Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 4/15/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #2  

Happy Monday!

If you are new (and good reminders for the rest of us)
Read the Stickies at the top of the forum and the first post of this thread where you will find TONS of links

There is rarely a reason to start a new thread. Most are duplicates (triplicates, quadriplicates, etc), if you spend some time reading & learning.

The search feature works but it takes a try or two to figure it out. Be patient!

When you read back to older threads BE CAREFUL! Look at the date the person posted before you reply directly to them. Some folks have phased off and left (or just left not getting to goal, unfortunately). You can still reply to the thread.

Have a great OP day and don't forget to share your successes with all of us!

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-15-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Oh Lisa, I wish it really was Saturday

Hope everybody had a great OP weekend and is ready for a new week!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:21 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Oh Lisa, I wish it really was Saturday
Me too!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/225/150

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Monday everyone! Have a busy week ahead, hubby is out of town all week so think I will surprise him by staining the decks this week. Wish me luck! It's great to feel good!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/144/135.

Height: 5'2"

Default Happy Monday! WI today, going to phase 3, worried

Leaving for cruise in 2 weeks so today, well, actually tomorrow, i will be switching to phase 3. Did a lit of reading this weekend. Nervious about getting the bpnumbers right and man, breakfast seems like a lot of food. I need to find an app that is easy and can figure that all out for me. My plan is to go to alternatives phase 1 when we get back until i get a bit lower.

Tomorrow, my day off . Will be hair cut and color, eye dr. Exam and going to our youngest track meet. High tomorrow is like 42.....bbbbuuurrrrrrrrr

Have a great week everyone!

J
Old 04-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Well there wont be any staining of decks in this neck of the woods.... We are having another YES another snow storm today. It is wet snow with winds blowing. Temp is right at the 32 ( freezing mark ) . Wondering if it will ever end .
Anyways peeps have a awesome day, my WI is tomorrow
Old 04-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #8  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Well there wont be any staining of decks in this neck of the woods.... We are having another YES another snow storm today. It is wet snow with winds blowing. Temp is right at the 32 ( freezing mark ) . Wondering if it will ever end .
We had snow all weekend. There is no snow in the forecast today and highs of +2. Not sure where you are, but it seems your weather follows mine, so guessing you are east of me. If that is the case, the snow will end eventually. . No more snow in until possibly Thursday. Sheesh, we are having a beautiful January, too bad it's April!

2 weeks until the opening so I am busy getting pieces ready for the Market.

I am now comfortably into a size 7 jeans, but I am not getting rid of my size 9 pants until after I am in maintenance.

I am thinking that with all the fat gone, if I started working out again, my muscles should show the results rather quickly.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:28 AM   #9  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
So much for global warming, huh? We are sposed to be almost 60°F today. I'll send you warm thoughts!

SIL weighed in this morning...6.8 lbs! She has lost 12.8 in her first two weeks and I think she's going to stick with it this time! She isn't complaining about the plan or the food or being hungry or wanting to eat something that is not OP! I am so happy for her!

I am officially in a stall but I know it's because of the workouts...I believe that I am still losing fat but gaining muscle so I am just gonna keep on keepin' on!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/136.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Well little disappointed. I only lost 0.6lbs for week 2 WI. I stayed OP all weekend through night shift, birthday party, staying in a hotel, and a baby christianing. I packed all my food. The only thing is my family has a little bug so I don't know if that would make any difference. But I tell you if I don't lose this week it my be hard to stay OP. I guess maybe I should lay off the 1 restricted item and just eat 3 unrestricted . I know they suggest you not eat restricted items for the first 2 weeks but I wanted to try some. And know I should be able to but i'm thinking maybe not. At this rate 19 lbs will never come off! Totally bummed! And more snow here today. We need the moisture but wish it came in the winter and spring would be here now! Have a good Monday everyone.

Last edited by Funky monkey; 04-15-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Starting my Monday off doing a happy dance!
Jumped on my home scale this morning and am in the 230's..I'm so happy I could cry.
Thank you IP! I had given up ever being thin and IP is proving I can do it!
Next the 220's!
Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 242/225/150

Height: 5' 7"

Sorry for all the cold weather and snow everyone is still having, I'm sure your tired of it! Sending WARM wishes to you all.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Warm thoughts to all the northerners from Florida - high in the mid-80s today. But I feel your pain, I lived in NY up until 6 years ago. It is hard adjusting to permanent summer.

I am going to start posting more in teh daily - I could really use the extra support while in this massive stall. I love when I read posts and see how so many of you have such faith - that is something that has always been hard for me in a variety of areas. But when I read those posts, it reminds me that I can have it too.

Crazy week coming up at work this week and trying to keep the boss on an even emotional keel can be a challenge (I'm an Executive Assistant to a CEO). He wears me out emotionally and mentally. He is a hardcore micromanager that has a crappy memory and is very insecure. But I keep dreaming and planning my own business in my head and one day that will come to fruition.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Kat

Current Weight - 184
Old 04-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #14  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky monkey View Post
Well little disappointed. I only lost 0.6lbs for week 2 WI. I stayed OP all weekend through night shift, birthday party, staying in a hotel, and a baby christianing. I packed all my food. The only thing is my family has a little bug so I don't know if that would make any difference. But I tell you if I don't lose this week it my be hard to stay OP. I guess maybe I should lay off the 1 restricted item and just eat 3 unrestricted . I know they suggest you not eat restricted items for the first 2 weeks but I wanted to try some. And know I should be able to but i'm thinking maybe not. At this rate 19 lbs will never come off! Totally bummed! And more snow here today. We need the moisture but wish it came in the winter and spring would be here now! Have a good Monday everyone.
in the first 3 days I lost 4 lbs, at the end of the first 2 weeks I lost only 8, 10 in the two weeks following and 4 in the two weeks following that. 22lbs in 6 weeks. Be patient it will come off, you will be rewarded for staying OP. I have eaten restricted from day 1, don't deprive yourself of them. Make sure to drink lots of water and follow the program because it works. Spring will arrive eventually.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #15  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky monkey View Post
Take a deep breathe and relax. It could be because of any number of things (TOM, constipation, bloating, etc), and don't give up the restricted. Weight losses will vary week to week, but you are still losing. Grab 2 sticks of butter from the fridge and take a good look at it. Those 2 sticks of butter is the equivalent to the fat you lost this week.

I bet next week will be a better WI.
Closed Thread