Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #1  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

Default Fat and tanned (kinda)

Ok so I'm not at goal yet but 184 and I live in the south where tan & skinny = cute. I've gone to tanning beds for years and absolutely love the golden glow I get and you cannot convince me that the tan doesnt makes me look thinner. Well with the whole new healthy kick I figured I'd sunless tan this year. So I've done research and I've tried product after product and they SUCK. Even the $$$ lotion left ugly streaks. At home spray, wipes lotion been there hate that. Not being able to reach everywhere and fat rolls.... It's just not a pretty sight. To have the spray done at the salon is kind of $$ to say it only last 5-7 days. So my vanity is hanging out at the tanning salon and it is calling me saying get glowing!!!

For those of you who WAnt that glow...... What do you do
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #2  
Becoming A Better Me

I love that healthy summer glow! And i agree people thinl ive lost even more than i have once i get my glow on lol. But i dont fake bake i do the real thing as the sunshine clears my acne (oily skin) up beautifully and i just love how i feel after a day in the sunshine! There are evils pros and cons to everything!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:29 PM   #3  
New-b

Yea that what I WANT to do. This streaked mess is just that... A hott mess
Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #4  
Dropweight Diva

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I have been wondering the same thing myself. I have very pale skin, so I have always done the whole "base tan" before going to the beach; however my boyfriend and I have a friend d that was diagnosed with melanoma from doing just that. She had to have a huge chunk of skin removed on her back. Not really what I want.

I was curious if those lotions that slowly add glow are better. Like the jergens? I'm thinking of a spray tan for a wedding that I'm going to be in (the dresses are pale yellow), but I want something that lasts a little longer with consistent upkeep.

Last edited by Song of Surly; 04-08-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Song of Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #5  
New-b

That's what I have jergens natural glow... And FOR ME I'm streaked
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

If wrinkles and potential risk of cancer aren't motivating enough, another reason to not tan is so that your skin retains full elasticity and you don't end up with saggy skin as you lose weight. Constantly tanning skin can make the saggy skin problem worse.

Look at all the really pale celebrities and how beautiful they look! Tan isn't necessarily better looking and I really doubt it makes you look thinner.
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

I would stick with the self-tanning lotion/spray unless you can afford the spray tan at the salon.

And, if skin cancer doesn't scare you, tanning on your face makes it look old. Trust me, I'm 39 and all the girls my age who extensively tanned when we were younger look way older than me. I'm pale and only tanned a bit in my teen years. Even my brother, who is 6 years younger than me looks older than me because he has been surfing all his life and has had major sun exposure.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 191/178/145

Height: 5'6

I am a former Cali girl that loves a tan. I've always worn a high sunscreen and I do feel much better with color. Not lotion, not spray on but actual tan skin. I always use the tanning beds for about 3 weeks to get a base tan and then I go to the pools in our neighborhood. I am a beach girl that wears a 50 sunscreen and I'm told all the time that I don't look my age. I just feel better tan. Not super dark, just a glow.

To each there own on what works or makes us feel good.
bbrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:48 AM   #9  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Pale???

I grew up in Tennessee. I never laid out, but I was outside a lot. I thought I was naturally a bit dark....

....until I moved to England. And I realised just how pale I am.

I've been curious about fake tan, but I can't apply anything without it being a hot mess. Nail polish? (OMG) Mascara. (Lumps!!) I can turn moisturiser into a disaster.

Personally, I have all the risk factors for skin cancer already. (runs in the family, worked outside in late teens early 20s, lots of bad sunburns as a kid)...so I'm not gonna top that up. I don't use sunscreen though (see above about application errors) but I've only tinged pink twice in the time I've lived in England.

If I were in a wedding with a weird colour dress, I would do a professionally applied spray tan. This did happen to me (pewter dresses...Pewter!!!!) but spray tans weren't widely available then.

Last edited by AlmostMe; 04-09-2013 at 01:50 AM.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I lay out during the summer, but only for about an hour at a time and only a couple of days a week at the most. I think that there are positives and negatives to laying out--but we are so scared of skin cancer now that we lose out on the positives. There has to be a correlation between chronic low vitamin D and the way we are constantly told to avoid all sunlight. Your body NEEDS some sun!
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

I wear SPF 100 and still end up with a tan. This way I can protect myself but still get a tan. The tan comes from just being active outside.
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Height: 5'4"

If you are getting a tan, then the sun is getting through your sunscreen. You may need to reapply it if your goal is to keep the sun off of your skin completely, or wear more clothes.

http://www.webmd.com/beauty/sun/high...re-they-better
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #13  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm really pale and my skin does not tan at all with sun. I use Jergens Natural Glow and Coppertone Endless Summer Gradual Tan. It works nicely for me with no streaks. You just gotta take your time and make sure its all rubbed in.

However, keep it off of your knuckles, elbows, knees, etc.

Last edited by Psychic; 04-09-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #14  
Restart July 5 2013

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandypandy2246 View Post
If wrinkles and potential risk of cancer aren't motivating enough, another reason to not tan is so that your skin retains full elasticity and you don't end up with saggy skin as you lose weight. Constantly tanning skin can make the saggy skin problem worse.

Look at all the really pale celebrities and how beautiful they look! Tan isn't necessarily better looking and I really doubt it makes you look thinner.
I agree! When I was younger I did everything I could to look a certain way. I dyed my hair blonde, had long hair extensions, and went to tanning beds to tan (and usually burn) my fair skin. Over the years I have learned to love my natural beauty and rock what I already have! Which is fair skin, medium length dark brown hair and icy blue eyes. Don't conform yourself to how everyone else thinks you should look. You should want to stand out! Especially with your skin. Your skin is the largest organ in the body and has an important job. Take care of yourself!
fatgiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

uu i'm actually considering going to tan salon this spring before the summer.
firstly, i do not approve this and i always lecture my friends who go religiously to get their fake tan all year long, but i'm very pale and last year when i was 30 minutes under strong sun i developed allergy so this year as a precaution i'm going to go for a few times and see if it helps.
i'm not aiming for a dark tan just a little protective layer.but i have no idea how many times should i go and for how long...any advice??
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote