Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Where to buy a strapless bra? I think I'm a 38DD?

I bought my current bras at Kohls, but they don't seem to go up to my size in their strapless bras. I need it for a dress I'm wearing in 2 weeks!

Not looking to spend a lot as I'm still losing, but need a lot of support as I'll be dancing all night

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

....Well...in my experience, no where really, outside of a bridal shop. I have one that was never worn (bought it for my wedding than opted out at the last moment and went...GASP....braless. But, my dress was altered in a way I could get away with it.) I don't remember the size...either 38DD or 42DD. I don't recall. Heck, I think I still have it. I hope I still have it. Even though it is too big now. $80 was a lot to just toss out. I guess I need to look for it tomorrow (fixing to go to bed or I'd look tonight.) If I still have it, and if it is the size you are looking for, I'll be happy to send it out your way. Might as well let someone get a use out of it.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
....Well...in my experience, no where really, outside of a bridal shop. I have one that was never worn (bought it for my wedding than opted out at the last moment and went...GASP....braless. But, my dress was altered in a way I could get away with it.) I don't remember the size...either 38DD or 42DD. I don't recall. Heck, I think I still have it. I hope I still have it. Even though it is too big now. $80 was a lot to just toss out. I guess I need to look for it tomorrow (fixing to go to bed or I'd look tonight.) If I still have it, and if it is the size you are looking for, I'll be happy to send it out your way. Might as well let someone get a use out of it.
How funny! I went braless at my wedding and I was a 42F at the time

The bra I was going to buy for my wedding was like a bustier. It went all the way down to my hips. Is that was yours is? Just curious as I really need one that is just a normal strapless bra
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #4  
Rachel

S/C/G: 295ish/278.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Lane Bryant has some good strapless bras/bras with removable straps. I think the brand is Cacique. My best friend who also has DD's wears them & loves them.
Keep Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #5  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

I'd recommend finding a bra boutique and getting professionally fitted for one. In the size you're looking for, you need something with a lot of shape and structure or you'll have uniboob or boob spillage or lots of other unpleasantness. Just my opinion.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #6  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Yeah- I would ask a bridal place. Did you know that good bras like that can actually be altered?! Yeah...I had no idea. I ended up not wearing a bra to my wedding though. I'm not sure what size mine was...let me see if I can find it upstairs.

ETA:
42B? What the what?!
HA! I'm wearing a 38DD now that I was professionally fit into at nordstrom's.
Silly David's Bridal.

ETA Again: I change my mind. I would go to Nordstrom's. You have worked so hard to transform your body into what it is today. And it's beautiful. Lovely. You and your body deserve to feel incredibly comfortable dancing. You should have not a care in the world that evening!

Therefore- the $30 or so to buy a bra that is professionally fit is worth every penny. YOU are worth every single penny. Besides...with the different sets of snaps on the back and being able to adjust the straps- you should be able to wear it for a couple more sizes. So get a convertible bra.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/wacoal-h...resultback=400

Last edited by lunarsongbird; 04-08-2013 at 08:55 AM.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Highest:266/T/Size 8

Height: 5'4

VICTORIA SECRET!! Seriously, best convertible bras ever. Asked to be fit by someone there who has your same cup size, if available.
SarahFairhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #8  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

I really like Lane Bryant's selection.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Lane Bryant. I am a 42 DDD. And they have fantastic bras. I've been buying them there since high school. I'm glad to say they finally have cute one too!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

I am the same size, went to a dance last Saturday. Had a great time. No spillage. Plenty of support. I bought a $15 convertible bra from Target.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep Moving Forward View Post
Lane Bryant has some good strapless bras/bras with removable straps. I think the brand is Cacique. My best friend who also has DD's wears them & loves them.
i have a strapless from lane bryant and absolutely love it! i'll even wear it with the straps just on a regular day lol. it has this rubber type stuff running on the hem to keep it in place. VERY comfy and don't feel like i'm going to fly out
christyk28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

I second Victoria's Secret. When I was 38DD I bought a strapless bra there and it was AWESOME. It had these rubbery things on the side to keep it from sliding down and they totally worked. Very comfortable and gave me good coverage with push-up removable cushion-y things.
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #13  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

They must stock larger sizes now. Years ago I could not find a bra in my size so I stopped looking there. They only seemed to cater to the Itty Bitty Tittie Committee. I was much smaller then too. I will check them out.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

I wish you much luck underwater, I am also a 38dd I can find tons in 38d or 40 and up double d but I managed to find one that was the right size in three stores. And ofcourse it hooks in the front which I hate.

Last edited by Thinforme; 05-01-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #15  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

I'm a 40DD right now and I buy mine at Lane Bryant...so hoping for the day where I don't have to drop $50 bucks on a bra. They are made pretty well though, and I believe the have some where you can remove the straps.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote