Old 04-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Today I did not weigh in.

Today was my weigh in day. I did not weigh in. In fact I did not even shower. I did not go to work. I did not do these things because yesterday my city was bombed. I was downtown during the chaos, terrified and sick to my stomach in the historic public downtown Boston building I work in. Are there more, were we next. A member of my staff was on the street between where the explosions went off watching the marathon on what is historically an amazing day in Boston. I thought i was going to be sick that she was there at ground zero, even after confirming she hadnt been injured. I chose to leave the city and come home. I thought i was going to be sick as they made bomb awareness notices on my jam packed train out of the city. I thought I was going to be sick when I spoke to my parents, my boyfriend telling them not to worry, i was ok. We are ok. I am so thankful everyone I know is safe. I'm so thankful.

Today I took a sad day. I watched the reports, spoke to friends and family and clients from home, I did not count calories, I let myself cry. I weeded through what was hundreds of emails and texts and social media measages from around the country checking in on our well being. That was today. That is today and I still cry. The messages still come and I am in love with everyone I have ever known for reaching out. They do not see me cry, it is why I am home. It is why i chose to share these feelings here anonymously. So I can grieve in my own way and return strong and supportative and level headed tomorrow. Tomorrow I will resume my normal life because its the only way. It is the only way because I love my city, my state that has been my home for my entire life. I want to be brave. I am not afraid of the terrorists. I will not be, because that is what they want. I will not be because I'm a Bostonian and I am tough. I will do my best for my traumatized staff, my friends, my family. I will do my best for my customers now worried about their travel to my fair city. I will continue my healthy path and not let these tough and emotional times derail me. Tomorrow I will count my calories. Tomorrow I will weigh in.Tomorrow I will start training to run.

Thank you to anyone who reads this. I am sad and I needed to just put it out there.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Glad to know you're safe. My condolences to anyone who was injured, terrified or knows someone that was/is, and their friends and families.

Last edited by charliee; 04-16-2013 at 07:37 PM.
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #4  

I'm so sorry what you have been through over the last 24 hours +/-, I can't imagine how you feel. I'm glad you have a plan for tomorrow, it's part of the healing process. We are here for you.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

I'm glad you're safe. We are here for you.

I will say a special prayer for strength, healing and guidance not only for you , but for all of Boston and those affected by this cowardly act.

Last edited by sluggerbean; 04-16-2013 at 10:09 PM.
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #6  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

I can't imagine what you're going through, but I'm glad you're safe & I'm glad you're taking the time to heal. Hugs.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #7  

Height: 5"6

I'm glad you are safe, and my heart is with you in Boston today.

Last edited by NorthernChick13; 04-16-2013 at 10:36 PM.
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #8  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #9  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

I have no words of my own to share but (even though I am pretty sure you might have seen this already) I found this piece.
Boston. ****ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem -- one human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in a while, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evildoers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."
Patton Oswalt
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

I am so sorry. Not just for you, but for Boston and honestly, America as a whole. It breaks my heart. I wasn't there, and I have been teary since it happened. I am sad for the children. I have 4, 3 who are old enough to ask questions... Not all of which I was prepared for. I think it is fine for you to take a sad day. I can't imagine being there. I know you are doing your best to heal and recover. I am praying for you.
IAmTheGlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #11  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

How are you feeling today, Sunshine?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Good morning. Thank you all so much. This morning started better. Then I got on the train which was emergency evacuated 2 stops after I got on. There was swat team, bomb sniffing dogs, fire, local and transit police. They searched the train, the people and got us back on. I am actually back on the train now which has been stopped on the tracks for 20 minutes but for once the wifi is working. How am I, I am scared. I hear Fox News was reporting our evacuation at least locally. I just want to get into the city so I can get off this train. On a good note, my eating has been on plan today. I think I might leave early before rush hour and do my first jog.
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #13  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I can't find the right words. My sorrow and prayers are with all of you in Boston.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #14  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

It takes a lot of strength and courage to get up and continue on with your life when someone/something knocks you down.

Bravo to you.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Drying my own eyes for Boston as I read this. I am so, so sorry for everyone injured and the lives that were lost, I'm sorry you had to go through that, and be so frightened. I am praying for all Bostonians, and I pledge to push myself harder than ever in their honor, as I train for my first 5K.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote