Old 04-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Default The flu

. I have had the Flu for a week now. Everything hurts, and I have a horrible cough. I haven't taken anything yet but I am at the point where I need something. Can anyone suggest what I can take that will keep me 100% OP. btw I live in Canada if that helps.
Canadiandieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #2  

dont worry about being OP right now. Get well and then get back to IP. I went through this too and had to get well first. In the US we have tamiflu but you have to get it from the dr
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Get a z-pack. I had the flu a few months ago, I ate crackers for a few days, didnt slow my losses at all
LexiChanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #4  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I'm going through this too right now. It sucks!! Lot's of chicken broth, and herbal tea. Also Dayquil and Nyquil gel caps, not the liquid, since the liquid stuff has sugar in it, but the gel caps are ok. You can also do Sudafed, Guifenisen, Tylenol, and Ibuprofen. You can also ask a pharmacist what cold medicines are ok for diabetics. They can lead you to good ones without sugar in them. Good luck! I hope you feel better super quick!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/start IP 159.8/134.8/130

Height: 5'3"

I had the flu a few weeks ago - I ate saltines and diet ginger ale. I also took advil and cough medicine. I lost 3 pounds that week. I wouldn't worry about being OP with the flu, you need to take care of it so you can get better then get back OP. I hope you feel better!

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url]

Last edited by Happymomof2; 04-09-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Happymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #6  
started IP 03/18/13

S/C/G: 233/174/180

Height: 6'

Get better soon (Sorry know help what to take regardless of staying OP or not) I hate the flu!!

eta: get some ginger mint tea from tetley it's a nice comfort drink..

Last edited by cdnmomof2; 04-09-2013 at 06:42 PM.
cdnmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 299/289/150

Height: 5'8"

Sorry to hear you are unwell! If you have made it this far on program, keep going, you are closing in on the end of the virus (with any luck!!). Have you tried boiling up ginger root tea? It has good anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties (peel ginger root - about 1/4 inch, and slice thinly - place in tea pot and fill with boiling water. If you need it sweetened, use splenda). If you have a hard time with it on its own, mix it with another herbal tea. How about a netti pot? Probably would help with the drainage that may be inducing the coughing from sinus drainage. There are stevia sweetened cough drops at the health food store (Canada) - they are called ...hmm, I just checked the cupboard and don't have any, there are also Halls that are sugar free. Both are not necessarily on program but hopefully won't throw you off program.

Anyway, just a few thoughts that you may have already tried. When it doubt, can't go wrong with a raw onion (anti-viral, antibacterial) coupled with some cabbage, garlic, celery stir-fried and added to chicken broth and boiled diced turnip for some veggie vitamin infusion.

Feel well soon!
Salus is offline   Reply With Quote