South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My thoughts and prayers are with all the families and people affected by the horrible tragedy in Boston, and, like Ruth said, I pray there are no copycat repeaters.

Ruth, please give Barb my regards and I hope she's recuperating well.

It promises to be a glorious Spring day here, and I'm hoping to find time to to work in Cindy's flower beds, although there's not too much to do, but I'll look for any excuse to be outdoors.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ruth, yes - what a horrible event in Boston. I imagine (although I don't live there) that not knowing exactly who is responsible is very anxiety producing too. Having lived through a terrorist attack I can tell you that it can be life changing - positive for some, negative for others. I'm going to pray for everyone in Boston and especially for those still in the hospital and those who died. It really hit home that an 8 year old child died; my son is 8.

In more mundane news, my boss is out this WHOLE week so things are very relaxed at work, and we are all having an opportunity to do some office clean up and catch up. Personally this morning I have a mammo/sono appointment, and today is one of my early days to leave work and pick up my son so we're going to go into the city to pick up some things from the Container Store - I have most of an Elfa closet set up, just missing a few items. Then I can attack my clothes closet, which since we moved has sort of become a dumping ground. Although I'm normally pretty on top of paper filing, with buying and selling a place at the same time I dealt with so much paper for months I haven't had the fortitude to do any filing and have just been putting things in a big bin.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I too was shocked (but not surprised) at the Boston bombing. People are freaks. I am grateful though - my neighbor is one of the best trail runners in the nation, and pretty darned fast at a marathon (sub 3). She went last year to Boston, and because of the hot weather was offered to delay it, which she declined. Phew.

It is typical rainy April here - but everything is turning so GREEN!!! I have to drop my van off at the shop (uh-oh, might need an umbrella to walk to work), and a long day at work. Nothing too exciting.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, the site is really messed up today!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday Chat On The Beach - April 16

A catchy title seems inappropriate this morning after the tragedy in Boston yesterday. What a horrible event! Sure hope there are no copycats around for the Ottawa Marathon next month. Ottawa actually has 10K more runners than Boston.

Busy day yesterday and ended up wasting some time in town - an address screw-up on my part and I did not have my phone with me. I ran out of time and did not get the baking supplies at Bulk Barn. Guess that'll happen tomorrow because I have Good Food Box and a dental appointment this morning and need to cook supper for my pal Barb who is just home from hospital. She has one of those guys who can take a car apart but can't cook and egg!

Looks like a rainy day ahead but tomorrow will be sunny and warm. I was hoping to get some garden clean-up done but it'll have to wait now. I have clay soil and it's criminal to walk on it when it's wet.

On we go with Tuesday.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My goodness! The site is really screwed up this morning, and I couldn't get on at all last night for a while. Hopefully, IB is on it and will get everything straightened out.

Tammy, congratulations on your new pup! She's adorable! Have you decided on a name yet?

MmcK, have fun at the Container Store! I love that place, and especially the Elfa shelving.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Wow, this place is out of whack this morning

We went on a small hike that turned into a mini-adventure last night when we realized we were on the wrong path. How hard could it be to just follow the pond?! Our phones showed us where the pond was and we just kept cutting across little ridges until we got back to the edge of the pond. The dog had a marvelous time (as those of you on facebook know ) and it was all fun. Should have had better shoes but it was a great way to spend an afternoon. We have discovered that if we can get out and do something right after work on these longer days it almost feels like a weekend.

Okay, time to get this day moving. Lots to do, of course, and the landlord wants to show the apt. at 6. Hope the sun is shining and spring has sprung where you are.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, we were messed up last night. At first I thought the Net had blown up but could get in elsewhere. Just put corned beef into the crockpot for Barb's supper tonight. I'll do roasted potatoes and cabbage to accompany it but will do that later. I plan to just take over the food and leave as I remember how I felt the first few days after that knee operation. (I'll save myself some meat and cabbage before I take it over.)
Old 04-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Prayers to all of those affected by the bombing, one of my encouragement newsletter no excuses workout owner runs every year and he was there yesterday but found out him and his family are okay, thank goodness.

Okay off to study before class starts this a.m.

Have a wonderful day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 04-16-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good afternoon.

I've been to yoga, the store, and then caught up with watching the news from Boston. My SIL was evacuated from the subway after the bombing; her brother ran the marathon but, fortunately, was ahead of the explosions so they all made it out safely.

I just had the roasted cabbage for lunch. (With a TJs turkey burger, no bun, of course.) I liked it and will have it again.

Still need to get in a treadmill walk.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good evening I tried posting earlier, but the Internet was wonky

Been glued to the news, radio, phone like everyone else. So incredibly tragic. the act is cowardly enough, but not knowing who or why changes how we go about our lives. I actually feel guilty being off and not at work.

Stayed close to home after my road test (I passed my CDL). Coconut seems a little better today, which is a huge relief. I was really worried about him. Poor little guy

Took a nap today, will go for a ride tomorrow. Just not feeling it today. A little off plan the past few days doesn't help either. Oh well
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi!
I never got here this morning. We had 12" of wet snow and I slept in for some reason...(tired??) My prework was spent shoveling (of course after coffee).

Tomorrow is a day off so I'll see you all then.
Closed Thread