Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 05:32 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 4/16/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-16-2013, 05:36 AM   #2  

Tuesday. One day closer to the weekend.

If you are new (and good reminders for the rest of us)
Read the Stickies at the top of the forum and the first post of this thread where you will find TONS of links

There is rarely a reason to start a new thread. Most are duplicates (triplicates, quadriplicates, etc), if you spend some time reading & learning.

The search feature works but it takes a try or two to figure it out. Be patient!

When you read back to older threads BE CAREFUL! Look at the date the person posted before you reply directly to them. Some folks have phased off and left (or just left not getting to goal, unfortunately). You can still reply to the thread.

Have a great OP day and don't forget to share your successes with all of us!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/144/135.

Height: 5'2"

Default Omg, i think i am going to burst

First breakfast of phase 3. Keep in mind i have always been a coffee only kind of person. I am still sitting with one egg and some yogurt left. I would so much rather have my coffee and vanilla drink. I actually feel uncomfortable.

What is the best way to get the requirements and not feel this way? Least amount of food but the most bang?

Thanks for suggestions.

Jac
Old 04-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Just wanted to give a shout out to Lisa and Scorbett and say thanks for helping me on this journey.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #5  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Weigh in tonight. DH birthday and April 15th is over. (Job revolves around tax season) It is gonna be a great day!

Linda
Old 04-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #6  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
All right.....somebody slap me!! I am having a pity party moment!!

I am so frustrated that my body fat percentage is 40! FORTY??? REALLY?? How is that possible?? When I work out (haven't since December tho), I lift weights 2xweek in addition to all the cardio. I know I'm not supposed to compare to others....BUT....WTH?? I am 7 pounds away from a healthy weight but my fat percentage isn't even close to where it should be! I consider myself quite healthy and active.....I just don't get it....Grrrr
Is it because I'm almost 50? Maybe due in part to complete hysterectomy at age 40?? Any advice is appreciated!!

OK....rant over.....

Hope you all have a Magical day (T minus 2 days til Disney)
Don't apologize! Looking at your height, maybe your goal needs to be lower? I know at my clinic, they have me, 5'9 at 145! I can't imagine my body being that low, and I'm aiming for 160 (for now). Maybe I'll be in the same boat when I get down too...hmmm
Old 04-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Good Morning!!!

I weigh in today!! Hoping for a decent loss.... Can't wait til I can get the ticker.. lol
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #8  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

All right.....somebody slap me!! I am having a pity party moment!!

I am so frustrated that my body fat percentage is 40! FORTY??? REALLY?? How is that possible?? When I work out (haven't since December tho), I lift weights 2xweek in addition to all the cardio. I know I'm not supposed to compare to others....BUT....WTH?? I am 7 pounds away from a healthy weight but my fat percentage isn't even close to where it should be! I consider myself quite healthy and active.....I just don't get it....Grrrr
Is it because I'm almost 50? Maybe due in part to complete hysterectomy at age 40?? Any advice is appreciated!!

OK....rant over.....

Old 04-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Hello,

I have reposted this from yesterday. I guess with the site beeing down, no answers were available and I would like like some imput.

They have suggested a cleanse because I had stalled for 3 weeks. Said they strongly suggest that after 25-30 pds lost (exactly where I am now).

Has anyone else been suggested this after 25 lbs? I will consider this after next week's weigh in. Although, because I have such stomach issues with diarrhea, I am a bit concerned. Was this problematic for some? I need reassurance before next week's apt. Thanks to anyone who can help.

As for ideal weight, even though I am only 5'3'', they have me at 124. I haven't been that since I was 21 years old. I do find that very low. I would like to stop at 135 only to have a 5 pounds wiggle room. I would be very happy between 140-145 lbs in maintenance for my age (nearing 50) and to not be a slave to dieting.

Have agreat tuesday everyone.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #10  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Don't apologize! Looking at your height, maybe your goal needs to be lower? I know at my clinic, they have me, 5'9 at 145! I can't imagine my body being that low, and I'm aiming for 160 (for now). Maybe I'll be in the same boat when I get down too...hmmm
Yeah, when I reached 165 I was very happy and content. Some people even thought I was too thin lol! I don't want to go too low and be miserable eating like a rabbit either! Ha! Many of the weight charts out there seem too unrealistic.....my clinic was happy with 165. I guess I need to not put too much emphasis on that # and go with how I'm feeling!!
Good luck to you! I can't imagine 145! My sister is 5'9" and is a string bean at 155!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #11  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I am so frustrated that my body fat percentage is 40! FORTY??? REALLY?? How is that possible??
If you're basing this off the meter in your Coach's office - DON'T. Those things are highly inaccurate. You need a doctor to do either a float test or caliper pinch test to get a really accurate measurement. The Coach's dohicky is fine for measuring wide ranging trends but not a realistic BF percentage.

