Old 04-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #287 Bale of Turtles Moving Forward!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good heath and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all.
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'll be with my dd and new granddaughter for the next short while. I'll chime in when I can. Wishing the best to stay on track for all of us!
Judy
Old 04-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone and happy Thursday! Back from vacation - lots of fun and lots of weight gain but I had a good time and will be back on the wagon to get off the extra pounds that I am sure was gained

Hope everyone is having a great week...
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Princess - glad you enjoyed your vacation and are back on track.

I have been "socially busy" and was up 2# last night at Tops. So definately have to cut back on food functions. Some things I attend I can skip the dinner part and just join in on the activity. So that is my plan for next week.

Hope everyone is doing well and can chime in when they can.

Judy - hope you are having a good time.

Terri - well, our weather is finally warming up. Crazy it was snowing here Wed evening.

All - good luck at the scales this week!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #5  
Chick

Okay Turtles,
I see Bandit and Princess are ready for another challenge.
Let's start a challenge now through end of May.
I'll go to the challenge thread and post my goals.
I have been with my dd and baby very very often over the last couple of weeks. It's wonderful and exhausting.
My weight has stabilized, but it is stabilizing much too high. Time for me to get cracking. Since we are so busy I have decided that the only way to handle food that 's high in calories is to eat less of it. Sending best wishes to all!
Judy
Old 04-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #6  

Hello Everyone and happy Monday! I am back on track with my eating today and got in a small walk on my lunch break. The sun is trying to come out here which would be wonderful, it has been rainy and gloomy here and I think that most everyone is ready for the sun and warm weather to get here... I know I am!

I will get back to my TOPS meetings on Thursdays and my WW meetings and W/I's on Saturdays and hopefully that will help to keep me on track.

I will head over to the other thread and post some goals!

Have a great day everyone!
Princess
Old 04-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone. I am doing okay. My eating has been out of control lately but thanks to work its not showing yet. Umm they have switched my halls again at work so I am feeling so so about that.

I have to start tracking again. Exercise is not really happening outside of work. I am about four lbs from my 10% so I figure if I buckle down and track I should make that soon.

Hope everyone is well.

Last edited by life4evr; 04-29-2013 at 04:27 PM.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #8  
Chick

Life4evr, making your 10% will be awesome!!!! Here's : to do it.
I know you can! Yay.

Princess, I like your plan with TOPS and WW. Also it's great your eating is back on track.

Isn't it funny how we go off track so easily and then without any real reason we are back to doing what is good for us. : I check in here when I can, but I've been spending just about 1/2 the week with my dd and new granddaughter. My eating has finally turned around for the better and I'm grateful for that.

: to all of us.
Bandit, I like that you're looking into social activities without the food. Makes sense for right now. I had been at 182, then climbed to 190, then 196 and look where I am now. ugh----so I hope we can all figure out what to do when and then do it.
Judy
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #9  

Hi turtles:

On track & counting every blt (bite, lick, taste) and only have 1 social dinner I have commited to this week, so that is good. Went bowling last night and had dinner at home beforehand.

Life - making 10% is a real accomplishment, so hang in there!

Princess - nice job on being on track & getting in some walks.

Judy - nice you are spending time with dd and gd. I think if we can acknowledge our challenges and get back on track as soon as we can, it makes a big difference in the damage we do when side-tracked.
I know for me, when I am good I do really well but then when I fall off the old ww wagon I undo the good very quickly.

I heard something funny today & I don't want to offend any of you ladies but I had not heard this before, and it made me laugh.
One of the ladies I know referred to her dd with a husband as
DINKS which she said was "double income no kids"
Had to pass along - have a good evening.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #10  

Hello everyone and happy Wednesday! Sunny and warm day here.... loving it! Got the yard work done yesterday after work so that is all done for a day or two, hard to say since the grass is growing like crazy with all the rain we have had!

When I was on vacation I stopped by a little local book shop and the gal that worked there recommended a book to me and I will pass that info along to you gals that like "The Help" which I loved the book, enjoyed the movie but thought the book went much deeper into some of the personalities.

This one is called "The Dry Grass of August" by Anna Jean Mayhew and I finished it in no time, really enjoyed it.

I got in my walk on Monday and today and yesterday mowed the yard so am on track with my exercise. I am still nibbling a bit during the day and need to get that under control but over all it is much better. Will take the dogs for a little walk this evening as they are wanting to get out and enjoy this wonderful weather also.

This coming Sunday I am doing a breakfast meal for my DS's girlfriend - she works second shift as a nurses aide so a lunch or dinner is hard to do. I am looking thru my WW cookbooks to come up with a couple of recipes that will feed everyone and still keep it festive for her b-day. The good news is that I will not be doing a cake since it is a breakfast...

Looks like everyone is getting their goals and game plans in place - Fabulous!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Another sunny and pretty day here! I got my 3 mile walk away the pounds walk in this morning and will take the pups to the park for a quick walk on my lunch hour - did not get it in last night but they will enjoy it just as much today.

I have my TOPS meeting tonight and even with the scale being up since the last time I was there I am looking forward to see what that group has been up to so it should be fun.

The grandbaby is coming to spend the evening with us tonight while his mommy goes to class so that will be fun too.... he can walk with me to my meeting and then home and he will enjoy that.

Anyone tried any new recipes lately? I have been looking thru my cook books again trying to find new things to make, I get tired of the same things all the time

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #12  

Hi turtles

Beautiful day up here as well, so loving that.

I am going to try making zuccini tots this weekend, which sounds yummy for a snack or sidedish. Will let you know if they are good.
I too, have just been mostly having the same foods.
With weather being nice, I will be having more big salads which is always a nice meal. Last night I had big salad & topped with a tuna/mayo mixture.

Princess - good luck tonight at Tops. I also have my meeting tonight & really hoping for the scale to be down tonight. I am assistant weight recorder now, so that is different. Some ladies get so nervous before getting on the scale which surprised me. And if they gain, I try to lift their spirits and get them motivated for upcoming week.

All - good luck at the scales!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #13  

Bandit: you are sooo nice to try and make those with a gain feel better! What a fantastic thing to do! Good luck to you too, I know I have a gain but will go with it...
Old 05-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #14  
Chick

Oh glad to see you gals posting here. I've been spending 14hour days at my dd helping with the granddaughter. I realized we would be eating crazy foods (I'd cook but my dd is averse to almost everything right now---a leftover from being pregnant). To solve this I have been letting myself get a little hungry, postponing meals, and eating less. What a novel concept.
Glad you gals are back at TOPS. I'm empty headed about new meals right now, but if I think of anything I'll post it.
Scale stopped moving up and is starting to edge down. I'll post my weight over on our challenge thread.
Good luck to us all. Princess and Bandit and Life, you've got me inspired again. thanks.
Judy
234.6/200/180's and thinner.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #15  
Chick

oooops, I just checked out our challenge thread and I weighed in on Mon. so I won't record my weight today-----Next monday will be fine.
Here's to all of us!
Judy