South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Mmmmmm Monday! April 8 Chat

Mmmmmm - it smells like spring out there and the crazy robin is cranking up his dawn song. There is no snow or below freezing temperature in the forecast so I guess we finally have Spring!

Talked to the "lads" yesterday and the syrup making is finishing up. This has been the best year in a long time so there is lots of syrup. Most folk rely on the $$$ from syrup sales to buy their spring seeds. The Village Syrup Festival is in two weeks which will be a good celebration this year. Bake sales, book sales, entertainment and thousands of pancakes cooked and served. It's one time when there is a parking problem here - the other is Fair Time.

Off to the gym with Donna this morning and then home to wind up Barb's tax return. She goes for a knee replacement Thursday and is anxious to have things cleaned up. We "girls" had our dinner last night and plan to keep her in meals. (Her DH is a real sweetie but lost as far as cooking is concerned.) I'm planning some outside work this afternoon - perhaps raking leaves off the bed beside the walk where things are happening!

Smell Spring and go MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You are waaaaay too perky for me this Monday morning, Ruth. I got woken up an hour and a half before I wanted to get up and I'm having trouble getting over it.

I'll be back when I'm feeling more chatty and social.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

We had a THUNDERSTORM yesterday! It was glorious! That was the first time this year it had that wonderful spring rain smell. I love living where there are seasons!

You made me jump up and get DH to sign the tax papers Ruth, thanks. I finished them a couple of weeks ago, but in classic Tammy style, had not sent them out yet. We get a return this year, and I am hoping to put it towards a cheapo pop up camper .

We put our name on (another) dog yesterday. It was a complete surprise, really. We took the kids to one of the only shelters in the area that was open on a Sunday, and found a sheltie mix that had the calmest but sweet personality! (even DH liked her!) Of course, she has several applications on her, so we have to wait and see if we're picked, and if she passes the cat test. (btw - those puppies the other day were INSANE. INSANE.)

I have my overnight oats waiting for me (thanks Linda!), and between spring and pup, am getting excited to get out and be moving more.

Have a great day, chicks~!

Last edited by TwynnB; 04-08-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/149/130

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Ladies! I ve missed checking in. We have had the flu/bug sweep through our house during our spring break. I cannot tell you the last time I have been so sick. I am glad it is behind us.

I have slipped off the plan while in survivor mode. The numbers are the same but I know I will feel better once the carbs are lower.

Spring is here in GA!
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Ashley
Old 04-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm needed at work one hour earlier today so I've got lots to do in the next 45 minutes...fortunately coffee and morning smoothie are already consumed!

Ashley, glad you are feeling better! It's great to see you!

Ruth, smells like spring here, too!

Twynn, a sheltie mix sounds nice! There are just so many wonderful pups out there!

Linda, ouch for getting roused so early....hope your day smoothes out!

Food has been OP and that always makes me happy, especially since the "goodies" have been plentiful at work. I haven't touched even one which is such success!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Spring is here! the snow is completely gone, things are getting green, and it's finally supposed to get warmer. I actually like all the work driving when it's nice out. Good thing because we've been told we should expect to work every day from now until the end of the session (May 3) I'm off for my repeat mammo this morning. Wish they could just take everything they need the first time. Oh well, so it goes. Time to get moving around here. Happy monday!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Off to workout soon. Later today I drive DH to the airport. He is heading to visit an old friend (who just finished chemo) for a few days. I used to love having the place to myself now and again but I actually might get lonely. I've got a couple of DVDs to watch in the evenings.

Have a great week.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chipper chicks. Commute to Queens brought horrific traffic. I leave at 6:30 for a 9:00 start. Traffic by JFK airport is always heavy. Oh well. Had a great day yesterday. The tree is gone and the shed dismantled. Granted I have a lot to drag to the curb for bulk pick up on Friday, but it will be a great workout. How's son was an incredible help yesterday. He did the entire shed solo and stacked everything too. Not a single moment of slacking off or complaint. He is looking to buy a new bat for baseball so I gave him a donation. He was quite happy. Worth every penny if you ask me Took the boys to Broadie's for a hearty meal. We all needed it. Slept like a baby. Ok off to drive the bus again
Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It actually got to 79 degrees here yesterday- I hope we are not doing the Winter into Summer routine we tend to do around here. We had a thunderstorm last evening as well.

Had a good time at Sixflags not too much drama. I am off to get my boobies squashed today so am leaving work early for that, other that getting caught up as much as possible with work as I am taking a class all next week for another certification.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

nice to see that everyone feels like spring is here. Its going to be warmer here but rain for the next few days. Accomplished a big task this weekend, we repainted our dining room and I cleaned out the china cabinet, chandelier, washed drapes, etc. Just a few things left on my list and my spring cleaning in the house is over. Haven't been sleeping much. DS is working on a movie shot about an hour from here and staying with us. He came home at 2:30a.m. last night. Once a mother always a mother.
I have found a new love of cabbage. Chop it up, roast it with olive oil and salt pepper at 375 about an hour and in the last minute put some baslmic vinegar on. Its delicious next day warmed in the microwave with feta cheese sprinkled on it.
take care
Sophie
Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Sophie, your cabbage recipe sounds good. I love roasted cabbage, but haven't tried it with balsamic vinegár and feta. Doesn't it make you feel good to get your spring cleaning done? Even just washing the windows and hanging freshly laundered curtains makes me feel good.

Cyndi, I hope your callback goes as well as mine did last week. It's sure a relief to hear them say everything's fine. Good luck!

Pearlrose, good luck on your mammo today, too!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

Just popping in to say hello and happy Monday to everyone!
Closed Thread