South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 06:40 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Thoughtful Thursday on the Beach - April 18

Good morning, Beachies! Looks like a dullish day today with rain in the forecast for the next three days. I'm glad I got in even an hour of outside work yesterday afternoon.

My darling Disney seems to have sprained her "elbow" which is certainly better than breaking it. I have pain killers for her and also some new and better arthritis meds. She also got bloodwork done yesterday and some of the spring vaccination routine. Jazz is on the books for his spring shots next week. He is also being very sweet and loving to his big sister. Dogs are such good "people".

My kitchen table is covered with bags of baking supplies and I'd be baking right now if I were not out of eggs. Duh! The store doesn't open until 9 so I'll be starting late. I find the best thing for me to do is do as much advance prep in one day and then spend the next day actually baking. This sale is a fundraiser for The Mill. We found out this week that our bread baker will no longer be able to do out 40 loaves for the Saturday morning sale. So far we've not found a substitute but it sure won't be me! Our Mill flour is very high protein and tricky to bake with. There is a bakery nearby that uses our flour exclusively so we may be able to do a deal with them. I wish we had the money and staff to set up an on-site bakery like the one Wendy has in Toronto!

Time to get organized for the day. Donna comes to clean today and the usual picking up is needed. I wish I knew who sneaks into this house and leaves stuff around. The dogs aren't saying!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thank goodness I checked back before I started today's Daily, Ruth. I was just about to start us up, but you beat me to it. I hope Disney isn't hurting too bad and heals quickly, especially with Jazz looking after her. Have a good baking session!

Woohoo for Thursday, and it looks like another pretty day, although there's a chance of showers. I'm driving around a snazzy 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan that the garage lent me while my car is in the shop, and I'm debating whether it's time to trade my car in for a new one, or does it make sense to keep it. My car is a 2003 with 122,000 miles and it will cost about $3200 to fix it, but other than now, it's been a good running car and never gave me any problems. I hate the thought of having car payments again, but I just don't know what to do. Decisions, decisions.

Natasha, it's good to know you're back from Boston safe and sound!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Linda, I know what you mean on a car payment. DH just got a truck last year, and mine is an 04 with 105K on it. I love my mini van, but fantasize about the day I can have a sedan with good mileage again on it (funny what we fantasize about as we get older, eh? )

Ruth, I'm curious what they put Disney on! Hope she feels better soon. Good luck finding someone to make the bread.

Well, I was supposed to meet a friend at the park at 6 am, and she didn't show. Considering I slept horribly (gagging snotting dog on the floor near the bed!), I'm not sure I would've gone if I had known, but I guess I needed the work out. I'll bring an extra coffee with me to work! Speaking of which, I spilled 1/2 mug of coffee on me earlier when I sat down. I hope the rest of the day improves!

About to make my first batch of black bean salad!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Tried a new recipe from Kalyn last night that we liked a lot: Vegetarian Greek Lentil Casserole with Bell Peppers and Feta. Changes I'll make next time: add a bit more broth, double it for more leftovers. I hope DH isn't getting spoiled with me cooking TWO meals in a row that he can eat! (i.e. vegetarian) It is so nice when I find easy, interesting, tasty recipes that fit our divergent eating plans. Now if only he'd stop bringing crap into the house!

Nothing planned for today beyond yoga. I was supposed to work but got cancelled; with all the rain they don't expect to be very busy.

Have a great day, all.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning, off and running again We got out for another mini-hike after work yesterday. It just makes the whole day so much better when I get to do that. Same old today, then meeting a friend for drinks and a walk after work. She lost her son in a freak accident in Ithaca last year and I really try to check-in on a regular basis. Such a sad and difficult time for her.

Well I'm late and need to run. Made the sausage kale lasagna this morning but now I need to rush into my day. Nice to have food for later though.

Hope the sun is shining on you today
Old 04-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
I'm enjoying the last two peaceful days before my boss returns! Today is an early leaving day for me anyway; I'll leave at 2 and then head home, throw some laundry in the wash, pick up my son and take him to the playground for a bit. We have a birthday dinner at a diner tonight. I'm trying to get some personal stuff accomplished while things are quiet here at work this week. I need to focus on that rather than killing time on line!! Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a day at home...It quit snowing late last night although I hear there is more to come.

Twynn, you asked if this is normal....anything is normal at 1-1/2 miles above sea level...I looked and the latest snow in Denver has been the end of April...latest frost was June 7 in 2007. Who knows what's up this year but we certainly do need the moisture.

Linda, ouch on your car..$$ I read an article in consumerreports last year which was about keeping your car for 20 years. I'm really thinking about trying to keep mine going now.

Ruth, hope Disney is feeling better soon!

Karen, the casserole sounds yummy!

Matilda, yay for another day with boss away (is it the same PITA one?)

Ok, back to chores!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

My class is starting in 8 minutes so no time for personals. The flood gates have opened up here- flash floods everywhere. Lost power to the whole town yesterday so had to drive to McDonalds for their wifi to finish my class up yesterday, hopefully these storms will not knock out the power.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Just got home from my training class and am debating whether or not to take a nap. I have a little bit of a headache, so I'm thinking it's gonna happen.

The explosion in TX last night had me worried that there was another bombing, but thankfully it looks to be just an unfortunate coincidence. It breaks my heart that there are still several firefighters unaccounted for. When I sit back and think about it and imagine not knowing where several of my guys were, I can't even begin to fathom what that dispatcher must be going through.

If this is any indication of how the weekend is going to be, I want to go back to Mass!!! LOL
Old 04-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Afternoon ladies just got home for a very early overtime shift. Went by quickly as the regular patrol officers had an arrest (female) so lucky me got to do a booking search and prisoner watch Yippee! Still got out on time so I truly didn't mind.

Waiting to meet a guy from Craigslist, that sounds naughty. Selling my hybrid. Guy lives local (not to mention I did a little checking first) so I am not concerned. Hope he is seriously interested as mama has bills to pay. lol

Linda good luck with the car. I decided against replacing the tranny in my 04 Explorer (had 116k) Gas prices and zero percent financing wooed me over. With all the driving I do (2010 Camry now has 68k) it was a wise decision for me. I love getting 30+ miles highway driving. The Explorer on a good day 17, but I do miss the room! When the Camry is paid I hope to buy a used (very used) 4wd veh for inclement weather and trips to Home Depot.

Ok enough babbling gotta pay the bills. Enjoy!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #11  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi ladies! I'm (sort of) new here. Not new to 3FC or South Beach but new to this part of the forum (last time I was coming here I was on WW). Oh and it's been a while since I've been to the forum. I'm hoping to make it to the daily thread pretty often. That's the plan anyway!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

jekel - I am w/ you on loving my Toyota for it's gas mileage. I got over 400 miles out of each tank of gas during my roadtrip and my tank holds about 11 gallons. I have been wanting a RAV4 for quite some time, but I can't bring myself to take on the higher payment and lower gas mileage. Plus, I've got 4 payments left on my Corolla, LOL

mamabear - Welcome to the beach!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening all. Thought I'd check in tonight. My days are always busy with work, afternoon household chores and PT twice a week. Although the weatherman predicted rain today we ended up with quite a bit of sun which was a nice treat. Excited to see my daffodils growing like crazy this week with the sun and some rain (and no snow or ice in sight!)

Ruth, I can't wait to retire and have a relaxing life like yours.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #14  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Thanks Natasha!
Closed Thread