Old 01-10-2013, 01:53 AM   #1  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Default Thinking of signing up for WW .. thoughts?

Hey everyone!

I haven't been to a WW's meeting in over 20 yrs (I was 16) and have seriously been thinking about signing up on Monday. I know that things have probably changed a LOT during this time so I thought I'd come here and take a look at some WW threads so that I can kind of get a feel on things .. so I thought I'd get your thoughts on it as well;

Do you go to the meetings, use online or both?

How easy/difficult is the point system? (assuming that's still being used! lol)

Oh gosh, I know I had more questions than that but for some reason I've gone blank! lol Guess I'll ask them when they come back to me!

Thanks so much!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I've been on WW since January 18th, 2012. I do online only because I'm more than a bit introverted and I can also be more than a bit of a curmudgeon. For me, the online program has been a life changer. It enabled me to make small changes that added up to big changes over time. The big thing for me is tracking everything that I eat and staying within those WW points. (I also track calories over at My Fitness Pal but that's a whole 'nother story.) When I track and and I follow the Good Health Guidelines, I lose weight. I also like the support over there in the blogs. I've got a circle of WW friends who really help me out.

Last edited by Garnet2727; 01-10-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #3  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Garnet :: Thank you so much for your reply! And a big on your loss thus far - you're doing wonderfully!!

My first experience was WW was a good one, I was only 16 at the time and I lost 60 lbs. I was very young and really didn't have a good support system at home so unfortunately I put the weight back on over the next year or so.
I'm really excited about actually going to the meetings. I work from home so it'll be a little treat getting out and being with others who are on the same mission. But I do plan on using the online forums as well.

Thank you again for your reply and for sharing your thoughts - I truly appreciate it!

Have a wonderful rest of the week!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 301/274/150

Height: 5'5"

I recently joined Weight Watchers again. I go to the meetings because I need the accountability and I also enjoy learning things and get tips from others at the meetings. I lost 30 pounds on weight watchers last year and then stopped going to meetings thinking I could do it at home on my own. Boy was I ever wrong. I put back on the 30 pounds and then some. I still have a long way to go, but am hopeful that as long as I stick with the program I can do it! I think you made a good choice in joining Weight Watchers. Good luck with your journey.
daddysonlygirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Just for myself. And my opininion only.

WW works.

I do meetings.

I've lost 58 pounds and have kept it off for 18 months now.

I have not missed a meeting in 83 weeks. That however, came to be after I realized I'd made a year and decided that perfect attendance, was a personal goal. I know this won't last forever, but, I'll keep it up as long as I can!

I have a great group, helpful, friendly, always lots of new ideas. And I need the accountibility.

The other plus for me, is this is my, ME time! I leave my cell in the car, and WW meetings are sacred! The whole family knows, it's Tuesday! Mom/wife/gramma, etc., is at WW, send her a text or an email, or whatever, I'll get back to you, but it is Tuesday! It's my time for me!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/263/258

Height: 5'6"

I do online only and it works for me. I don't find the points to be difficult to use at all. Going to meetings wouldn't fit into my life so online is best for me. I've been doing it for 6 weeks and am down 20lbs. So it works for me.

Good luck!
shrewlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'2

I'm doing WW online and I love the program. I tried counting calories in the past and could never stick to it but I find the point system easier for some reason. You still have to do the work and enter your recipes to figure out their points, but I don't find it too hard to count.

One of my best friends lost 95 lbs with the program and just started maintaining. She's my inspiration.
Angelic Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #8  
Knowing I'm worth it!

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm going on my 3rd week and so far I love it. I go to the meetings and paid the fee that got me the etools. I LOVE the etools and how easy it is to track my points and activities on my home computer, smart phone, and ipad. The weekly weigh-in and staying for the meeting are vital for me because I know that I need that kind of accountability.

Good luck!
Teresa66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #9  
Sahara

S/C/G: 182.2/140.2/147

Height: 5' 6.5"

It works! I lost 60 lbs in 2009 doing weight watchers on my own. I had the materials from a previous time I had joined. I kept it off for almost 3 years and then let myself gain 20 lbs back. I'm working on those 20 lbs now. Even when I try to follow the guidelines of other programs like lower carb ones, I use weight watchers to count points. It's ingrained in me now!

Sahara
saharag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #10  
Returning Lfe-timer

S/C/G: 176/160/145

Height: 5ft 1in

Default Plan to start on Wed May 8

I'm new to this site and glad to be here.

I plan to return this Wednesday and work this program with the intensity and diligence that I did my first time in 2003-2003 when I lost 40 pounds. Now I'm 15 pounds away from my starting weight. I've come back to WW off and on since 2008 but not with the willingness to do whatever it takes. What I most regret is letting go of the tracking habit. I've not been able to maintain it for more than 3-5 days since then. I never subscribed to e-tools before and this time I will.

kit1197 is offline   Reply With Quote