Old 04-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #1  
Ready to fly!

S/C/G: 266/259/160

Height: 5'6

Smile Butterfly's Open Diary

Ok, so i know most people do blogs...but I dont' like them, lol

SOOOO, i'm gonna be the odd one out and do a diary..thats just the way I roll!

I have so much going on with my health lately. I'm slightly concerned. Not too worried yet. BUT even though I've been overweight for a long time now, I think its finally caught up to me.

I've had alot of problems with my breathing so I finally went to the dct for it. I was told it might be asthma and was given an inhaler. I say "given" because I had to pay $100 for the thing. AND it didn't help! SO I went back and they scheduled some tests. SO FAR my glucose test said I'm prediabetic...BUT it was a non fasting test, so I'm going to ask for a fasting test and see what that says.

I've just took a pulmonary functioning test yesterday and next week I'm scheduled for a 24hr heart rate monitor because my heart rate is 2x what it should be.

AND ontop of everything else...I JUST got over having the flu!! lol So I've been crazy sick!

I did manage to lose 8lbs by having the flu, but I'm looking forward to feeling better and getting my health under control once and for all!!!! I hope I don't end up with any kind of problems...hopefully my breathing will just magically clear up and things will be fine. BUT this has been a scary couple of weeks for me and I don't want more of it in my future!
butterflywings77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Butterfly, I hear you. I'm going through similar stuff with a fib. Was in the hospital for 3 days, saw 5 doctors and got 4 opinions ranging from "you'll need to take an aspirin daily but that's it" to "you have about a year left to live." Please don't hesitate to keep after your doctors until they figure out what is going on and have developed a course of action with which you agree.

It is scary, but once you have developed a course of treatment and you work with your doctor on getting things under control, there's a lot that can be done to provide you with a good quality of life. Can we repair the damage we've done? It depends on what's wrong. But in many cases if repair can't be done, it can at least be managed.

Good luck.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Butterfly. This is a great idea. I look forward to reading your updates.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #4  
Ready to fly!

Thanks for the support girls!! Betsy, wow scary stuff there! I hope they've figured things out for you by now!

I've decided I'm not gonna wait for my apt on the 18th to start changing. I'm going to throw out pop and concentrate on getting in that water!

I'm recovering from my flu quiet nicely...even got some much needed house cleaning done
Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #5  
Ready to fly!

I think starting today I'm going to start listing my cals here. I need to start somewhere.

Pineapple juice...110 cals
Old 04-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #6  
Ready to fly!

So, my grandpa died today. We were at his beside for the last 4 or so days. He seemed to hang on forever. But while the pain of losing him feels unbearable, I try to remember that this moment..when he gets to see Jesus...its what he worked for his whole life.

I won't be back to this forum until wednesday, maybe...after the funeral. But them I'm going to kick it old school style.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #7  
Living Intuitively

S/C/G: Heavy/Happy/Free

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather.
lunarsongbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #8  
Ready to fly!

Thank you!!

Today I am busy making dozens of cookies to give to the nursing home staff as a thank you. Funeral is set for tuesday morning