Old 04-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Default how to get back on plan,

I have been doing MRC since last june, I lost 40ish pounds and then I stalled out in august when I started back at college, I maintained throughout the holidays renewed in December and still have been stalled out, I know that part of it is that I'm not doing the program 100%. & I can't seem to wrap my head back around it all. Then this past march (4 weeks ago to be exact) my 9 year old son passed away after a lifelong battle with heart disease. with all the comfort food that people brought us I gained back 10-15 lbs, my center put my account on hold until I am ready to come back but I want to lose the 10-15 lbs I gained before I go back but I just am having such a hard time getting back to it. any advice in improving my will power? I need to figure out another outlet for stress other than food.
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Angela, I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a child is the hardest thing you will ever face. I lost my only son in an accident and am still devistated by it and it's been many years. I always say, if you can get through that, you can get through anything.

My husband died in November and Mom 10 days later. I'm a stress eater too. I went to the doctor and she put me on Zoloft for a couple of months. That really helped and I lost 10 lbs with no effort. You may need to do something like that. Since then, I have just been cutting out milk, bread, potatoes and sweets. It seems to be working fairly well.

I gained 35 lbs last year while taking care of my ill husband. I wasn't eating right and then the stress eating too.
TheWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

I have thought about getting on something like that but I'm afraid that it would make me gain weight LOL that would be my luck
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #4  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Try some 5-HTP or Dopa Muca.
http://www.moodcure.com/

I also don't really believe in willpower. One of the reasons that MRC is so successful is because their plan focuses on rebalancing people biochemically.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4679728-post4.html

Make sure you start with a good multi-vitamin and essential fatty acid like krill oil. You can start with cutting all the processed foods out of your diet- and even adding in All Day Weight Loss. I love it. https://weightlossmrc.com/store/prod...ay-weight-loss

You can purchase all the MRC products online.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #5  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post

I also don't really believe in willpower. One of the reasons that MRC is so successful is because their plan focuses on rebalancing people biochemically.

Make sure you start with a good multi-vitamin and essential fatty acid like krill oil. You can start with cutting all the processed foods out of your diet- and even adding in All Day Weight Loss. I love it. https://weightlossmrc.com/store/prod...ay-weight-loss

Yes this is true but after you reach your weight loss goal and go onto maintenance they give you a certain amount of calories to follow and you are pretty much on your own from then on, i've been struggling with maintenance since jan and i feel totally lost, i still go weigh in every two weeks and i've gained 7lbs, but they just tell me to go back to the green menu for 2-3 days to lose it but then go back to counting calories, and adding the carbs back during stabilization has caused all the cravings to come back. It's a great program but no different the all the others, you lose the weight but maintaining it is the hardest part!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:43 PM   #6  

Angela,
Sorry for your loss. I have a 2 yr old and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't worry about him for no apparent reason other than I can only imagine how hard it would be to lose him. I spent many, many years in therapy to help solve my emotional eating issues. Have you considered getting some professional help? Sometimes it's just nice to talk to someone from an outside point of view who can help and possibly prescribe something. In the mean time, maybe start trying to get in a little exercise- a walk around the block is good. I find that if I get some exercise it helps motivate me to eat better. A quote from my favorite movie, Legally Blonde, "exercise give you endorphins, endorphins make you happy." Best of luck!
NotaFatBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Angela and The Wanderer, my heart goes out to you. I am very, very sorry for what must be unendurable pain.

It may be that you actually need to go to the center to get inspired even though going back with a weight gain is hard. I think the counselors will be very encouraging. Motivation comes from all different sources for me: books, Three Fat Chicks, and reading about other diets that are similar to MRC.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #8  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post

lunarsongbird: I purchased the book the diet cure, can't wait to start reading it, I too read a lot of books and read the forums on here. I went back on the green menu yesterday and this morning I was down 2.2 lbs yay!! Thank for all your advise I so appreciate it.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
lunarsongbird: I purchased the book the diet cure, can't wait to start reading it, I too read a lot of books and read the forums on here. I went back on the green menu yesterday and this morning I was down 2.2 lbs yay!! Thank for all your advise I so appreciate it.
Hi Skelly...I haven't been here in awhile. I've been gaining and losing the same two pounds for the last few months. I hope all is well with you.

Aw.. I am so so sorry to here that you lost a child. My prayers will go out for you. I can't even imagine what your going through. I certainly think it is understandable if you take a break from your diet for a little while!
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #10  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarty View Post
Hi Skelly...I haven't been here in awhile. I've been gaining and losing the same two pounds for the last few months. I hope all is well with you.

Aw.. I am so so sorry to here that you lost a child. My prayers will go out for you. I can't even imagine what your going through. I certainly think it is understandable if you take a break from your diet for a little while!
Hey cmarty: I was wondering where you have been, i'm good, just been trying to figure out this maintenance ordeal, i gained 7lbs but i just went back on the green menu and I've lost 3.2lbs of it so i'm getting back to where i was before i gained. It's just hard but that's life i guess. Glad to see you are doing okay. Keep in touch