Old 04-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #1  

Default Why I love this program!

This program is definitely not for the faint of heart, it is tough in the beginning but if you can muster up the courage to stick with it you get results. I am a person that needs to start seeing and feeling results quickly or I get impatient. Well, since Saturday I am down 6. I know some is water weight but I feel so much better, and I feel in control. The cravings have finally stopped along with the brain fog from getting off of sugar. Full steam ahead
Skrytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #2  

Nice work! I completely agree with you! Plus it makes me feel so much better. I tried weight watchers but used my points to eat unhealthy things. With this program I eat to make myself healthy and see great results on the scale
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:27 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotaFatBride View Post
Nice work! I completely agree with you! Plus it makes me feel so much better. I tried weight watchers but used my points to eat unhealthy things. With this program I eat to make myself healthy and see great results on the scale
I did the same on WW. I just could not handle the slow loss, it was like Chinese water torture. I am not knocking the plan. It is very good especially since they incorporated more veggies, but not every plan works for everyone. MRC is just a better fit for me.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #4  

Yeah and I like having the choice of fruit or carb. My mom has been doing weight watchers for almost a year and has lost 70 lbs. Shes great at it but like you said, didn't work for me (either)
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #5  

I love this program because you see such quick results at the beginning, and it keeps you motivated! For me, it got a little slower later on, but it's so worth it. I lost 66 pounds in 5 months, had never lost that much before on any of the too-many-to-count programs I've tried. Unfortunately, now I'm starting over, but I'm confident it will be just as effective this time. I remember how good I felt after the first week, the cravings were all gone, I was eating healthy food, so excited to be committed to do it again.
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #6  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
I love this program because you see such quick results at the beginning, and it keeps you motivated! For me, it got a little slower later on, but it's so worth it. I lost 66 pounds in 5 months, had never lost that much before on any of the too-many-to-count programs I've tried. Unfortunately, now I'm starting over, but I'm confident it will be just as effective this time. I remember how good I felt after the first week, the cravings were all gone, I was eating healthy food, so excited to be committed to do it again.
I agree it's quick on weight loss and inches, but i now have baggy and loose skin, and i've been on maintenance since jan 4th and struggling trying to count calories, if i would have known that after paying all the money for the program (i did get great results) only to find out that you end up counting calories (by the way is what i was doing before i joined MRC) i'm not so sure i would have done it. I mentioned i was counting calories before joining MRC and couldn't hardly lose the weight then because i would always go over. I did great on maintenance for the first couple of months but now i'm back to going over again. When i started MRC all the cravings disappeared but now that i'm on maintenance all the cravings have come back so now i'm back to square one. Just saying
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
I agree it's quick on weight loss and inches, but i now have baggy and loose skin, and i've been on maintenance since jan 4th and struggling trying to count calories, if i would have known that after paying all the money for the program (i did get great results) only to find out that you end up counting calories (by the way is what i was doing before i joined MRC) i'm not so sure i would have done it. I mentioned i was counting calories before joining MRC and couldn't hardly lose the weight then because i would always go over. I did great on maintenance for the first couple of months but now i'm back to going over again. When i started MRC all the cravings disappeared but now that i'm on maintenance all the cravings have come back so now i'm back to square one. Just saying
I can imagine you are frustrated. I also know how the cravings can be and following the program to the letter takes care of that. So maintenance is calorie counting, that's a bummer. I don't think it is really good to do low carb and high protein indefinitely as it could be hard on your kidneys. Maybe you could be carb cautious after lunch. Where is your center? Also, can you kick up your exercise routine to include some higher intensity, sometimes that can help regulate blood sugar levels and keep cravings at bay. Additionally, try to make most of your carbs fruits and veggies. I am thinking if maintenance is calorie counting I may switch to WW for maintenance. Let me know how it goes and what works for you. Hang in there!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #8  

Weight loss is such a battle, we each have to find what works for us. I think the losing, while hard, is much easier than the maintaining. I wish there was some magic answer, but I don't know what that is. There's a reason that such a high percentage of people who lose weight gain it all back. It's funny you mention weight watchers, because I switched to that for maintenance; I was frustrated with my center people, their answer to everything was some new pill. I did the program without taking any, so that fell on deaf ears for me. I figured I spent a lot of money there, and they should be there to help and support me and my center was having a lot of turnover and many of the consultants were pretty clueless, so I decided their stabilization and maintenance wasn't really for me. I kept the weight off for over two years, than got careless. Stopped paying attention and slipped back into all the bad habits that got me there to begin with. But even though I'm an old lady (and trust me, the sagging skin is no fun, but beats the fat), I will never give up. One way or another, I want to beat this in my lifetime. I guess that was my long way of saying that I hope you find a maintenance program you're comfortable with and works for you!
dkmd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #9  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default Why I love MRC!

