South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Funtime Friday - April 12

Good morning. We have freezing rain happening so I nearly wrote "F Friday" but forced myself to be adult. Donna and I are planning to go to the gym but she may chicken out if the driving looks bad. Schools are closed today so ...

Went to town yesterday for the haircut and other stuff and forgot to pick up Paul! I had to look up the recipe for making coffee the old-fashioned way and dig out my old technology coffee pot. I did remember to pick up Disney's special dog food and some treats - I'm such a dedicated dog mum!

This afternoon we are having a wee farewell party for Natalie as she moves on to her new job as curator of the Brockville Museum. I have a rum cake thawing on the counter. Two of the guys who can't make it to the event have specifically asked that we save them a piece. The timing is actually pretty bad for N. to leave as we are going to be starting interviews for summer tour guides. Joanne, her replacement, is a very experienced "people person" though so it should not be too bad.

Just remembered the "fun" part of Friday - Book Club tonight. I haven't finished the book - barely started - but do have a bottle of wine ready. The book was excellent and I certainly intend to read it - I may actually buy it although I am trying to simplify my life a bit by getting rid of "stuff".

Time to get the body organized for gym. Even if Donna chickens out, I am going!

Happy Friday and TGIF!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth, you have some good chatter on despite the freezing rain and lack of Paul! It is raining here too, gratefully not freezing. Which book are you "reading" for tonight? I need to start a book club here .

I wrote the lady with the pup this AM, she said she was sending a contract but I haven't seen it yet. I think she's actually skipping a lot of the process since I'm a vet...but she's the only one that did that! (there's a vet I know I wouldn't adopt to...) I realized if we get her, I have a lot of shopping to do!

Otherwise a dr appt this AM and a bunch of errands, work this afternoon. I just informed DD that we'll go leash shopping tonight if approved .
Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You ARE such a dedicated mommy to those little darlings of yours, Ruthie. How in the world could you forget such an important thing as coffee???? Drive carefully if you decide to venture out to the gym, if the schools are closed it must be pretty slick out there. Enjoy DWARPS tonight!

It's raining here, but with the temperature nearly 50*, I don't think we have to worry about it freezing. It had better not get cold again, since I put away all the winter stuff last night. I have laundry going right now and need to run out for a few errands, then I'm taking off to NJ to spend the weekend at my DD's. Monica is teaching a class at her church retreat all weekend, so Carley will have to keep me entertained.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Tammy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the adoption process goes smoothly. Keep dry today!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's The Story of Edgar Sawchuck, Tammy. It's about a mute child and dogs and got excellent reviews.

The dogs have just been out and came in all beaded with ice, poor puppies! We are now going to settle down beside the stove and power-read for an hour or so. I am hoping we don't lose electricity - Donna has already.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning so happy to be home today. No class equals grooming Coconut!!!! He can hardly wait for his spring shaving lol. If the weather holds (which is not looking promising) then Mick will be furminated outside. He really needs a bath, but why torture him as he hates it. Loves getting brushed though.

My junk is out waiting for the DPW guys to haul it away. No easy task getting it to the curb.

Ruth have fun at book club and thanks for sharing the title.

Linda I am in the same boat, winter clothes away, but I refuse to wear my big heavy coat anymore!

Tammy I hope everything working out. Keeping my fingers crossed extra tight!

Ruth I could have used your accounting help. I have a BIG overage in my account yet I can't seem to find it. I'll try not to spend it as I am certain my records are correct (you know just surviving lol)

Smoothie and coffee before the battle of the beasts begin. Tammy in case you forgot spring season is more like tumbleweed season!! How can one doggie shed soooo much. lol But I love them dearly and my head of hair isn't any better lol
Old 04-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Between the lingering bug and work I seem to be running or crashing all the time. Looking forward to a weekend to really recover. In the meantime I'm off and running until I crash It's Friday, it's date night, and tomorrow will be a perfect day of birding. Can't ask for better!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Day is full of meetings and I still have more reading assignments to complete before class starts on Monday so need to get on that or I will be reading for that all weekend.

Ruth stay warm the temperatures dropped here we are at 35 degrees had to put my wool coat on this morning again.

Twynn fingers crossed for you, how fun.

Cottage have a great time with your DD this weekend.

Jennifer hopefully you will find you made a mistake and have that extra cash lying around

Cyndi have a restful weekend to get caught up.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

GoodMorning

As usual, these days, I'm on the run! I did get some rest last eve but now I'm back to reality. It's raining here but just saw a pic of the passes and it's snowing on both so will be a slower trip home today.

Twynn, keeping my fingers crossed!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone,
It's raining and miserable here today too. I bought a beautiful umbrella at the thrift store but didn't open it until this morning and of course it's broken! Sigh. Anyway, I'm leaving work early today...buckling down and made an appointment with my hairdresser to discuss coloring my grey. I've been dealing with it at home doing drugstore coloring and my hair is now about 3 different shades of red and brown with grey roots and it looks awful...I am not opposed to grey hair with streaks of regular color so I might go that route, but I just can't deal with root touch up maintenance. I'm going to ask my stylist what we can do. In the meantime I'm prepared to lose 2 inches off my hair just to get rid of some of this old color!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon everyone! It rained last night, so it's just gloomy and gray here. And people here think this is better than white, fluffy snow. Pfft. Just a quick check-in today, but I've got good news! My job search has finally paid off, and I am OFFICIALLY employed! I start bright and early Monday morning. So now I need to go shopping for actual work clothes, since I currently exist in the college uniform of jeans and a hoodie.

Grown up clothes for meeeee!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations on getting the position Penmage!!! woot woot
Old 04-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Congrats Penmage!!! Welcome to the workforce!!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good evening

what a day, I had two appts today and they were both cancelled due to weather. What a bunch of wimps here. But I finally finished a little sweater for my grandson..

Congratulations Penmage, you have going to have a very anxious and relieved weekend both at the same time.

A friend of my husband's who worked at a golf course said that last year they were already open for a month. This year no opening yet. Oh where, oh where is spring.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread