Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Question Anyone tried the Jon Gabriel Method?

JON GABRIEL ~ Has anyone here read this man's book or heard his cd's; and/or tried this new method? This man is making some incredible claims.

From what I know, he claims that he lost a huge amount of weight WITHOUT dieting or strenuous exercise. He also claims his methods are kinda mind over matter thinking, with a few other scientific tips thrown in for measure; and that through his research, he has found the KEY to losing weight forever ...

He says he wants to help the world battle their weight problems, but you would think after selling millions already, that he could help the world more by sharing this mysterious scientific information to everyone for free ...

Has anyone read it and tried it; and what did you think?
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #2  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I've just started on this but it's making a lot of sense to me and I'm finding it pretty exciting.

His main focus is on convincing yourself, on a deep level, that it's safe to be slim. He says that we make ourselves fat for reasons -- even if they don't make logical sense, they make sense to our bodies. He uses visualization and destressing techniques, among other things.

It's a little similar to the setpoint diet of a few years back. The main thrust of that one was eating when you were hungry and not otherwise. But Gabriel's method is to make your body do it automatically.

I heartily recommend that you get the book and give it a try.

Good luck!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Glad you posted this, Rosebud! I came to the Forum today to ask the exact same question.

I certainly believe there's a mind-body connection. Whether I could use it to help me lose weight, of that I'm not so sure.

Sure hope we get some more responses to your/our question!
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Good luck with it! I hope it is the answer you are looking for...
For me, I've tried the "think yourself thin" and "eat right for your blood type" and "outsmarting the female fat cell" and "thin forever" and "skinny b..." and for ME, I have to deal with the daily grind of counting WW points and exercising. There IS a mind-body connection, for sure, but for me, I just have to buckle down and do the work. For me, there is no magical secret just waiting for me to purchase it...
So if this works for you, I'm all for it!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #5  
300+ Chick

I got the book and reading it, on chapter 4.. Its true you can lose without diets,pills or surgery. I don't have his cd, but when I skim through the book, use visualzation method.

Learn more on eating from stomach hunger. His book is good and am similar doing his method..which since March 2009, I lost 44 Lbs!!

Let go of the past, stop being afriad of your goals and dreams.. Start anew with new goal efforts. Weight loss is easy!!

Good luck and Happy reading!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #6  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Ive wondered about this too. I wondered if it addressed the "head" stuff that goes on.

It isnt a "diet" that I need, it's help dealing with all the crud that goes on in my life.

Does he address this? Kinda sounds like he does from what some of you are saying.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #7  
300+ Chick

Thumbs up

I am loving his visual methods, am now on chapter 7,, and am going to distant my scale for 6 months, which I will weigh in November. Its about letting go of emotion obesity,and transform your ideal body.

Patience, Love,of mind body and soul.

I highly recommend this book to read.

Hope there will be more people on this.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:53 AM   #8  
300+ Chick

Now I know why I have not finished his book. I skimmed a few pages and in addition of visualzation method, he recommend to eat organic foods...which on my budget can't afford.

Rosebud.. Good luck with your healthier lifestyle changes.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:37 AM   #9  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Liliann, don't let that stop you! Even if you can't afford organic, if you just eat healthy foods it will work. 44 pounds off since March is FANTASTIC!

The thing is, if we eat when we're hungry and don't eat when we're not hungry, that will eventually take care of the issue all by itself. The method gives us tools to make that easier.

If we add postitive visualization, making sure our needs are met, exercise, destress, we're bound to succeed.

I'm going to start a Gabriel Method thread in the Support Groups section, if anyone's interested.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:53 AM   #10  
300+ Chick

I left on chapter 11.. and will finish the book, it makes great sense and do love the visualazations tips that he provides.

Thank you Arabella.. I will look for the thread on his method.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #11  

I am puzzled. How can one lose weight without dieting or exercise? I can eat whatever I want on the Gabriel plan? Just stop when full? How does one reset their set point? Just by visualization? Hmmm
SuzzeeeQ2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 288/264/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi. I haven't been around the forum in long while. This might be one of my first posts. Anyway, I've been using the Gabriel Method for a little over a month now. So far I've lost 18 lbs. It seems like a lot but I have a lot to lose. I read the book and downloaded the meditation cd from his website. I found the book to be informative. It definitely addressed the head issues many of us have in regards to our weight. I listen to the meditation cd every night as I go to sleep. I went from thinking losing weight might be impossible to believing it's going to happen. I also noticed that my stress levels are a lot lower than they used to be. I also see food differently than I did when I started. Now I automatically look for the healthiest food I can find.
The best thing I got from Jon Gabriel's book was help in dealing with my internal issues about losing weight. For me, my weight was my protection. I subconsciously believed that as long as I was heavy nothing could really hurt me. I've come to believe that I no longer need my weight for protection and am finding that I'm having a fairly easy time of losing the weight because I've essentially reprogrammed my body and myself to let go of the weight. I find that I want to research good nutrition. I actively seek out and find budget conscious ways to include some organic foods in my diet.
Reading the book, paying special attention to the mental part of weight loss that he writes about, helps tremendously. Listening to the cd every night like Jon recommends in the book is what drives the message home and truly helps turn your thinking around so you can lose the weight. Diets always seemed to stress me out. I was always worried about what I ate. I don't worry about it anymore. I also don't feel the need to use food for comfort.
I think I've gone on long enough. I hope this helps someone who's thinking of trying the Gabriel Method. (The mediation cd is a MUST. You can download it for free from his website if you have a copy of the book. There's a code inside the book that allows you to get the mediatation download for free.)
CurlieFoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #13  

Default The Gabriel method

OK, so I have just registered after I started reading the Gabriel method last night. I haven't started the CD yet. I'm so curious as to how you all are doing with this method.
Lilylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #14  

I've used this method. Even if he talks about things like mind over matter and losing weight trough visualization the premises are pretty scientific.
In fact, Jon Gabriel is biochemical researcher.
However, this is for sure worth a try: even if it isn't a totally exerciseless method (he suggest you to do some light fitness) the results are amazing.
Using this method I was able to lose more than 30 pounds.
But, as a lot of people who are using this method can tell you, the best thing about it is not the weight loss, but the change of mentality: after the course I never had a craving again.
Btw, I've written a review about this: my review
Gillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian View Post
hey, they added a lot of things since I bought the method for myself! Didn't know that now it's fully on video!
I was thinking of reading the book again, as it always makes me feel great
What do you think about the visualization programs?

Last edited by Valerie1875; 07-08-2013 at 06:58 AM.
Valerie1875 is offline   Reply With Quote