Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 4/17/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-17-2013, 05:37 AM   #2  

Default Soy

Yesterday Lizjazz said "Does anyone have a list of which products do or don't contain soy???"

I do! It's on my computer and I'm not. For health reasons, I cut out all soy protein and gluten in January. I'll get that to you

Edit: here's a thread to help: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...soy-stuff.html

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-17-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:49 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Happy Wednesday everyone! Tomorrow is my last Official WI with my coach and I'm moving from P3 to maintenance. I will check in with her a couple of times after phasing off to make sure I stay on the right track. I'm so thankful I found IP and couldn't be happier with my results and the things I've learned. We leave next Monday for our postponed honeymoon to Jamaica. Can't wait!
We honeymooned in Jamaica too! You'll LOVE it!
Congrats on goal

Edit: I posted this AFTER Cheekyskeeter, at 5:13 am. Looks like 3fc still has technical difficulties

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-17-2013 at 05:51 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #4  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy Wednesday everyone! Tomorrow is my last Official WI with my coach and I'm moving from P3 to maintenance. I will check in with her a couple of times after phasing off to make sure I stay on the right track. I'm so thankful I found IP and couldn't be happier with my results and the things I've learned. We leave next Monday for our postponed honeymoon to Jamaica. Can't wait!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
CONGRATS!

Have a great postponed honeymoon!! Jamaica is beautiful! Are you staying
at a all inclusive resort? Heard they are awesome! I was only there on a cruise stop on my honeymoon, 23 years ago, wow! I know they say be
careful in the shopping areas, lotta beggers and rip offs.

Good luck on p4, I'm on my second week p3, so far going well. I could
eat this way forever, alittle scared of p4, but then again p3 was an adjustment and its fine, lol!

Have fun!! Congrats again!!

D
Old 04-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #6  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Went out for dinner last night and was determined to leave satisfied. The last time I went out, I ordered a "quarter chicken dinner with salad". Well, the chicken must have been on a diet too!! Must have been 2oz of meat by the time I removed all the skin and bone and the salad was 2 bites of shredded lettuce. So, this time (better restaurant) I ordered an 8oz sirloin. It came with garlic bread, potato and sautéed mushrooms and onions and a side salad. I asked the waitress if I could substitute all that and have a large romaine lettuce salad with tomato, cucumber and onion w/oil and vinegar dressing. The waitress came back and said the chef said it would be an extra $7!!! I asked to speak to the manager. I told him I was on a special diet and he finally agreed to let me have my dinner. Woohoo!!! Score one for the fat chicks!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:20 AM   #7  

Quote:
Congratulations - you are such an inspiration! :-)

I am sleeping less since being on IP - waking up at the crack of dawn with a ton of energy.

My new challenge is finding different ways to prepare fish. I've never cooked it before in my life and don't want to get into a rut preparing it the same way each meal. I just got the George Forman grill which I am loving for my tofu and will try for the fish too.

Happy Wednesday to all!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 262/202/145

Height: 5'8"

Red face Newbie

Hello,

I've been following the forum for a week or so and am ready to jump in. I appreciate all of the great ideas and support offered here.

My daughter and I started IP in mid March but then were sidetracked by a death in the family at the end of the month. We're now back on board ready to make the choices and do the work necessary to regain our lives by losing the weight that is holding us back!

WI today - I have a feeling it will be an inches, not pounds week but at this point the fact that I feel better is all that matters!

Happy Hump Day!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #9  
JulieT68

S/C/G: 197/197/150

Height: 5'6' 1/2

Happy Wednesday Everyone! I am looking forward to another day op! Just starting back up again this is day 5! Losing the winter weight that always creeps up on me!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #10  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches17 View Post
I just got the George Forman grill which I am loving for my tofu and will try for the fish too.
I use a George Forman grill too (I live in an apartment without a balcony or outdoor area to grill). Besides chicken and fish, I love putting veggies in it to grill -- zucchini split lengthwise, red/green peppers, & portabella mushrooms are my current favorites. It's kind of funny because I moved from sauteing all my veg, to roasting them all, and now grilling them.

Got to keep changing it up so I don't get bored.

