Old 04-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Default Share something positive today! :)

I have just been on this diet 1.5 weeks and per the scale today 8+ pounds! I am doing alternatives. I must preface this with the fact that I use a plain unsweetened organic whey called Teras Whey since I cannot tolerate artificial sweeteners and many other food additives.

I just wanted to share that hubby noticed yesterday (our first 80 degree day in VA) when he cam home and I was wearing shorts and a fitted T-shirt. Wow you look smaller already. I notice it in my belly area but he said your legs look thinner too. He was very surprised.

Well today I tried to put on another pair of shorts that were a little baggy (size 14) on me last summer and they are huge. They fall right off! I ran and tried on the shorts I bought in my first trimester and they fit! (JCrew size 12). Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance.
: dance:
Please share some happy recent successes as it helps keep everyone motivated. I am amazed and the amount of shrinkage on this diet. I know it will slow down a bit but I am still excited
charliebear99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #2  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

I think we were doing the same thing this morning!

My closet has been a mess, so as I was straightening it, I began trying things on. I can't believe the difference! Anything that fit me 8 weeks ago is unwearably large now!

I even tried on some of my "someday" clothes and half fit and the other half are in the foreseeable future. I am absolutely stunned. My mouth fell open a couple of times at how nice some things looked. I haven't thought that about ANYTHING I've worn in several years.

I am so excited, after my weigh in this morning, I sat down and had a cry. I am so beside myself to have finally found something that works and feels like it is right for my body. My whole outlook on life is changing -- I am looking forward to the summer for the first time in maybe 10 years. I used to view it as a horrid season of hot weather and too little clothing coverage -- short sleeves, gah! Now, I am looking forward to the summer -- and it's not that I am still thrilled with my arms (I have quite a bit of weight to lose yet), but I feel like I am back in control and that I have a solution. If my arms don't look too good this summer, who cares, I'm on the right track and moving in the right direction. I'll look even better next summer.

Great idea for a thread today -- thanks! And congrats!

Oh, and I see the look on my hubby's face, too . . . priceless!
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #3  

Congrats! It is such a great feeling.

I am getting so excited that I think I can actually get to my goal now. Dare I wish to someday dust off and pull out the tub of my old "skinny" clothes without feeling like it is a pipedream anymore?! LOL

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #4  
Started IP 1/21/13

S/C/G: 213/213/213

Height: 5'5

Congrats!!!
Blessed900711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #5  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

This thread is a great idea! I've been down in the dumps lately and just posted a vent in the rebooters thread. After I posted it I realized I need to be more positive... soooo...

Although I'm not at my lowest weight, I am far from my highest! IP has helped me realize I need to get things under control if I gain a few pounds, rather than waiting until I've gained it all back before I do something about it. I will re-commit to P1 until I am back at my lowest and then phase off properly and enjoy my summer at that weight!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

Great thread!!!

Yesterday I grabbed one of my old sweatshirts that was not tight but not loose either and it was huge I was shocked at how big it was

I am also feeling like I am much more agile on the tennis court. I am taking lessons and feel like I can get around the court much better and bend to reach the ball so much easier
bellasamimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #7  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

My pants keep falling down.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

I'm wearing pants today that are 5 sizes down from when I started in December...!!!
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #9  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
My pants keep falling down.
Hilarious!!!

I went to WI yesterday and the girl at the clinic (not my coach) said "Look how tiny you are!!" I have NEVER been called tiny.

It is so nice to go try on cloths from my closet and have them fit again!
Donna Gel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #10  

Congrats to everyone. I can tell you are all working so hard and I hope to have successes that many of you have had Keeping positive is such a motivator. I'm going to try to keep this attitude every day as much as possible
Old 04-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I slipped into a pair of size 8 pants today! Five weeks ago I could barely fit into my size 12 pants.

I face one of the most stressful days today and did not go off plan.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #12  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
Hilarious!!!

I went to WI yesterday and the girl at the clinic (not my coach) said "Look how tiny you are!!" I have NEVER been called tiny.

It is so nice to go try on cloths from my closet and have them fit again!
Oh, how wonderful to be called tiny. I would love that but being 6' tall, not sure if that description would fit even with a large weight loss! I'm also just beginning to "shop" my closet. Can't wait to buy some new summer clothes.
tallgirl231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #13  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebear99 View Post
I have just been on this diet 1.5 weeks and per the scale today 8+ pounds! I am doing alternatives. I must preface this with the fact that I use a plain unsweetened organic whey called Teras Whey since I cannot tolerate artificial sweeteners and many other food additives.

I just wanted to share that hubby noticed yesterday (our first 80 degree day in VA) when he cam home and I was wearing shorts and a fitted T-shirt. Wow you look smaller already. I notice it in my belly area but he said your legs look thinner too. He was very surprised.

Well today I tried to put on another pair of shorts that were a little baggy (size 14) on me last summer and they are huge. They fall right off! I ran and tried on the shorts I bought in my first trimester and they fit! (JCrew size 12). Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance.
: dance:
Please share some happy recent successes as it helps keep everyone motivated. I am amazed and the amount of shrinkage on this diet. I know it will slow down a bit but I am still excited
Amazing that your pants are falling off already!!

You're doing great!

I was in my closet this weekend getting rid of old clothes and pulling out smaller ones. I found a pair of nice pants that were part of a suit. Yeah. I wore them one time last week and they were just a bit loose, but yesterday I put them on, wore them to work, and I thought I was going to be embarrassed if the fell off of my hips and down to my ankles because they were so loose.

I didn't even realize since I was rushing around trying to get to work. Those will be donated this weekend.
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:40 PM   #14  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

This evening I took one of my dogs to Demo for an upcoming dog training class.
My dogs are training to be Therapy Dogs for inpatient Settings in Hospitals, Nursing Homes,and they even have Dogs that go to Psych Hospitals.

Dogs have a way of making people feel accepted and cared about.

I love the fact that one of my animals helps brightens someone's day...or maybe gives that person a chance to reach out to some other living thing.

Even though I work in Healthcare and have direct impact with patients...,I like this aspect of volunteering time to reach out to people in a simple way...that can add something different into their lives .
I have seen people who did not really interact with others in the Nursing home and see my Airedale and recall that they had one years ago. Sometimes simple things can add so much.

So that is my positive thing ....sharing my love of animals with others ..that are in need of some puppy love.

Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 303/212.6/180

Height: 5"10

Pulled out a old hoodie I bought last year and was tight...now it hangs so a happy dance there. To the camping clothes bin it goes :-)
ckmainprize is offline   Reply With Quote