South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #1  

Default Gave up but going to try once more....

Hi,

I followed the SBD to the letter for the last month. Two years ago I lost 20 lbs and I ate pretty much the same as I still had that info for my daily meals in my Fitness Tracker.

The one change this last time was eating plain yogurt/cottage cheese mixture (1/2 c) in the morning for breakfast with a little SF Jello mixed in. I'm sure it was SBD diet approved and asked on the forums to make sure.

I was so unsuccessful this time - lost 2-3 lbs total. Stayed on Phase 1 for 2 weeks and then transitioned to Phase 2 but stagnated there as well.

In the last week I went back to some bad habits so I'm going to try to start Phase 1 again.

Perhaps last time it went so well that I expected the same results this time. I realize I have 10 lbs to lose to it is slower and less weight but no loss means, to me, that for some reason SBD isn't working for me this time.

I'm going to TRY really hard and give this another chance. If not perhaps there is another diet more suited to me at this point. I wondered if there were any thoughts about if my breakfast might have thrown me off?

Thanks
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

What you had for breakfast is completely fine for SBD, though you could always use some veggies (its hard with breakfast)

It is most likely due to the fact that you only have 10 lbs to loose that you are not seeing the same results the you saw the first time around. However keep in mind that 3lbs in one month is not bad at all.

But that being said, if you want to post a few typical daily menus the ladies here could take a look and see if there is anything you may have over looked that could help.

Good luck!
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #3  

Thanks for the post. I was just reading this thread and am wondering your thoughts on these "muffins"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/brea...h-muffins.html

It seems to me that the plax and/or baking powder might be not Phase 1.

As with most people I have the biggest issue with breakfast and would love some options.

Also, I do find that one of my problems is veggies. I am not a veggie eater and really work hard to incorporate them. That seemed OK 2 years ago but I wonder if it is an issue now. I will eat salads, spaghetti squash, the basics but am not a green veggie eater for the most part

Thanks!
mexigrl64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree with Lindsay that it is likely you won't lose as much weight with only 10 pounds to go. Plus, having done PH1 more than once myself, I don't think it is uncommon to not have as big a loss subsequent times.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

That link that you posted for South Beach muffins are perfectly fine for phase 1. (Though due to the flax in them, they would be limited to one a day)

Breakfast always seems to be the most difficult meal for everyone who does the south beach diet. Try to think outside the 'breakfast box'.
There is no reason you can have things that you would eat for lunch/dinner/snacks for breakfast.

I have been known to have beans w/ salsa, salads, left overs, celery w/ pb etc. for breakfast simply because thats what I had and thats what was easy.
Though that being said I do enjoy a nice omlette when I have the time, and often one for dinner too.

Veggies can be tricky, even for myself, who likes alot of veggies.. there are certainly times that I am just not in the mood. You can always just grab whatever raw veggie that you have on hand, chew it up quickly and swollow before you go on to the more enjoyable parts of the meal. Treat it like medicine (if that makes sense).

Anyways I have rambled on for far too long, I hope you find great success on the beach!
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:57 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

"I was so unsuccessful this time - lost 2-3 lbs total."

What?!?!? That is entirely successful!!! A normal loss is about a pound a week so you lost a large percentage of your 10 pound goal! How are you feeling on SBD? Are you feeling better? Healthier? How are your clothes fitting?

As someone who has been on and off this way of living for over 7 years now, I can tell you that I never lose as much on Ph 1 anymore like I did that first time (12 pounds). I now see Ph 1 as a way to get rid of some water weight but most of all, the bad food cravings! I look at it from that angle and set my expectations accordingly.The SBD isn't a quick fix but a way of living. I know I feel 100000000 times better on it than when I am off plan.

I hope you stick with it! Ph 2 can be tricky (do a search here for Phase 1.5 - some of the chicks have nicknamed the in between trial phase) and you really need to listen to your body and see what combo of fruit and grain works for you. It takes time to figure it out but once you do, the time spent will be worth it!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote