Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 10:25 AM   #1  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Default Rewards?

I'm only .5 pounds away from my 20 pound mark and am starting to think about a reward for myself. I am already going out to buy new jeans, but I was wondering if anyone has a reward system in place for themselves. DO you have a set schedule or do you just play it by ear?

What are some of your rewards?? (Non- Food)

I want a Pedicure at 50 pounds gone.. but other than that.. I havent set anything else up!
Old 10-14-2003, 11:13 AM   #2  

I have sent a mini goal for this weekend, not sure if I'm going to make it, scale needs a new battery and TOM is keeping me off, BUT I have a special event and if I reach my goal, I'm getting a new dress.

A pedicure sounds wonderful, I've never had one.

Clothes seem to be my best rewards - also a dinner out - LO-CARB of course! My daugher and I celebrated at Applebees with a salad. We don't go out much, so it was a real treat for us.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:27 AM   #3  
Head Princess

I go shopping for new jeans once a month. Seeing those sizes going down is a great motivator! I also treat myself to a fun activity as a reward. I go crabbing or take a trip to the zoo - anything that I know I'll love that also gives me some good exercise.

When I reach my goal, I'm getting a new tattoo
Old 10-14-2003, 11:29 AM   #4  
Each Bite of Sugar...

I once set up goals for myself at the 10% marks. First 10% I was going to buy myself flowers. 2nd 10% I was going to get my ears double pierced (but I've changed my mind on that one now..._)

I will have to do that again. A pedicure is nice - but I'd do that for your 20# mark!

New clothes are nice, but there are also things like jewelry, flowers, spa treatments (like you describe), day trips, favorite hobbies (antiques, photography, books, painting...etc.)

The possibilities are endless..

Now, I'm off to do my goal list. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 10-14-2003, 12:10 PM   #5  

If I lose my 15 pounds I'm going to buy some expensive jeans(not walmart brand), and get a tattoo on my lower back. I beggining to think I won't ever be getting them.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:00 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Its so funny you should post this question, I was thinking of posting it too.

When I hit goal, I'm going to scream at the top of my lungs so that my friend in California could hear me
Old 10-14-2003, 09:58 PM   #7  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Talking MORE PRESENTS?

Wow...great idea...now what do I really want? This is a tough one for me! I do spoil myself once in a while anyways.

I think I want to celebrate when I get to 37.5 lbs which would be the halfway mark for me! This will hopefully be in the not too far future as I am almost at 32 lbs, so I need to get cracking on this one.

I know new clothes would be great...but again don't want to make a major investment just yet.

Already do my hair, nails, etc.....dont' really have any jewellery wants at this time??? What to do??

Froufy
Old 10-15-2003, 04:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 194/165/135

Height: 5'4"

I havent thought about this, but I am now. I guess the main thing will be clothing, but I am still having fun taking old stuff from the back of the closet and trying them on again. I will probably get an expensive haircut and color. I usually just go to the bargain places for a "trim".

I just reached my 30lb mark (from my highest weight). It also is my halfway mark to goal. So I guess I am due for something......
Old 10-15-2003, 10:17 AM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Wow! I didnt realize how much interest this would spark!!

I have gotten some really good ideas from you all. Money is really tight right now as purchasing the new van wasnt really in the budget this year... but I can splurge a few things.

for those of you who really are making lists, if you want to , post them here with me so that we can keep eachother motivated! I know having some one say to me.. "Karen.. remeber that pedicure.." would help!
Old 10-15-2003, 03:26 PM   #10  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Karen,

I'll post my list when I get it done.

Froufy, you could always get a new "much wanted" CD, some time to do a favorite hobby or craft, a new book, flowers sent to yourself at work ( ), a new "gadget," anything that might seem like a "reward" to you - no matter how odd it may seem to others or how expensive/cheap it might be.

For me, it would be time alone. Time when I am not the responsible parent - maybe a couple of hours alone at Border's or the mall. Not that I would buy anything, but I could decompress. Or time (I'm all about time) to just go take pictures of my favorite things (next to my daughter).

I'm sure there are lots of interesting ideas that don't involve food or clothes or salon treatments that you could reward yourself with.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:44 PM   #11  
Head Princess

Thumbs down A couple of free ideas

So I've been thinking about rewards that don't cost anything - I like the idea of being thin AND having money! I've come up with a few of ideas so far:

1. A trip to the Clinique (or other high-end make-up counter) for a free makeover

2. Going to visit a friend/relative/bitter enemy/whatever who hasn't seen you for a while - the gasps and gushing praise over how much wait you've lost feels great

3. A pamper day. Get time and space to yourself for a long bath, facial, foot treatment, hair experiment, nap (side note - my husband paints my toenails for me - how cute is that?)

Anyone else have freebie ideas?
Old 10-15-2003, 04:35 PM   #12  
Card Carrying Princess

I think I got it...the "gadget" idea is great. Alas, I do not have a BLENDER!!! and I keep hearing about the wonderful shakes and smoothies everyone is making. And now that I have introduced some berries and yogurt into my plan that would be a great idea. A brand new super d duper blender on my (already cluttered) kitchen counter...what color and brand should I get? Any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Froufy

P.S. Also like the travel idea and would love to plan a weekend visit with my girlfriend in Toronto!...we have even talked about visiting a spa once I"m there!
Old 10-15-2003, 04:54 PM   #13  
Each Bite of Sugar...

If you can't afford the Vitamix (the Blender of Blenders...) get a Cuisinart.

We bought a Kitchen Aid blender from Costco, but took it back because the seal leaked. Otherwise it was AWESOME!
Old 10-15-2003, 09:42 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

Thanks Lisa...have not seen the vitamix around, but don't want to spend a HUGE amount of money...and I did not know that cuisinart made a blender, will have to check that out.

I have seen the kitchen aid one - and I know it comes in many cool colors....in fact I will see what our costco carries next time I'm there!

Froufy
Old 10-15-2003, 11:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 181/158.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I AM ABOUT READY TO DROP DOWN INTO THE NEXT 10'S. SO AS SOON AS I SEE ON THE SCALE THAT I AM DOWN FROM 140'S TO 130'S i AM GETTING A NEW OUT FIT. ALSO I AM GETTING A BONUS AT WORK ON FRIDAY SO THAT MAKES IT EASIER. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO GIVES HERSELF REWARDS FOR EACH 5 POUNDS AND HER NEXT REWARD IS NEW UNDERWEAR.

DINKI
Closed Thread