Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 09:54 AM   #1  
LC Rooster

Default Blimpie's

Atkin's followers have gained yet another supporter. This time it's Blimpie's (a sub-sandwich shop).

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...rants_carbs_dc

I still have yet to try any low-carb breads (most opinion seems to be that they are awful), but they must have found some decent ones for them to attempt this.

Also, in local news (not part of this article), was an announcement that Heinz will be releasing low-carb ketchup next year.

In case the article goes away, here's the rundown.

Blimpie's will begin offering low-carb subs on their menu. They will all be normal-sized 6-inch subs, and will run between 7 to 8.5 net carbs each. One example given was a roast beef and cheddar sandwich with a wasabi sauce on 7-grain bread.

It also mentions that McDonalds is testing a low-carb menu (as part of a larger diet-friendly menu) in the New York area.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:04 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

For some reason, it sounds to good to be true... I'd give them a while to be on the market b/4 I'd try them. It just seems like everyone's jumping on the $$$ band wagon so fast - its scary

Heinz makes gravy thats 2 - 3 carbs per 1/4 cup, depending on which flavor you buy. Boston Market is the name. I tried the turkey and its pretty good, thinner then I like but when your missing gravy like I am its wonderful
Old 10-15-2003, 12:00 PM   #3  
Head Princess

This is great! Where I live, the low carb lifestyle is becoming very popular. Every grocery store has a low carb section and there's low carb stores everywhere.

I don't care if they are motivated by money - who isn't? What's important is that word is getting out and people are changing their lives.

Thanks for sharing, Brad!
Old 10-15-2003, 01:04 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

What scares me about places jumpin on the band wagon to fast is that they will miss lead the public. I just hope they are all honest.

Signed, Thomas
Closed Thread