Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 292/268/140

Height: 5'7

Default Cohen Diet

Two weeks ago I attended a free consultation at the local Cohen Lifestyle Change Clinic. Summarized, it is a diet based on your blood tests. They screen for the following: HGH/Insulin/Serotonin. I was seriously considering paying for the program ( approximately $1400 for a 6 months ). Since it is a considerable amount of money - I thought to do more research online. I found the 1stpersonaldiet website and saw that they were affiliated with the local clinic I went to. It was very surprising that the website was offering an online program at $250 for 3 months or $500 for 6 months (just 1/3rd of the price I had been quoted for). I tried contacting their consultants and gave them the same info I gave the clinic here. Their response was to this effect-
We are sorry but Dr. Cohen has decided that you are not eligible to be on this diet. We could not find any existing client/data that matches yours. It would be best to try to find another diet more suitable to you.

It didn't make sense to me. If it is highly individualized - what does finding other clients have anything to do with my profile. I was hoping to find a diet that works - not like I was trying to hook up with anyone. Matching profiles indeed.

However, a relative of mine did subscribe to this program and has lost 50 lbs in 2 months. This is with minimal exercise.
Has anyone tried this diet too?
iamworthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Why would they test for seratonin? It is not really measurable in the blood and as far as I know does not have an impact on weight. HGH also has nothing to do with weight. Insulin does, but you can steady your insulin by lowering your carb intake and when you do eat carbs, make them whole grain and eat them with some fat and protein.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:55 PM   #3  

Default Dr Cohens diet

Hi IAMWORTHIT

Did you eventually get to follow the cohen diet? I also tried to follow it online as I live in the UK where they don't have it as yet and so I can only do it online. I was emailed exactly what you were told. Yet my sister in NZ followed it and lost 28kg (56 Pounds in 3.5 months).

lET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE GOT TO PERSUADE THEM TO ALLOW YOU TO DO IT.
saineegan is offline   Reply With Quote