UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #1  

Default Pounds or inches?

Hi all. I am struggling today with what the scales are saying, last time I weighed myself I was apparently 4lb heavier though I find it hard to imagine where the extra pounds came from as my calorie intake wasn't enough to put on 4lb, I put it down to possibly being de hydrated. I weighed in today and there has been 0 change. I measured myself yesterday and had lost 2-4 inches from my hips, waist and bust which made me feel better but I am so frustrated at the numbers on the scales.

I know I shouldn't get fixated on the weigh in but having everyone ask "how much have you lost now?" is so annoying.

Does anyone else her take to measuring over weighing?
nichola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I do anytime. Inches reflect how you look like. I lost many more inches than are reflected on my scale. And gaining muscle through exercise motivated me a lot more than loosing lbs on a scale. In fact it kept me going when I did not lose weight. If you are setting yourself up for daily frustration, you will never reach your goal. So, learn to use the scale as a means to stay on track long-term. But take measurements and pictures and realize that you have to put in some hard work for a while.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #3  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I like the scale, but only because it's a lot easier than inches. I almost never measure myself. Which is silly because I work out a lot and have put on a lot of muscle - muscle I can see. I'm sure I LOOK like I've lost more than have. Inches are MUCH MORE important than pounds.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:47 AM   #4  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

I concentrate on both! I've noticed that my image in the mirror changes more often than the scales. In fact, in the past 7 days I'm 90% certain my stomach has shrunk, but my scales have remained unchanged. Today I weighed 400 grams heavier than yesterday. I keep my eyes on the scales because I'm meticulous and it's easier to name how much weight of lost, but I prefer to look in the mirror to see changes in weight
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I do both. I use the scale daily and the measuring tape every 4 weeks. I know for sure that the inches are so much more important than the scale, especially since I'm trying to build muscle. The last 3 weeks had been terrible for me weight loss wise. I barely lost a pound, however I lost 1.5 inches off my butt and that made me feel awesome. Knowing that my thunder thighs are shrinking and my waist is getting tiny makes me feel so much better than the number on the scale.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #6  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

The last 2 weeks I have lost 2lbs (yup.. 2lbs) I would have usually lost at least 5 by now but I did lose 1 inches around my waist and 2 around my hips. Which has made the last 2 weeks worth it. So I think it has to be a bit of both.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #7  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I take measurements and fat percentages. My weight fluctuates too much with hormones. I can gain 6 pounds during TOM or OTOM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #8  

I have the same problem with hormones and weight gain. That was probably it tbh... Feeling happy though as my clothes are getting a bit loose so i'll take the victories where I find them hehehe. The weathers taking a turn for the good here as well so that will make exercising out doors a lot nicer
nichola123 is offline   Reply With Quote