has a hard time pronouncing my name. The worst is the group of people who insist on saying it like Ondraya. Oh, maybe those aren't the worst. There are those who insist on calling me Adrian. Hrm. Say it like the city Alexandria and you'll have it right.

Pam!!!!! You are melting away before our eyes! Your post left me longing for the day when I can post a weight loss of that magnitude. It also reminded me it is possible! I am so excited for you!

Mary, *HUGS* to you. What can we do to help? We know you are strong and capable, so maybe we just need to keep saying it until you believe it again yourself. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Sandy, glad you got power back. Makes you wonder how they used to survive, doesn't it?

Thin, the market sounds fun, but Greenfield Village and being alone with your honey sounds even better. Glad you didn't have a drama replay!

J-ann, the trip sounds dreamy, even if you are the designated one. Hey, without the alcohol, maybe you'll remember to use that camera?

Joanne, you always leave the best Thankful Thursday lists. Hope things are much better for you today.

Jen, good to see you as well, you incredible shrinking woman!

Homebound/Joanne, thank you for starting the thread. I didn't even notice it wasn't all fancied up, was just grateful someone else did it so I don't have to remember how myself!

Ok, I think I caught everyone posted on this thread so far...? I'm beginning to wobble in and out a little, so it is hard to tell. Oh, one good thing happened tonight that I want to share. The agenda for tonight's meeting had an item about choosing a committee to do the hiring for the job as town clerk assistant. I was pretty stressed over having a committee deciding on my fate, but evidently so were a few other townspeople. They pushed it back onto the town council, and they will begin reviewing our applications and interviewing soon. Please wish me luck! I've been looking around a little bit for other work, but nothing is jumping out at me. This is one of the problems of living in a small area. Work flipping burgers isn't even easy to come by, but a real job is a rarity.

I'm heading to bed now. Hope everyone has sweet dreams.

Andria
Old 10-17-2003, 07:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Not much to report this week. I've been journalling faithfully on both the new WW Log with flex points and Balance Log on my palm pilot. It may seem like overkill but I'm seeing which I like better and I want to break through this plateau. I am kinda liking the new flex points system. Food has been good and I've been doing more exercise in the mornings. I have been doing 20 minutes on the stationary bike in the mornings as well as what I was normally doing. I'm going to make that my routine for the fall/winter/early spring. And I'll work in what I can in the evenings and as always, walk the dog for 1-1/2 miles at night. Surely that will be enough! It seems like lately, that I have very few evenings where we either don't have something going on or its 6-6:30 before I get home from work. Its been so hard to keep caught up around the house because of that.

DH had a trip last night and I didn't get home until almost 6 pm. But I did manage to vacuum the main floor and do some carpet shampooing. It was raining hard so the dog and I had to stay inside. I caught up on Dr. Phil and Oprah's and relaxed.

Today is our 5th wedding anniversary. Five whole years - seems like yesterday and seems like 20 years ago sometimes. We're actually going out on a Friday night! We're going to try a Greek restaurant I've been wanting to try for a long time.

Pam - I can only say I am so thrilled for you because it is such a wonderful feeling knowing the improvements you've made for your body. I remember that you started out slow on the WATP and look at you now doing the 2 milers.

Thin - Good to see you back and gone again! Hope you enjoyed your time with DH.

Mary - Have fun in Little Rock! Hang in there and don't give up. You can do this. We just have to learn how to handle life's difficult situations without letting go of the good habits we try to develop for our health. Its hard but you're worth it!

Andria, 2Cute, Sandy, all variations of Joanne!, Tina, Amanda, KAT my inspiration, and all you wonderful friends - have a great Friday! I need to go to work so I can be off early.

Toodles!
Old 10-17-2003, 11:52 AM   #14  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I'm running later than I planned for work, but this thread was dangerously near the bottom. Is everyone that busy, or are there that many of us struggling? Sound off chicks! Where are you?

Andria
Old 10-17-2003, 04:09 PM   #15  

Hello Girls,

Not much time, we are all in a "fizz" with the wedding being tomorrow, Jane's neice is getting married tomorrow afternoon, and needless to say there is a lot of activity!! Check in maybe on Sunday....you girls take care.

WE ARE ALL SO VERY FABULOUS!!!! WE CAN DO THIS THING!
Closed Thread