Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #1  
not-so-skinny jeanz.

S/C/G: strt;245. crnt;260* goal;[225]

Height: 5'8 !

Angry anyone's ARMS look like this??

>>What did you do to lose them?!
they are so huge, they're almost as big as my torso!
but they've always been big.. since I was in 5th grade.
is there a way to rid them forever?
plus sized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Lose weight and exercise. You will see then if you will have loose skin or not, but they will get smaller as you get smaller.

Every woman on my mom's side has large upper arms - no matter what, but they can look better and exercise, strength training especially, will firm them up and mold them to look nice, even if they are bigger.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #3  
not-so-skinny jeanz.

this is not really a good angle to see,
but the back part hangs over the elbow.
& if there is loose skin? then what?
because I have loose skin in the front.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #4  
not-so-skinny jeanz.

worried if I lift weights, they'll get bigger! (muscular?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #5  
Melissa

No, you'll get smaller (especially if you are trying to lose weight). And even if they did get bigger, muscular arms are way nicer looking than flabby arms.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #6  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

They're not going to get bigger from lifting. That's a myth. They'll tighten up as you build up the muscle and lose the fat, but you're not going to burst the sleeves of your shirt. My arms were/are huge. Through diet and exercise I have lost 4 inches off my upper arms.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #7  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus sized View Post
this is not really a good angle to see,
but the back part hangs over the elbow.
& if there is loose skin? then what?
because I have loose skin in the front.
How much weight have lost? your siggie is hard to figure out.

It is probably fat deposits, but I have the same thing from loose skin and that won't go away as it's already been a year and it's shrunk up as much as it will.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #8  
Becoming A Better Me

Low weights 8-12 lbs. with high reps will tone them up nicely as you lose weight without adding any bulk... good luck and enjoy the journey!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 135/135/110

Height: 4'9"

Start lifting weights, the weights will tighten and tone your arm right up!(personal experience) Weights are amazing - they burn a lot more calories and will help with fat burn.
Teaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #10  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I always hated my arms cause they are kinda big compared to the rest of me. I feared weight training because I know my arms have a tendency to get muscular but decided better muscular than flabby. I have been lifting and now my hubby always compliments my arms, he says they always look like I am flexing. They only went down a couple inches but look way slimmer since they r tone. The weights has also lifted the girls, they need much more but I'm up for the challenge hoping they will be up too. Lol. If u look at lots of celebrity woman they are all toning their arms. I love Jessica Biel's arms.
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 275/209/190

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
They're not going to get bigger from lifting. That's a myth. They'll tighten up as you build up the muscle and lose the fat, but you're not going to burst the sleeves of your shirt. My arms were/are huge. Through diet and exercise I have lost 4 inches off my upper arms.
agree
LadyP2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

For reference, this is what my arms looked like when I was in my best shape (at 150lbs in 2009). I did a serious arms weights workout, at the time, which is how they got that way. Even though I did bicep curls with a 40lb. barbell, they didn't get any bigger.

This is what my arms look like, now, at 167.5lbs, and just getting back into working out:

I hope to get back to my previous arms, and am doing weight training to get there. Good luck!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #13  
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Yes, mine look like that, but worse. Mine are absolutely huge, bigger than yours and I currently weigh less than you do. I certainly feel your pain. I have always had arms that look those of a person who weighs 50 to 75 lbs more than I do...at least.

Yes, weight training will help them look better. I haven't been targeting biceps and triceps, but because of the work I've been doing on shoulders and back I'm doing some and my arms already look better.

However, everyone who said they won't get bigger through weight training doesn't have these arms. You may or may not build muscle mass easily. I do. If you are like me, then yes, they can get bigger. But they will look better. I've just had to give away a jacket that practically wraps around my waist now but my arms still won't fit in them (they never did).

I have previously lost weight to the point where they looked a lot better. Yours will look even better than mine did. Mine will never be right. I am losing on my arms, but it is much slower than the rest of my body. You can have surgery but I was told by a surgeon that the scarring is significant.
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #14  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus sized View Post
worried if I lift weights, they'll get bigger! (muscular?
Your arms will get muscular doing weights, but they won't ever look huge and bulky like men do. If you are using light weights, you will simply tone your muscles The bigger the weights, the more your muscles will grow.

Last edited by Rhiko; 04-07-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:11 AM   #15  
banned

Height: 5'3

Yep! Got 'em! And mine look especially ridiculous & disproportionate because I have very small hands, wrists and lower arms. I store the majority of my lard in the upper arms & lower abdomen. It seems these will be the very last areas to release fat. Of course, the areas where I actually need the fat always shrink first (butt & boobs).
Silver Sky is offline   Reply With Quote