General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/244/Healthy

Height: 5'6"

Default Exercise and weight GAIN??

Hi everyone,
I have a question. For the past week I started a new cardio routine and have been watching everything I put in my body and this morning I weighed myself and I GAINED almost two pounds. Why did that happen? I'm so confused. I thought I was doing so well. This does not make sense to me. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thank you.
ShesCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

A quick search here, google, anywhere will tell you that when you start exercising, you might see water weight gain. Your body is in repair mode and a bit in shock. It's not fat. it will go away and the exercise will only be a benefit. So no worries... just keep at it.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #3  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

^^^ This. When you stress your muscles, even through cardio, they hang onto water as part of the repair and regrowth process. It just means everything's working as it should, so don't be alarmed at all
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #4  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

I agree. It's not weight gain its water and will come off. Try to think of it as gain=muscle loss=fat
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #5  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Yup! Been there, stick with it, the weight is going to come of a little slower but the scale will start to move in the right direction!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #6  
I hate gravity

I'm glad no one has told you that your gain was caused by an increase in muscle mass. Because you just started your program a week ago and 2 pounds of muscle gain would have been impossible.
I agree with everyone. I think you can't really expect results after just a week. Although any gain on the scale is extremely frustrating. You ARE doing well. I would be extremely surprised if you don't show a big loss in week 2 or 3. Keep us informed.
BigSky is offline   Reply With Quote