Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #1  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

Default checking in

Still a lot going on here, getting things planned for my dad's memorial service in May and dealing with paperwork and various technicalities to help out my mom.

Weightwise, I'm still pretty much in maintenance mode, not trying to actively lose right at the moment, but not going nuts either. I did put on an additional 2 lbs, beyond the 6 lbs that came on pretty much overnight as soon as I stopped by super strict low carb plan. So as of this morning, a total of 8 lbs from my ticker weight (well, technically 7.8 lbs). Posting this here to keep myself honest.

Right now, my plan is to get through this weekend and my birthday on Monday, and then officially restart on Tuesday.

I realized today that I haven't logged in here for a few days, and I am NOT going to let myself just drift away. I have been weighing every 2-3 days, though, and not just hiding my head in the sand.

Looking forward to things continuing to get back to normal (the new normal, at least) and getting myself back on track and regularly posting here too.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #2  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Oh, April- I hadn't heard about your dad. I'm so sorry to hear the news.
Thanks for not drifting away....I'd be sad to see you go!
:: hugs ::

I'm glad that you are still keeping your head up. There are so many cliche things I want to say, but well...they would be cliche. -_-

I'm sending you lots of warm and comforting thoughts! When did your mom get back?
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #3  

Hi April!! We miss you!!! I'm glad you posted an update. I was thinking about you but wanted to give you your space. We will be here for you when you are ready to come back. Take the time you need, of course, but hurry up!!! Your contributions on this board are so helpful, you are very missed.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #4  
the muse of memory

I'm also glad to hear from you. I'm really impressed with your grace and fortitude under the circumstances, and will send good vibes that your 'back-on-track' plan works the way you want it to work.
mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #5  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

So sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts are with you and your family.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #6  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I was wondering why I haven't seen you around. I hope you can get things taken care of and get back to your normal routine. Hope things get better for you!!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #7  
Dukanista

Thanks everyone! I'm so glad I posted today, both for the support, and also reinforcing my commitment to myself that I am not going to drift away and re-gain like I did the last time (and the time before that and the time before that, etc., etc., etc.).
Old 04-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #8  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Good to know you're still around April.
charliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #10  
Dukanista

Thanks everyone.

I'm at 234.6 today down .6 from my high when I posted a few days ago. So right now, I am up 7.2 from my ticker. For now, I'm leaving my ticker alone because that is what feels most motivating. But I could end up changing it at some point, if that changes and I feel like doing so will be helpful to me.

I'm actually very pleased about this .6 loss because it proves to me that I can actually maintain my weight and will be able to do so once I get to the maintenance phase of my plan. Don't get me wrong, of course I need to buckle down and get back on my plan and start focusing on losing some more real weight. But that loss includes going out to dinner last night for pizza of all things. So with that extra sodium and still showing a loss? I am psyched.

I feel like I have truly changed my relationship with food - one of the specific goals of my particular plan. I had a couple of small pieces of pizza and some salad, and easily stopped eating because I was full and satisfied. In the past, I would have eaten at least 2 more pieces of pizza just because it tasted good, and I'm not sure I would have even been thinking about whether I had enough the way I did last night.

I have more restaurant meals today and tomorrow (my birthday is tomorrow) and then one more next week. But I feel comfortable that I can make good choices and eat reasonable portions, and not get derailed by this anymore, and the rest of the time, eat on my strict plan so I can get back to ticker weight and continue making forward progress.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #11  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Awesome, April! Have you read anything about Intuitive Eating and honoring your hunger? I think you would like it!
http://www.intuitiveeating.org/conte...tuitive-eating
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #12  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

I am so glad you checked in.. I really missed your words and thoughts. I am glad that you are hanging in there. You have such a stressful and sad work ahead of you (with Dad and your family) I send you whatever strength you need.

and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY just in case I miss you posting ..... I hope it is the best that you can make it, but that you get a whole bunch of hugs and love!!
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #13  
Dukanista

Hi Everyone-

this past week was tough - I think the fact that it was the one month anniversary hit me harder than I expected. And as someone who lived in Boston for almost 25 years, the events there have been very distressing, although fortunately, everyone I know was ok (although many were in fact at the marathon as spectators). So all in all, not a good week emotionally.

However, I'm still hanging in there and maintaining - I was 234.0 this morning, down .6 since my last WI.

I'm very pleased that I've been able to maintain like this, and it really says a lot about my new "normal" in terms of what and how much I eat. I realized that I'm still automatically eating pretty low carb much of the time, but not all of the time. That was a big concern for me, whether starting to incorporate moderate amounts of grains and starches would be a trigger and I'm finding that they aren't. And I think I am much better attuned to how much food I need to eat to feel satisfied.

Today my co-workers are taking me out to lunch for my birthday so I will enjoy that and then I am actually prepped and ready to start back on plan for real tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, I think that I will feel better physically than I have been.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #14  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

I'm sorry for your loss :hugs:.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #15  
Dukanista

thank you Precious Missy!!