I love this program because it is strict! And because of the support I can get with a simple phone call! After the weekends I usually feel like I need an extra weigh-in and they are always so helpful! I have been asked what I am doing and when I start to explain most people start turning their noses up! That just makes me feel better about myself because I know I wont quit and I'm doing what some people wont even try! The green menu I am on is great, there are so many choices! I am just starting to branch out and try some of the recipes! I have only been on program for about 4 weeks and to read about other people's success stories really helps a lot! Thank you!
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #10  
Sherry, Senior Member

I loved the program too, I was on the green menu then went to stabilization and that's where they start adding back all the foods you gave up, then you go to maintenance which is counting calories. I mostly got tired of eating the same foods over and over. I got bored but then when I went thru stabilization I did pretty good but maintenance and counting calories I was told I could eat whatever in moderation as long as I stayed within my 1300 calorie range but I'm starving all the time and all I do is thing of food and what I can or can't eat. During the program all the cravings went away so why do they put you on counting calories, I know they give you all the materials to work with and show you how to eat but they also add back the carbs and foods you didn't eat on plan and that's when all the cravings came back. I guess the reason I mentioned WW and other programs is that if we all stayed on plan and kept the weight off they wouldn't make any money off of us. Not everyone can afford this program so they would have to count on some of us not being able to maintain forever, I see so many have come back after gaining all their weight back. Just saying!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #11  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

skelley331- the maintenance sounds intimidating!! I guess you have a point where they get you to goal and then they know the cravings will most likely come back so you will probably turn to them for help!

I have had success in the past counting calories and exercising so I'm hoping my willpower will last because of all the hard work I've been putting in!

Congrats on 31lbs lost!
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Don't forget, skelley, a lot of us never make it to maintenance. I lost my weight and got down to goal 3 weeks after my membership ran out. I wrongly assumed I could figure out transition and maintenance on my own and my weight came back. And so I enrolled for the third time now.

I think maintenance must be pretty hard. I already cut dairy out of my diet because of lactose intolerance so I'm wondering if they will ask me to try it again. If so, that will be a week lost.

I do know four people who have done the complete MRC and are maintaining at least two years out. Don't know how much pleasure they get from eating, though.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Thumbs up

Forgot to add I love this program because it is so strict, too. Just give me a plan to follow and I'm good. Not to say I don't have a pre-planned cheat day every couple of months but I feel more in control and better about myself when I stick to plan. I feel skinny when I've stayed on plan even if the scales and mirrors don't necessarily reflect that.

Also, with WW, I didn't learn how to eat correctly. I would not eat all day and have a gyro and double scoop chocolate chip ice cream cone for supper. Then I would go to bed and wake up in the middle of the night with low blood sugar.

I think MRC incorporates the best of all the successful weight loss theories and uses them all--low calorie, concentrates on vegetables and fruit, high protein and low carb, and eating regularly. This is why it is successful.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #14  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
Don't forget, skelley, a lot of us never make it to maintenance. I lost my weight and got down to goal 3 weeks after my membership ran out. I wrongly assumed I could figure out transition and maintenance on my own and my weight came back. And so I enrolled for the third time now.

I think maintenance must be pretty hard. I already cut dairy out of my diet because of lactose intolerance so I'm wondering if they will ask me to try it again. If so, that will be a week lost.

I do know four people who have done the complete MRC and are maintaining at least two years out. Don't know how much pleasure they get from eating, though.
I could never get to the weight they said I should, they had me at 148 and my body just stopped at 155 so I could either buy 10 more weeks and try to get to 148 or move into stabilization and onto maintenance. I stayed on plan the whole 16 weeks with only two days off plan and I took all the HNS drinks, supplements, etc and still couldn't hit the 148, they told me that I would lose the lbs and inches within the 16wks and that I would get to 148 but Nope ran out of time. I wasn't going to pay for another 16wks when felt like the plan didn't work to the full 100% but i'm thankful for the weight and inches I've lost but having a hard time with the maintenance and they just tell you to go back to the green menu and that's what i'm doing now. Don't get me wrong I do love the program but I think the maintenance part needs a little tweeking!! Thanks for your input and good luck