----------------------------------

Weigh in tomorrow, can't wait to see how much I've lost. My scale has fluctuated this week, one day up a pound, one day down a pound, etc. TOM is also on the very near horizon, so I could come out with scratch. <shrug>

I had my annual a few days ago and I'm very eager to get my blood work numbers back. I've lost 10% of my weight so I'm hoping to see an improvement or "good" numbers, but I know that in 6 more months on IP, my numbers will eventually be even better.

Last edited by rubygirl05; 04-17-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Went out for dinner last night and was determined to leave satisfied. The last time I went out, I ordered a "quarter chicken dinner with salad". Well, the chicken must have been on a diet too!! Must have been 2oz of meat by the time I removed all the skin and bone and the salad was 2 bites of shredded lettuce. So, this time (better restaurant) I ordered an 8oz sirloin. It came with garlic bread, potato and sautéed mushrooms and onions and a side salad. I asked the waitress if I could substitute all that and have a large romaine lettuce salad with tomato, cucumber and onion w/oil and vinegar dressing. The waitress came back and said the chef said it would be an extra $7!!! I asked to speak to the manager. I told him I was on a special diet and he finally agreed to let me have my dinner. Woohoo!!! Score one for the fat chicks!
Good for you, We must have had same discussion. I had it at the Apollo and unfortunately did not win. Had to pay extra, well worth it though but they have lost a customer. So far it is the only restaurant in town that will not allow substitutes without a cost that I know of.

Must be something going around for everyone, after reading yesterday's chat, I too seem to be unsually hungry these last two weeks... Wonder what is in the air. Have been eating almost two heads of romaine lettuce every single day and sometimes a 4th pack (jello) just to get me through... hummm.

Happy wednesday everyone.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yesterday Lizjazz said "Does anyone have a list of which products do or don't contain soy???"

I do! It's on my computer and I'm not. For health reasons, I cut out all soy protein and gluten in January. I'll get that to you

Edit: here's a thread to help: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...soy-stuff.html
I too would love this list Lisa, Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #13  

Quote:
Congrats to you and enjoy your well deserved honeymoon!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Rather interesting day in the Spiritman homestead. The wife picks up our supplements when needed. Well at the start of last weekend she stated she was going to try Floralax and had great success with it if you know what I mean.

Well.....unbeknownst to me, combined with my usual lack of attention she put the Floralax bottle with the rest of the bottles of supplements. So me being the innocent victim I am, for the last 1.5 days have been dutifully following the supplement plan all the while thinking..."That's odd, they must have changed the formula for the multivitamin, it looks different then the ones we have been taking, oh well down the hatch".

So imagine my surprise when for the last day now I can't get 20 feet away from a bathroom. All the while thinking "What the frick is causing this?"

So my darling wife who just now has finished wiping tears out of her eyes from laughing at me has moved the Floralax bottle and put the new multivitamin bottle with the rest of our supplements, where it's supposed to be.

I would type more but yet again nature is calling so I gotta go....literally.
Well after the fiasco from the last few days - DW is still laughing at me this morning as she is taking her morning supplements - things have started to return to normal for me in regards to digestive distress.

Lessons learned - read the bottle before you take the pill - if you have questions ask - if something seems wrong chances are it is -Floralax works - boy does it ever, and the last and most important lesson look for creative ways to blame others for your muck ups

On the plus side even before the laxative my scale started to decrease in numbers which is nice after no movement for close to three weeks. Thursday is my "official" weigh in day and I am looking forward to it. Have a good day all.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #15  
Reboot Jan 2018

lol oh spiritman....I can't blame your DW for laughing as I'd be laughing too.

I can't believe some restaurants would charge that much extra for salad etc. I'm lucky as the restaurants we've been too are all owned by my hubby's friends so they'll make whatever I ask for. Even before IP we never ordered from the menu they would just ask us what we're in the mood for and create it. The only thing that changed the last few months is now I drink water instead of wine....they were quite concerned that I was ill lol. But honestly now...I don't miss the wine at all.

I plan to eat relatively close to what I'm doing in P3 into maintenance except I will add in some extras here and there. I'm quite content with what I'm eating and don't intend to add back in much in the way of pasta and rice....those will be saved for my 'fun' days.

Dregan, yes we are staying at an all inclusive resort. We've been to Jamaica the last two years as well but different areas. We LOVE it there and had actually planned to get married on the beach there next week but last fall we just decided we didn't want to wait any more and wanted all of our family to be able to be there so had a wedding at home instead.
Closed Thread