Enjoy Disney. Pirate's of the Caribbean was always my favorite (long before the movies).
Old 04-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #12  
started 2/22/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
If you're basing this off the meter in your Coach's office - DON'T. Those things are highly inaccurate. You need a doctor to do either a float test or caliper pinch test to get a really accurate measurement. The Coach's dohicky is fine for measuring wide ranging trends but not a realistic BF percentage.
Hmmmm.....my scale at home has been consistently showing the same readout as the scale at my clinic .
Thanks for the advice....when I see my Doc next month I'll ask for a caliper measurement! I actually received one of those as a free gift when ordering from one of the weight loss sites lol! Hmmmm....wonder where I put that darn thing anyway! Ha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Enjoy Disney. Pirate's of the Caribbean was always my favorite (long before the movies).
Thank you!! We enjoy that ride too, tho our 15 yr old with autism won't step foot inside lol (and we're not much for "parental units taking turns") . BUT, we will have a Fairy Godmother who will give us a break.....AND THEN we will RIDE!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #13  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Happy Tuesday. WI yesterday was -2 and down more this morning and hit my 30 lbs down and gone for good mark.

I have been keeping everything to the book and eliminating those small modifications that others have posted (Mio, bubble water, gone back to measuring my 2 cups of veggies, water, water, water, lettuce for fiber) and it has worked for me.

I see why people are reconsidering their weight goals. I have not been a diet like this before and you lose so much fat that you look like you weigh less than you do. My goal weight is 150 but I am looking like I did when I weighed about 10 lbs less than my current weight. And, clothes are fitting me as if I weighed 10 lbs less.

I am not formally readjusting anything at this point, just an observation!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

A1Texan - you are so welcome! Just giving back after all the help everyone here gave me on MY journey You are doing AWESOME!

disgal - The most accurate ways to measure TRUE body fat % are either a water displacement test or a DEXA scan. Calipers are next best, but ask your doc how comfortable they are with the accuracy of reading calipers - the results of a caliper test are only as good as the person's ability to read them. The scales and grip-gadgets that send electromagnetic pulses through your body to measure fat %...well, they are as much science fiction as they sound. Don't get discouraged - how do you FEEL? Are you in a size you are comfortable with? Do you feel like you can maintain your weight at your current activity level? Healthy weight is SO much more than the numbers on a scale.

Ginettepv - I did not go anywhere near the cleanse, even after 29 weeks and 72lbs lost. It's basically made up of herbs that "supposedly" cleanse toxins from your liver (which has no real empirical evidence to back up those claims, if you have a healthy liver and kidneys and drink plenty of water, those organs rid your body of toxins just fine on their own), and a laxative that is made up of prunes, aloe and psyllium. You can get the same colon cleansing effect from plain psyllium husks taken every day - not the psyllium pills, but the husks. If I ran into constipation issues, I used Smooth Move tea, or Miralax.

Gonna Really Try - here's the thing. Studies have shown that people who eat breakfast are more consistent with keeping weight off. I had trouble with the size of the breakfasts too, for about the first month. Most people's bodies will adjust. You may be able to reduce volume by making a fruit smoothie and having with some toast and a protein, using milk or almond milk instead of yogurt if that's too heavy for you. You don't want to rely too heavily on protein products/shakes because they are made of processed protein, which is really easy for your body to digest - too much too often can make your digestive system "lazy". It's always better to eat real food as often as possible.

It's been crazy on my end, kids are on school vacation this week and I took the week off from work, so I plan to keep them on the go! Today will be a walk downtown to the Whaling Museum and library, a few errands, and then playing in the backyard before my Zumba class tonight. Maintenance has been a great learning experience, I'm still trying new things and watching how my body reacts, but so far I'm still within a pound of where I finished and feel great!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #15  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It's been crazy on my end, kids are on school vacation this week and I took the week off from work, so I plan to keep them on the go! Today will be a walk downtown to the Whaling Museum and library, a few errands, and then playing in the backyard before my Zumba class tonight. Maintenance has been a great learning experience, I'm still trying new things and watching how my body reacts, but so far I'm still within a pound of where I finished and feel great!
Have a great week with your kids, I love your posts because your are so knowledgeable. Congrats on your maintenance success, I am learning from you. I hope you are not anyone near the terrible events from yesterday's tragedy in Boston.
Closed Thread