Old 04-13-2013, 03:16 AM   #1  

Question question/IP shake vanilla no potassium vs. Choclate? with Potassium??

Here I go again about Potassium...hello all!
Im just starting diet and im curious about the potassium in the ideal protein shakes...

vanilla doesn't have potassium (according to label I saw online)
Chocklate does

so what if somebody has 3 chocolate shakes a day?? plus there supplement and through food? Is that too much? Versus having three vanilla shakes and supplements, food, would that be too little?

im trying to find alternatives and have found the jay robb protein powder but now not sure about it cause it has 390mg potassium a serving and I would be taking it three times a day. Please help.
inot700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by inot700 View Post
Here I go again about Potassium...hello all!
Im just starting diet and im curious about the potassium in the ideal protein shakes...

vanilla doesn't have potassium (according to label I saw online)
Chocklate does

so what if somebody has 3 chocolate shakes a day?? plus there supplement and through food? Is that too much? Versus having three vanilla shakes and supplements, food, would that be too little?

im trying to find alternatives and have found the jay robb protein powder but now not sure about it cause it has 390mg potassium a serving and I would be taking it three times a day. Please help.
With the Jay Robb I think you should be more concerned that the protein is too high per serving for the calorie content. Typical IP packets are about half the protein you told us in another thread.

If you are trying to mimic IP products with this as an alternative, itnlooksmlikemit misses the mark, as I mentioned in your other thread about this product.

Unfortunately, now there are two threads so others don't have all the info to answer the question completely.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-13-2013 at 06:11 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #3  

thank you lisa. Yes the protein is higher in Jay Robb (25mg) that's true. But too much Potassium or too little Potassium is dangerous too, so I am confused why Vanilla packets have no potassium and Chocolate packets of the Ideal Protein diet. When people are taking extra potassium too. If someone drinks chocolate they are getting extra potassium...or is it Potassium is not as big a deal as i thought?
Old 04-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #4  

correction...chocolate packets do have potassium....im adding this in cause i didn't type it correctly....
Old 04-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #5  

if no one is sure can somebody ask their coach and let us know?
Old 04-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #6  

Anybody know if this potassium deal in the shakes is a big deal or not?...
Old 04-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by inot700 View Post
Anybody know if this potassium deal in the shakes is a big deal or not?...
PM Scorbett. She might know.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #8  

thank you Lisa, I will PM Scorbett. Thank you Lolo70 for you input as well, makes sense. Ill write back what else I find out.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Sorry, I've been out of the loop for a few days - kids are on school vacation this week so we're busy!

Adults require about 4700 mg potassium daily. That includes potassium from ALL sources. Most of what you get is going to come from the veggies we are eating every day (another reason they are so important) and the packets. A 99mg potassium citrate tablet contains 3% of the RDA of potassium, so it's not like you're getting half your daily potassium intake from the pill. It IS one of those minerals where a small deficiency can make a big difference, so you shouldn't skip it, but according to the Jay Robb label, the chocolate shake only adds 11% of the RDA of potassium. Neither the pill nor the shake is going to make you overdose on potassium.

That said - I would not recommend having the Jay Robb shakes as all 3 of your supplements. They are 25g protein each as compared with 15-18g protein each for IP packets. That plus your 8g meat protein a day might be overdoing it.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 04-15-2013 at 09:08 AM.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #10  

Thanks Scorbett for clearing that up!