Old 04-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #1  

Default nashua nutrition shakes

has anyone tried the shakes from here?? if so can you tell me what one taste like the vanilla IP packs??
marnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #2  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Haven't found a vanilla shake that tastes like the IP one yet.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #3  

are they any good? or taste like crap?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #4  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

I have not tried any but a friend of mine LOVES the Oh Yeah RTD ones!
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I haven't found a vanilla shake I liked yet. I just ordered some of the syntrax nectar vanilla torte flavor. I'll keep you posted once it gets delivered.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #6  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

Although they aren't from Nashua, I find the EAS Carb AdvantEdge shakes really tasty, including the french vanilla. I buy them at my local Walmart, and I think I've read on here that they are also available at Costco. They are RTD, so I also find that uber convenient. Hope the info helps!
shoediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:18 AM   #7  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I haven't found a vanilla shake I liked yet. I just ordered some of the syntrax nectar vanilla torte flavor. I'll keep you posted once it gets delivered.
Ragdoll, the vanilla torte is a little light on flavor. It's also VERY thin. I got a 2 lb jug though, because it makes the most awesome vanilla latte with instant coffee (if you like that kind of thing).

As for vanilla shakes. I've found none that were good on their own. Every brand I've tried, they need to be doctored up with other things to make them taste good. I use Torini SF syrups.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #8  

Do you just buy any protein powder or is there stuff we need to look at in the Ingrediance before buying??

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
Ragdoll, the vanilla torte is a little light on flavor. It's also VERY thin. I got a 2 lb jug though, because it makes the most awesome vanilla latte with instant coffee (if you like that kind of thing).

As for vanilla shakes. I've found none that were good on their own. Every brand I've tried, they need to be doctored up with other things to make them taste good. I use Torini SF syrups.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #9  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnie View Post
Do you just buy any protein powder or is there stuff we need to look at in the Ingrediance before buying??
I use Syntrax Nectar. For a scoop (out of the jug) or a single on the go pack is 100 calories and 0 carbs. It's great for my breakfast protein with my coffee, or a quick afternoon fill-me-up. I also use the Orange Cream Syntrax Matrix, which has 2 (I think) carbs and 110 Cal. I just really, really like that flavor. Both of these have 25 grams of protein per serving, so it's a nice dose!.

The reason I only use Syntrax for my straight protein powder is because my mother is on dialysis and her nutritionist says to use that brand because it's the purest protein. AND I've found it tastes way better than most other brands. There's lots of fruity-type drinks, along with the "sweets" just know that they're not shake-like. It's very thin. Sometimes I add a little xanthan gum in to add just a little bulk.

I also buy the protein foods that are similar to IP products from Nashua. Proti-Diet, Weight Loss Systems, etc. With all of those I make sure is that they are IP compliant with the cal/carb/fat that fit the IP phase 1 rules. I keep under 150 calories, and I make sure the fat is less than 30%. I do not eat "restricted" packets because I'm diabetic, so I only get things with less than 7 net carbs.

Last edited by leannekarella; 04-10-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #10  

Do you buy the shakes from Nashua as well? Or some where else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
I use Syntrax Nectar. For a scoop (out of the jug) or a single on the go pack is 100 calories and 0 carbs. It's great for my breakfast protein with my coffee, or a quick afternoon fill-me-up. I also use the Orange Cream Syntrax Matrix, which has 2 (I think) carbs and 110 Cal. I just really, really like that flavor. Both of these have 25 grams of protein per serving, so it's a nice dose!.

The reason I only use Syntrax for my straight protein powder is because my mother is on dialysis and her nutritionist says to use that brand because it's the purest protein. AND I've found it tastes way better than most other brands. There's lots of fruity-type drinks, along with the "sweets" just know that they're not shake-like. It's very thin. Sometimes I add a little xanthan gum in to add just a little bulk.

I also buy the protein foods that are similar to IP products from Nashua. Proti-Diet, Weight Loss Systems, etc. With all of those I make sure is that they are IP compliant with the cal/carb/fat that fit the IP phase 1 rules. I keep under 150 calories, and I make sure the fat is less than 30%. I do not eat "restricted" packets because I'm diabetic, so I only get things with less than 7 net carbs.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7

Nashua has tons of Syntrax flavors available. Not really a shake consistency, though. In my opinion, there isn't a bad flavor in the bunch. I adored the Cappuccino flavor. Creamy with just a hint of spice.
ZOMBIEDAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #12  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnie View Post
Do you buy the shakes from Nashua as well? Or some where else?
This is the cheapest place to find Syntrax http://www.allstarhealth.com/
I order it there for my mom, too. Wayyy cheaper than anywhere else.

They do sell it at Nashua.