Old 04-08-2013, 06:49 AM   #1  
Ideal protein user!

S/C/G: 179/158/145

Height: 5'6

Default Parents

I took a break last friday and I am back on the plan again since saturday. I'm in Ketosis as of yesterday and I feel good. My parents are a little worried about me because before I took the break I looked really pale (many people told me this, and they thought I had a cold when I was completely fine!)
My parents suggested that I have a small phase 3 breakfast and continue the rest of the day in phase 1, I know that will knock me out of Ketosis which is the reason why this diet works (and eating around 800 calories).
Should I take their advice or what should I tell them to let me stay on IP until I lose my last 13 pounds.
grazi393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazi393 View Post
I took a break last Friday and I am back on the plan again since Saturday. I'm in Ketosis as of yesterday and I feel good. My parents are a little worried about me because before I took the break I looked really pale (many people told me this, and they thought I had a cold when I was completely fine!)
My parents suggested that I have a small phase 3 breakfast and continue the rest of the day in phase 1, I know that will knock me out of Ketosis which is the reason why this diet works (and eating around 800 calories).
Should I take their advice or what should I tell them to let me stay on IP until I lose my last 13 pounds.
Unfortunately, a P3 breakfast isn't small!

Do you have a coach? Perhaps they could help you with how to explain the program to your parents. I would hope it is being medically monitored since you are so young.

Are you using all of the supplements too? I ask these questions b/c no one has told me I look pale. I've been incredibly healthy since on IP.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-08-2013 at 06:55 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #3  
Ideal protein user!

Thanks!
I am running a mile for my Fitness class on thursday and then have work from 5-11 (walking around and bending down) What can I do so I dont enter a bigger stall
Old 04-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Thanks!
I am running a mile for my Fitness class on thursday and then have work from 5-11 (walking around and bending down) What can I do so I dont enter a bigger stall

Add a few calories. My doctor recommended to me an EAS Carb AdvantEDGE shake within 30 post workout and it helped, a lot. With only 110 calories and 3 net carbs, it helps replenish some of what you lost during workout.
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #5  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Because you are so active with exercise and an active job, I would recommend adding a 4th pack once a day of non-restricted variety.

You cannot eat a P3 breakfast, because that's carbs. You can up your calories without upping your carbs to stay in ketosis. It sounds like you DO need to up your calories though, and protein would be the way to go about it.

If you don't want to use an extra packet, ad another 4 oz of lean meat a day. (That's what I did during very active spring break activities with the kiddo)

I was told early on in the diet I looked pale, but I got past that. I agree with Lisa and hope you are taking all the supplements. Those are very, very important. You're not getting the full nutrition the body needs, and that's why we need them.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #6  
Ideal protein user!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
Because you are so active with exercise and an active job, I would recommend adding a 4th pack once a day of non-restricted variety.

You cannot eat a P3 breakfast, because that's carbs. You can up your calories without upping your carbs to stay in ketosis. It sounds like you DO need to up your calories though, and protein would be the way to go about it.

If you don't want to use an extra packet, ad another 4 oz of lean meat a day. (That's what I did during very active spring break activities with the kiddo)

I was told early on in the diet I looked pale, but I got past that. I agree with Lisa and hope you are taking all the supplements. Those are very, very important. You're not getting the full nutrition the body needs, and that's why we need them.
Thank you! Today I had fitness and did some weightlifting with a lot of ab workouts. I came home and ate what I think was 10-12oz of chicken. When I went to work I felt so good and energized (am I in ketosis still? I never felt this good before)
Old 04-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Thank you! Today I had fitness and did some weightlifting with a lot of ab workouts. I came home and ate what I think was 10-12oz of chicken. When I went to work I felt so good and energized (am I in ketosis still? I never felt this good before)
Ketosis occurs because you drastically reduce the amount of carbs you are eating. So if you added calories with protein (or a low carb protein shake), then you would still be in ketosis. I'd say your problem was not enough calories for the amount of exercise you do!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #8  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Ketosis occurs because you drastically reduce the amount of carbs you are eating. So if you added calories with protein (or a low carb protein shake), then you would still be in ketosis. I'd say your problem was not enough calories for the amount of exercise you do!
What Scorbett said! So happy for you that you're feeling better!!!
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote