Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/18/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #2  

Let's start out today on a POSITIVE NOTE (after reading many complaints on the daily last nite)

If you are weighing daily: changes aren't linear. The scale won't give you positive reinforcement every day. Some of us have learned to watch trends in a more "scientific mode".

If the scale is causing anxiety, STAY OFF THE SCALE between weigh ins! Put it away! The plan works. Stay on the plan and let it do its thing.

Micromanaging doesn't work and only causes anxiety.

Measuring fat loss is tricky. Water weight come off in whooshes, not daily. Much stored water is lost with each pound of fat. Use other measures to determine success (not just the scale). Measurements, the way clothes fit, and how precisely you adhered to the P1 sheet are all excellent measures.

Instead if micromanaging the scale, spend that energy on learning some new IP recipes to keep you OP.

Lets have a great OP/off-scale day (unless its official WI day).
Old 04-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #3  

I am feeling so great since starting IP! I have so much darn energy it is phenomenal. My body is morphing into how it has always been meant to function. I feel so, so blessed to have found IP.

And, you guys will laugh how I found it - from a psychic! After a less than satisfying restaurant meal, there was a psychic tea room in this little downtown area nearby. I had time to kill, so got a cappuccino and a reading, which was only ok. Afterwards, the girl and I we were chit chatting and she mentioned IP and showed me her before photos. I immediately said to her, "no offense, but I know this is the REAL reason I was drawn to stop in here now". :-)

Aside from my psychic adventure, does anyone know if there are threads specific to making IP stuff with the Vitamix? I am at a loss there.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #4  

Peaches
Check the fun with veggie purées thread. There's a link in the first post.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Did my weigh in this morning and I am quite happy to report a loss of 12 pounds this week. I'm sure my Floralax incident had something to do with this but a loss is a loss none the less - my wife still giggles at me anytime I reach for the multivitamin bottle. After two plus weeks of no recorded losses it's nice to see the scale moving again.

The sport coat I bought two weeks ago might even be too big now - at least around my stomach anyway, the shoulders are still snug though. Imagine that, for a change clothes aren't tight around my middle.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I love making the flatbread with the IP Tomato soup packet. Many IP packet hacks use egg whites. Is there a reason you use the egg whites instead of the whole egg? Could you use the whole egg? I hate wasting the yolk and was curious if there was a reason.
Thanks for anyone's help with this!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

peaches17 that's a great story about how you found IP!

Spiritman That definitely makes up for 2 weeks of no losses.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #8  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildviolets View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I love making the flatbread with the IP Tomato soup packet. Many IP packet hacks use egg whites. Is there a reason you use the egg whites instead of the whole egg? Could you use the whole egg? I hate wasting the yolk and was curious if there was a reason.
1 whole egg gas more fat and calories than the egg whites do. You can buy little cartons of egg whites if you don't want to waste the yolks.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildviolets View Post
A whole egg contains 71 calories, 5g fat. One egg white contains 16 calories and less than 1g fat. One egg white also fits in the 0/0/0 category of "extras". That is why you can use a white and not the whole egg. As was mentioned, you can get the cartons of egg whites from the store, 3tbsp of that is about the equivalent of one egg white.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning! Congrats Spiritman - good story Peaches, I believe everything happens for a reason- did the tea leaves say you'll soon see changes in your body and health by any chance?
Have a Great Day Everyone.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #11  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy Thursday everyone! I have my final WI on P3 with my coach in less then an hour and then I'm on to maintenance wooot wooooot. And including today I have 2 days left of work before I'm officially on vacation until May 1st!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Happy Thursday everyone! I have my final WI on P3 with my coach in less then an hour and then I'm on to maintenance wooot wooooot. And including today I have 2 days left of work before I'm officially on vacation until May 1st!!!
Woo hoo!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #13  
Started IP 3/20/2013

S/C/G: 180/152/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning! Congrats on some awesome losses - and good luck to todays WI's!

Yesterday was a rough day here. Got a call from my dr. and was given MRI results from a knee injury I got on Easter Sunday: fully ruptured ACL and torn meniscus - so looking forward to some not-so-fun decisions coming up. If that wasn't enough, my DH called me an hour later letting me know that our basement was flooded!! We live in Iowa and got over 4" yesterday - yuck! Stayed OP though and at the end of the day had my weigh-in ... -4.2 lbs!! I needed that - also finally lost an inch off of both arms. Thank you, Ideal Protein!! <3

Thanks for letting me vent - things will be fine...just a little inconvenient and expensive for awhile.

~Liz

Old 04-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #14  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Good to see the scales finally 'moved' spiritman! Congrats on the great WI.

Was down with a migraine yesterday, but I am feeling so much better today, although still a bit headachy. I was up by 6 this morning. Showered, dressed, animals fed, drove son to work, picked up groceries and now I am just finishing breakfast. I will sit down in a minute with my morning coffee and go over my days schedule. Probably going to be a busy one.

Have a wonderful day all, stay safe and OP.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Good Morning, everyone! Happy to say I've completed 16 days -OP! Am still focused and feeling great! Hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread