Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #1  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

Default Undergarments for your body type? What?

I have never ever EVER stepped a single toe into this thread...Ever. Why in the world would I want to talk about shopping? I hate shopping...and apparently it's because I hated my body.

I have covered up for YEARS. And today in the 100 lb club- we started talking about body types- and I took a very honest look at my body.
I took pictures. I looked at them through the eyes of 3FC...and I kinda liked what I saw, but was very surprised...

Didn't like what I saw so much when I was all covered up. Not so flattering.
Boy cut bottoms? Not so awesome....
A string bikini? Hey, hey....who's that?!

How could that POSSIBLY be?! How could someone that weighs over 200 pounds look better with less on?! My body type. Ooooh....

And then it occurred to me- I really should, in fact...I really DESERVE to be honoring my body and dressing it in items that flatter it.

So has anyone else had this epiphany with undergarments? Do you buy things that flatter your body from the inside out?

Is this going to absolutely change my life? Because I kind of feel like it's going to.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #2  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

You can definitely see a diff in how you dress your body with undergarments. Maybe I should look into more flattering things...
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #3  
Living Intuitively

It's amazing. I have never wanted to look at my body long enough to figure out what works for my body. But it makes such a difference, don't you think?

I think this link interesting: http://www.intimatewholesalers.com/L...ide/-a/268.htm
I don't really think any of their stuff is that pretty, but the descriptions for body types seem spot on.

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 04-12-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #4  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

When it comes to undergarments. I'm all for a good fitting bra and undies that don't show lines and are comfy, but other than that, that's it.

I saw your comment on the other thread about not having any matching underwear and bras. I didn't even realize people DID that until a friend of mine told me that she cannot stand mismatching bras and underwear. She has matching ones for every day.

it's funny, because she works from home as a cake baker/decorator and wears sweats and a t-shirt every, single, day. In summer, a pair of baggy shorts and a t-shirt. Yet, she has cute and matching bras and undies underneath (or so she tells me).

Now, for me, who is large chested, it's all about finding what fits - matching? Puhlease... And wearing a new one every day? Um... no... not in the budget and why? Each bra costs no less than $35 and can be double that easily.

So.. I don't get the whole undergarment thing - save having the FIT be right. Other than that... pffft. Now... the OUTER clothes - those matter - a lot. (to me).
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #5  
Living Intuitively

I have SO much to learn when it comes to fashion. LOL. I think I will need to start a pinterest page for pear shape clothing.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I always have three bras--two beige, one black--but then tons of fun panties that coordinate (like navy polka dot panties have to go with beige bra, black and white butterfly panties have to go with black bra). When I was a manager in an intimate apparel department, I found out a lot of people wear the wrong size panties in addition to the wrong size bra. A small is a 4-6, medium 8-10, large 12-14, extra large 16-18, etc., just like shirts.

Useful bra tip of the day: always buy at least two. You should never wear the same bra two days in a row because the elastic doesn't have time to recover its shape.

Last edited by stella1609; 04-13-2013 at 12:06 AM.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW 228/CW 138/GW 130-150

Height: 5'3.5

Dressing for your body shape is very important. Inside and out. :-)
dstalksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:49 AM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1609 View Post
I always have three bras--two beige, one black--but then tons of fun panties that coordinate (like navy polka dot panties have to go with beige bra, black and white butterfly panties have to go with black bra). When I was a manager in an intimate apparel department, I found out a lot of people wear the wrong size panties in addition to the wrong size bra. A small is a 4-6, medium 8-10, large 12-14, extra large 16-18, etc., just like shirts.

Useful bra tip of the day: always buy at least two. You should never wear the same bra two days in a row because the elastic doesn't have time to recover its shape.
uh oh...i only own one bra and i wear it every day...oops....i have another one too, technically, but the puppy chewed part of it...it's still wearable though
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:50 AM   #9  
L J

S/C/G: 159/138/135 (HW 200)

Height: 5'4"

I have always been a one-bra kind of girl, but something got into me (a heck of a lot of awesome VS coupon codes) recently and I now own 3, plus my workout bra. Its SO NICE to have more than one, and I never wear the same one two days in a row. I work a sweaty job, so sometimes I change when I come home for lunch. LOL.

I agree that I feel much better when I wear undergarments that fit my body type. I like the VS "hipster" panties. Not the low rise hipster, just the regular. I never think about them when I have them on, the just stay where they are supposed to and never sag or show through my clothes.

You look amazing in the bikini! Isn't that awesome? The middle pic, in the skirted thing, doesn't even look like the same body, at all. Throw that away and buy another bikini!
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #10  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarsongbird View Post
So has anyone else had this epiphany with undergarments? Do you buy things that flatter your body from the inside out?
Definitely... I'll be the first to admit that part of losing weight for me is wanting my body to look better... that whole "Look Better Naked" thing... well for me that also means "Look Better Semi-Naked" too... lol... so when I'm running around the house in just my bra and panties getting dressed in the morning I like to like what I'm seeing in the mirror when it comes to undergarments... IDK... something about it just makes me feel more "put together" for the day... so for me what I have on underneath is just as important as what I'm wearing on the outside.. somehow it just feels better to me...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #11  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
Definitely... I'll be the first to admit that part of losing weight for me is wanting my body to look better... that whole "Look Better Naked" thing... well for me that also means "Look Better Semi-Naked" too... lol... so when I'm running around the house in just my bra and panties getting dressed in the morning I like to like what I'm seeing in the mirror when it comes to undergarments... IDK... something about it just makes me feel more "put together" for the day... so for me what I have on underneath is just as important as what I'm wearing on the outside.. somehow it just feels better to me...
I wear Bikini or Hip Huggers and a Bali bra which comes in small and holds the girls up!
I would love to feel confident about running around in my undies....but truth is I don't. I look good with my clothes on ! Repulsive IMO with clothes off!
I don't know which area I should sling over my shoulder first ! My slingies for Breasts,or my Kanga pouch or my Droopy Dog backside.
My husband does not seem to mind .....but me ...this is not what I ever imagined looking like .

I will be under major renovation for quite awhile! Before I am able to look at myself and be satisfied with my efforts!
I believe in always being truthful with myself....and I will remedy this situation ,I will need the assistance of a Great Plastic Surgeon and a Magician to pull this Hot Mess together!
Roo2

Last edited by Roo2; 04-13-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote