Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 75-165 / 67.9 / 62-135

Default depressed, lost control and gained: how can I break this pattern?

Dear ladies,

I got stressed out, depressed, angry, and I lost control :-(.

I drank alcohol to calm my nerves, and ate cake to comfort myself. I also ate pasta in a total I-give-up mode :-(.

So today I'm very tired, with a hangover, and gained 600g.

I also stopped with my teethwhitening, started drinking coffee again, and didn't even care abut brushing my teeth and taking my makeup off before bed. So the teeth whitening efforts are wasted, and my skin is horrible.

:-( :-( :-(

I know I have to get back on track, but feel so fragile...
Lumia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I can relate! It's very easy to fall onto old self soothing habits. Don't beat yourself up about it! It happens and it's not the end of the world!

Today is a new day! TODAY take care of yourself. Do your teeth whitening, wash your make up off before bed. If you are feeling fragile, reach out to someone in your life you can talk to who can comfort you!

You are strong!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #3  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Sometimes it's hard when you are feeling down. For some people that's when they draw in on themselves when they really need to be reaching out to someone. I agree with LockItUp. Reach out to someone. You may not feel like it but sometimes when you go through the motions of getting back into the swing of things, it perks you up enough to talk yourself the rest of the way out of the hole.

As far as the weight. Most of it is probably water retention and if you don't continue to overindulge, will be gone in a couple of days. Just start back on track today. Some of my biggest kick myself moments aren't from maintaining, but from getting frustrated and letting myself continue to gain and gain and gain. Stop your cycle where you are at and hop back into it. I don't believe you have done as much damage as your thoughts are telling you. You can do this!
ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #4  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Hey ....this happened in the past ....leave in the past and move forward,

Today is a New day embrace the good ....and leave the bad in the past.

Regret and Guilt are too heavy a burden to carry....chuck it at the side of the road and just keep moving forward! When you wallow in guilt that means you are tied to it...release yourself from it and keep stepping!

Live your life joyously and embrace the positive that is in your world.....refuse to be bogged down with negative and toxic things that do not enhance your life.

We all make mistakes....I refuse to let my mistakes define who I am ,but they have help build character....Sooo I have made a ton of mistakes that I will never make again ! Lesson learned
Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 146/140/126

Height: 5'8''

Dear Lumia,

I’m 30 and I’ve suffered with depression most of my life, I was finally diagnosed with clinical depression at 18 and I’ve been on every type of antidepressant since. I’ve also been to clinical psychologists and councillors. At my worst in my teenage years I went days without washing, I didn’t give a f**k, my appearance was the last of my concerns. I’ve read your post a few times and I’ve tried to come up with some sort of inspirational response but after over 20 years of struggling I know (as I sure you do too) there is no quick answer to depression. I too have turned to alcohol to dull the pain of my sadness (I’m Irish so booze is the answer to everything ), but in the end I wake up to the reality of a hangover and my unaddressed problems.

For me in the past I went the opposite way with food, I starved myself as a way to distract myself from my emotional pain but in the greater scheme of things I think they are very similar.

I’m doing a lot better these days, medication free but using alternative medicine. I’d be more than happy to talk to you privately or on here.
LNC30 is offline   Reply With Quote